ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

8 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Seriously, this is SO going to dilute the conference finals

Not gonna speak for the west because I don't really pay that much attention, but let's review the two teams left in the Metropolitan bracket:

• Back-to-back Stanley Cup winners, features second-best player in league
  • Team that's been one of NHL's best for a long time but never broken through, features best scorer in league

You're trying to tell me that the Penguins or Capitals would "dilute" the conference finals?

I knew in my bones that going into the third with a 4-3 lead was not going to end with the Leafs winning the game. The only surprising thing was not that the Bruins came back, but how quickly they turned it around. The most Leafs thing possible would've been to hang onto the lead the whole period and then give up the tying goal with like 5 seconds left.

Truly sorry, Leafs fans. Boston fans, I know most of you are good people who get it, but if you aren't please try to understand how good you have it. Also, eat :censored:. 

Predators in 7

Sharks in 6

Lightning in 7

Penguins in 5

alright let's do some dumb stupid predictions

Jets in 6

Golden Knights in 7

Lightning in 5

Capitals in 7 (let me dream)

8 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The playoffs are gonna be a lot less fun without the Leafs.

And this thread would be a lot more fun without your posts.

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

I knew in my bones that going into the third with a 4-3 lead was not going to end with the Leafs winning the game. The only surprising thing was not that the Bruins came back, but how quickly they turned it around. The most Leafs thing possible would've been to hang onto the lead the whole period and then give up the tying goal with like 5 seconds left.

Truly sorry, Leafs fans. Boston fans, I know most of you are good people who get it, but if you aren't please try to understand how good you have it. Also, eat :censored:. 

Boston fans, yes. Bruins fans, eh. Besides 2011 (I know, I know, they won the freakin' Cup I should shut up) the Bruins have let me down my entire life. Don't forget, just in the past decade they blew a 3-0 series lead and lost a Stanley Cup final in 5 seconds at home. They're kinda a**holes - and not in the Brad Marchand way, in the Bill Buckner way.

But I digress. What. A. Game. Kudos to the Leafs, all series long they found the answering goal almost immediately - tremendous resiliency for a young squad.

A couple take-a-ways. Rask still sucks, like... sucks. Austin Matthews was absolutely shut down by a 40 year old who looks like he skates in peanut butter - IceCap, what's your take on his performance? Really feel bad for Freddie Anderson, he was awful in the 3rd period.. but hoping he doesn't take the blame here, he's the reason they even got it to a game 7. Marner is going to be a hell of a player, really impressed this series. Finally, Zach Hyman is the fastest kid alive.

Pens in 5

Bruins in 6

Vegas in 7

Winny in 6

Predators in 5

Knights in 6

Bruins in 7

Penguins in 6

4 hours ago, speedy said:

IceCap, what's your take on his performance?

He had to step up. No other way to say it. You need everyone firing on all cylinders if you want to best a team as talented as the Bruins, and Matthews just wasn't.

Even though I've been bandwagoning this team since May 31st, 2011, I wasn't prepared for how emotionally invested I'd be in this series. I want, no, need the Jets to destroy the Predators and I will be an inconsolable mess if they can't. They can do this. Rinne has been fallible. Subban can be an idiot. Johansen is a fat lazy turd. It can happen.

Sticking to my guns on 3 of the 4 series based on my original bracket, then the 4th I was 0-for so I can get creative

Bruins in 7

Caps in 6

Jets in 6

Knights in 6

Bruins in 6

Jets in 5

Bruins in 6

Washington isn't messing around. 1-0 Capitals 17 seconds in.

They don't want to be wiped out by Pittsburgh once more.

This has been an excellent game so far. Early goal from Kuznetsov was get outta your seat exciting but the goalies have been terrific. 1-0 after 2 even though it could easily be 4-3. 

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

Washington isn't messing around. 1-0 Capitals 17 seconds in.

2-0, 28 seconds into the second.

7 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

2-0, 28 seconds into the second.

2-2. This feels very familiar. 

1 minute ago, Crabcake47 said:

2-2. This feels very familiar. 

giphy.gif

3-2.  I guess wanting the Capitals to win this match-up once is asking too much.

I think the only reason this can still be surprising is because the Caps find new ways to utterly destroy their fans hope when they play Pittsburgh.

Two-goal lead in the 3rd and it took five minutes to blow it and fall behind. Nuts.

Can we get a “sinking depression following the realization that you are a Caps fan” entry next year for the GTOV?