ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

Caps 1 win away from going to the Conference Finals. Hold on, I think I've seen this movie before....

I'm really pulling for the Caps. It'd be nice for them to break this cycle of abuse their fans keep going through, against the Pens.

I won't believe the Caps beat the Pens, until the final horn goes off and the Caps beat the Pens.

20 minutes ago, insert name said:

Caps 1 win away from going to the Conference Finals. Hold on, I think I've seen this movie before....

Only to get thumped by Tampa Bay

I'm ready for the NHL to start rigging this thing in favor of the Preds like I keep hearing about. 

Well, I'm not calling it, but I am raiding the beer fridge with extreme prejudice.

Okay, NHL. Go ahead and initiate the rigging protocol. Stop messing around, guys. 

*switches to Blantons*

I don't like having to win two in a row to get by this Jets team. This may be where the Preds lose the series.

I think he isn't around to potentially jinx Winnipeg here even though they're up 6-2 here. Last thing you want is this lead blown sky high knowing that the Winnipeg Whiteout is going to be ready for another chance to make history on Monday night.

The Western Conference Finals is probably about to be Winnipeg vs Las Vegas. Go back ten years and tell yourself that. 

26 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

The Western Conference Finals is probably about to be Winnipeg vs Las Vegas. Go back ten years and tell yourself that. 

And one of those 2 teams is going to win the Cup. 

1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

Hell we might get a Tampa Bay vs. Las Vegas SCF. Go back 30 years and people would laugh in our faces if we told them that. 

Penguins have played a lot of hockey the last two springs.

Might the mental/physical fatigue of all these deep playoff runs finally be catching up?

So is the NHL gonna suspend Guentzel for that high hit on Carlson or are they just gonna look the other way again cause it’s the Penguins?

Foot. On. The. Throat.

It's time to repay Pittsburgh for a decade plus of playoff torture.

Don't let this series go the distance.

Guys, I’ve seen the script for the rest of the series. It’s not pretty. 

Penguins jump out to a 2-0 lead after 1, Caps come back and score 2 in the second and another in the third to take a 3-2 lead. The Penguins then tie the game with 1:25 remaining on a deflection with the net empty, win the game on a PPG in OT off of a Crosby dive, then win Game 7 1-0. 

I’ve never been more sure that a team behind in a series will win the series than I am with Pittsburgh. It almost feels like they have Washington right where they want them.

Anyone think the officiating has been even more atrocious than usual with these playoffs? Or has it just been the Bruins-Lightning series?

Not trying to makes excuses, as I've seen some horrendously missed/no calls on both teams.