ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

I have a feeling we will be getting a Penguins vs Golden Knights Stanley Cup Final.

 

You really need to use a spoiler alert warning when posting comments like this. Most of us haven’t seen it yet, you jerk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

You really need to use a spoiler alert warning when posting comments like this. Most of us haven’t seen it yet, you jerk. 

 

Uh what....it's just guesses of game outcomes. No spoilers. I never spoil anything............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

 

Uh what....it's just guesses of game outcomes. No spoilers. I never spoil anything, what you talking about.....

24FdeJO.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LMU said:

24FdeJO.jpg

 

k8cne.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Morgo said:

 

If it means not seeing that rat-faced puke Marchand lift another cup I'm all for it ;)

 

Well he won't be able to lift it too high, cause you know, his arms aren't long enough to get it around his nose. 

 

I know (think) the Bruins will win game 7. Here's why. I completely agree with Brass, if Pastrnak or Marchand for that matter try to toe drag one more time through the entire leafs roster instead of making the smart, simple pass, I'm gonna shoot myself. speaking of shooting, does Torey Krug know you're actually allowed to make forward passes in today's NHL instead of shooting the puck into a sea of bodies every single possession? And does Rick Nash know you're allowed to actually challenge the goaltender with shots that actually land on goal? Jake Debrusk's been the best Bruin of the series and it's pretty much indisputable. Better than Brad, Patrice, all 3 Davids and esp. Tuukka. Kid never quits on the puck, and his hustle has paid off 3 times so far. I'm sick and tired of Tuukka playing just ok and getting away with it. He needs to act like a franchise goaltender, make that one big save and help them win the game. However, the Bruins are at least marginally the better team of the two, which the regular season and first two games of the series showed, and I have a hard time believing many self-respecting leafs fans would even think differently. However, I also think it's pretty embarrassing to think that the leafs have stolen their 3 wins. They have pounced on more opportunities, been one of very few teams to figure out the 63-37-88 line, and overall outgoaltended the Bruins in a large way. The Bruins, especially Tuukka, have allowed them to outplay them, and to look like the better team. To be the better team. Did I mention how garbage Rask's been? Bottom line, in front of a home crowd I believe the Bruins stalwarts step up in a large way, and seal the deal on this thing. It should've taken five, but I think they will win in seven. They are the better team here after all.

 

Or maybe they're not. We'll know Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing worth noting- when these teams went 7 games in 2013, there was no off-day.

 

we’ll see if that plays a part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

I’ve never seen a team be so throughly outplayed like the Leafs, yet is somehow winning. 

 

 

Montreal/Washington 2010 says hi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Pittsburgh-Washington again? How the heck does this keep happening?

 

On 4/20/2018 at 4:29 PM, Crabcake47 said:

the NHL designed a playoff system that gave them as many divisional matchups as possible during the playoffs, and it juuuuust so happens that Caps-Pens is usually one of them. With Pittsburgh winning. Every. Single. Time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rate of giving up at least 3 goals in every game of a first-round series over the last 10 years:

- Blue Jackets, 4/4 (100%)

- Rest of NHL, 7/156 (4.5%)

 

Of everything that's perplexing about the Blue Jackets in the playoffs, this is by far and away the most confusing one. They've played 21 playoff games, and every single time, they've given up at least 3 goals. Even if you gave the Jackets the worst starting goalie in the NHL, it makes no sense -- you'd think they could at least dumb luck their way into a 4-2 win or even a 2-0 loss -- but given the team's had a top goalie every single year, it's even more ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Pittsburgh-Washington again? How the :censored: does this keep happening?

 

Maybe this time the Caps will beat the Penguins... wait a second, who am I kidding? Pittsburgh owns them like rented mules.

 

Either way, the semi final matches in the West are far more interesting then the ones out East.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penguins in 5. Murray will be better than Bobrovsky, the Penguins won't turn the puck over on the breakout at an alarming rate, their power play won't vanish, their penalty kill is going to do something about Ovechkin, and they're not going to take the dumbest penalties imaginable when the entire series hinges on not taking dumb penalties.

 

I hate to say this. I'm really pulling for the Capitals, but I don't see it happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Penguins in 5. Murray will be better than Bobrovsky, the Penguins won't turn the puck over on the breakout at an alarming rate, their power play won't vanish, their penalty kill is going to do something about Ovechkin, and they're not going to take the dumbest penalties imaginable when the entire series hinges on not taking dumb penalties.

 

I hate to say this. I'm really pulling for the Capitals, but I don't see it happening. 

Unfortunately, you've hit the nail on the head.  This Caps team is worse than last year's imo, especially in defense.  The Caps can't count on their PK completely shutting down the Penguins' power play to nullify all the dumb penalties they took in the series.  I can't see this series going 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The most interesting thing about Penguins/Capitals is the inevitable Urinatingtree video. 

 

In the meantime, there's this...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Blue Jackets have been in the league for 18 years and still have not won a single playoff series, while the Golden Knights just got here and already swept an established team on their first go. I completely understand the unhappiness I've heard from several fanbases and also the arguments about :censored: 'd off GM's.

 

In terms of the Vegas fanbase ''having it easy'', wait till the Penguins crush their Stanley Cup dreams in a Game 7 heartbreaker, where the Golden Knights fight like mad men to try to get that late tying goal to no avail and the Penguins barely cling on till the end to 3-peat. [/not a spoiler] :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch this finally be the year Washington gets past their bullying older brother in Pittsburgh, only for Tampa/Boston/maybe Toronto make them their b-tch in the ECF. That would totally happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

 

In the meantime, there's this...

 

 

His video on "Barbecue Bruce" is better. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Blue Jackets have been in the league for 18 years and still have not won a single playoff series

oh god, this is going to become a Thing, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 10:19 PM, ozzyman314 said:

Look at the Stats and tell me The Leafs have been the better team. 

 

That, i could deal with. 

Plain & Simple, Bruins are choking hard.

 

I’ve said since the beginning, Bruins are the only team that can beat Pittsburgh. 

 

You're such a homer it's making Bruins fans look even worse.

 

A. The Bruins are top to bottom a better team BUT there's 2 glaring differences between them that explains why this series is 3-3: Mike Babcock & Freddy Andersen. Babcock is coaching circles around Big Ole Bruce, and it's tough to watch. Bruce is over here shuffling lines that don't need to be shuffled. He's getting finessed defensively, Babcock is exposing the speed of the Bruins.

 

B. If the Bruins are thoroughly outplaying the Leafs (they are), how are they choking? I don't think you understand what choking actually is. The Bruins are playing well enough to win, but that won't happen when Rask lets up pee-wee level goals and Andersen is playing at a top, top level. 

 

Watch the game a little more objectively. Don't be a Jack Edwards, be a Doc Emrick. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

oh god, this is going to become a Thing, isn't it?

 

Whatever the record for most playoff series losses to start a franchise is I bet the Blue Jackets will break that record by 3 or 4 series losses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, speedy said:

 

You're such a homer it's making Bruins fans look even worse.

 

A. The Bruins are top to bottom a better team BUT there's 2 glaring differences between them that explains why this series is 3-3: Mike Babcock & Freddy Andersen. Babcock is coaching circles around Big Ole Bruce, and it's tough to watch. Bruce is over here shuffling lines that don't need to be shuffled. He's getting finessed defensively, Babcock is exposing the speed of the Bruins.

 

B. If the Bruins are thoroughly outplaying the Leafs (they are), how are they choking? I don't think you understand what choking actually is. The Bruins are playing well enough to win, but that won't happen when Rask lets up pee-wee level goals and Andersen is playing at a top, top level. 

 

Watch the game a little more objectively. Don't be a Jack Edwards, be a Doc Emrick. 

 

 

I've missed you so much <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now