Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson's gotta know better. There's a difference between being physical and being dirty, Wilson crosses that line far too often. Hopefully this teaches him a lesson, because the Caps don't really have another player like him that can be so physical while having the offensive skills to play on the first line. 

spacer.png

What a heartless performance by the Bruins. Bolts played great, but the Bruins played in a constant complacent manner. Their body language essentially screamed "they're shutting us down, so let's regroup next game."

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

As best I can tell, it went 

1) get Patrik Laine

2) stop taking dumb penalties

3) Hellebuyck matures into elite goalie

That's not to sell Ehlers, Connor, or other recent-ish draft picks short (the Jets are an overwhelmingly drafted/developed roster), but those were the biggest turning points in what's otherwise been a pretty constant model. I did laugh when Lambert said "all the Jets had to do to get this good was have good goaltending." Well, kinda, but there's also the matter of the 19-year-old who scored 44 goals...

Abd they also went from a goalie downgrade (Pavelec) to an upgrade (Halleybuck)

Whoever's running the Vegas Golden Knights official Twitter is great, their account is gold.

Every single person hired for this organisation is doing their part to make this team an attraction, a success, and, like I said, they're not :censored: ing around. It's because that's what Bettman wants.

The Knights really are a model franchise. It's not just the play of the team; everything they've done to this point has been a clinic of how to run and operate an organization. The attention they've been bringing to the league is nothing but positive. This is probably the best thing that's happened to the NHL in years.

25 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Whoever's running the Vegas Golden Knights official Twitter is great, their account is gold.

Every single person hired for this organisation is doing their part to make this team an attraction, a success, and, like I said, they're not :censored: ing around. It's because that's what Bettman wants.

That was the only part of the Knights organization that came to play tonight. Gotta get back to The Fortress for some home cooking.

8 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Wow. So  that whole Tampa Bay can’t win at TD Garden thing just got turned on it’s ear

Their road record there since 2015-'16 isn't actually grossly terrible (4-4) but their history there is still a trainwreck and one game where they played with a two goal lead for about 55 minutes doesn't change a ton. Excellent performance tonight, truly, but odds are they won't be up 2-0 within 3:45 again and that's going to be its own kind of challenge. Bruins could easily win in Tampa again, so Game 4 is hardly a "get 'em next time" game if things don't work out for the Lightning, AFAIC. 

spacer.png

8 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Did it get better after the previous account runner left? Because that guy was insufferable and I have them muted. Twitter got better once I stopped seeing Golden Knights tweets. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Would've been cool if Tom Wilson had been suspended in the first round for elbowing Alex Wennberg in the coconut. I don't know why we needed to wait for him to do it four more times when he already had a history of dummy bear behavior. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think the frustration with him finally reached such a pitch that they couldn't write it off as Playoff Intensity anymore and had to give him the same suspension that Shaw got for incidental contact with a goalie.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Did it get better after the previous account runner left? Because that guy was insufferable and I have them muted. Twitter got better once I stopped seeing Golden Knights tweets. 

Are you on the side who don't want to see them win the Cup in year one? Idk about before cause I only tuned in to the account, when the playoffs started.

Well that was a refreshing change of pace. Played well with speed throughout the game and didn't get complacent when the lead was 2-0 or even 3-0. I still think Vegas is getting the benefit of some soft calls at times, but I don't think it's as unreasonable as I would've seemed a few days ago in my mind with San Jose pulling this one out in seven. Just have to be Vegas in the compound with all their stupid dancing Rosebuds.

Now Nashville, I'mma need you to ship up and even this thing out later on. Last thing we need is having the Jets on the runway for a WCF appearance. A tired opponent is a good opponent.  

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Eh, the account's spending way too much time being self-congratulatory.

Exhibit A:

VmWIn6B.png

Archived