ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

5 hours ago, tp49 said:

Where have all the goons gone?  Back in my day, Wilson would have been run through the boards and his remains pounded into the ice by the likes of a Dave Schultz, Bob Probert, Tie Domi, Chris Simon or even a George Parros...   Wilson and Marchand in the ECF would be a joy to watch.

normal.png?1507823795

I have this really sickening feeling that the Caps are going to win Thursday, go up 3-1, and blow it in 7, meaning that if they would have prevented the five minute meltdown of Game 1, they would have wrapped up the series already. 

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

I could not have put it better myself. Until they beat the Penguins two more times, all these leads and good performances mean absolutely nothing. 

This series should be 3-0 Caps and even if it was I still wouldn't feel good. 

Reasons to be optimistic - I think that was Murray's best game of the 3 and they still lost. I'd wager on at least one more stinker out of him. The Penguins blue line might be the worst defensive unit left in the playoffs (and did anyone catch Kris Letang whacking Ovechkin with his stick after the goal? I'm so ready for their brand of bitchy, snotty crybaby hockey to end). The Penguins can't seem to score when the Crosby line isn't on the ice so that's something to watch as well. 

Reasons to pessimistic - a call went against the Penguins which means the officials will get a directive to even it up in the next game even though it would take about 35 crucial bad calls or bad no-calls to work against Pittsburgh before the universe is squared. Tom Wilson should probably take a seat for a game or two. He's targeted at least 5 melons in the playoffs and the league's done nothing. The Penguins thrive off of trolling, which means being down in a series is the exact situation they're built for.

7 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Go Jets Go. That is one hell of a team. How it all magically finally came together kind of astounds me.

As best I can tell, it went 

1) get Patrik Laine

2) stop taking dumb penalties

3) Hellebuyck matures into elite goalie

That's not to sell Ehlers, Connor, or other recent-ish draft picks short (the Jets are an overwhelmingly drafted/developed roster), but those were the biggest turning points in what's otherwise been a pretty constant model. I did laugh when Lambert said "all the Jets had to do to get this good was have good goaltending." Well, kinda, but there's also the matter of the 19-year-old who scored 44 goals...

If you haven't been keeping tabs on Dan Carcillo, which is to say you've been out living your life like a well-adjusted human being, you might be surprised to find out he's become an advocate for player safety. Zeal of the convert, huh?

I guess Wilson does have a hearing coming up now. I hope he gets suspended at least three games, which is what Andrew Shaw got for brushing up against a flopping Mike Smith six (!) years ago.

SAVE_US.WPG

Wilson gets to cool his heels while he's suspended for the next three games.

Wilson's gotta know better. There's a difference between being physical and being dirty, Wilson crosses that line far too often. Hopefully this teaches him a lesson, because the Caps don't really have another player like him that can be so physical while having the offensive skills to play on the first line. 

What a heartless performance by the Bruins. Bolts played great, but the Bruins played in a constant complacent manner. Their body language essentially screamed "they're shutting us down, so let's regroup next game."

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

As best I can tell, it went 

1) get Patrik Laine

2) stop taking dumb penalties

3) Hellebuyck matures into elite goalie

That's not to sell Ehlers, Connor, or other recent-ish draft picks short (the Jets are an overwhelmingly drafted/developed roster), but those were the biggest turning points in what's otherwise been a pretty constant model. I did laugh when Lambert said "all the Jets had to do to get this good was have good goaltending." Well, kinda, but there's also the matter of the 19-year-old who scored 44 goals...

Abd they also went from a goalie downgrade (Pavelec) to an upgrade (Halleybuck)

The Bruins looked like the Celtics during KG era. We stole a game on the road? That means we get an extra day off at home! Shut up, we're old!

Starting to think now that regardless of what team wins The East, The Western team is going to win The Cup. 

Whoever's running the Vegas Golden Knights official Twitter is great, their account is gold.

Every single person hired for this organisation is doing their part to make this team an attraction, a success, and, like I said, they're not :censored: ing around. It's because that's what Bettman wants.

The Knights really are a model franchise. It's not just the play of the team; everything they've done to this point has been a clinic of how to run and operate an organization. The attention they've been bringing to the league is nothing but positive. This is probably the best thing that's happened to the NHL in years.

25 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Whoever's running the Vegas Golden Knights official Twitter is great, their account is gold.

Every single person hired for this organisation is doing their part to make this team an attraction, a success, and, like I said, they're not :censored: ing around. It's because that's what Bettman wants.

That was the only part of the Knights organization that came to play tonight. Gotta get back to The Fortress for some home cooking.

8 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Wow. So  that whole Tampa Bay can’t win at TD Garden thing just got turned on it’s ear

Their road record there since 2015-'16 isn't actually grossly terrible (4-4) but their history there is still a trainwreck and one game where they played with a two goal lead for about 55 minutes doesn't change a ton. Excellent performance tonight, truly, but odds are they won't be up 2-0 within 3:45 again and that's going to be its own kind of challenge. Bruins could easily win in Tampa again, so Game 4 is hardly a "get 'em next time" game if things don't work out for the Lightning, AFAIC.