Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

My preferences are:

1. The west.

2. Tampa Bay

3. Washington

With the caveat that if in OITGDNHL fashion Vegas wins it all the parade must be on the strip at night, be loaded with dancing girls and strippers, and be choreographed like a show.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm giving the Capitals a fair shot at this one. I don't trust Vasilevskiy to see this through, even with as much talent in front of him as there is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You mean like outside this board? Because we've been less than fans since the team was announced, and it's not as if James Neal is a favorite around the league.

9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

You mean like outside this board? Because we've been less than fans since the team was announced, and it's not as if James Neal is a favorite around the league.

No just here. If the board members weren't fans since their arrival, it's only since the playoffs started and since I listened to that one episode of BASS that covered the NHL Playoffs that I noticed it as much as I do now.

I'm quite confident now that there's plenty more outside the boards too.

7 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

No just here. If the board members weren't fans since their arrival, it's only since the playoffs started and since I listened to that one episode of BASS that covered the NHL Playoffs that I noticed it as much as I do now.

I'm quite confident there's plenty more outside the boards too.

Well, yeah. Because during the regular season it was just ridiculous. Now it's asinine.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't think the Golden Knights' vaunted forward depth is really an edge in this series. Little and Lowry centering the bottom six, with whichever permutations of Armia, Perreault, Copp, and Tanev they settle on, look a lot better to me than Lindberg, Eakin, Bellemare, et al. And I'm gonna go out on a limb and put the Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler line ahead of Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith. Of course, I expect Vegas to account for these imbalances with lots of short-shift bursts.

Seems like the Caps are only skating with one alternate captain. Thought you always needed to have two if you've got a captain skating?

spacer.png

Kempny with the goal! Caps look good to start. 

EDIT: What a turn of events to end the first! Good thing the Caps haven't blown a Game 1 2-0 lead in this postseason!

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Kempny with the goal! Caps look good to start. 

EDIT: What a turn of events to end the first! Good thing the Caps haven't blown a Game 1 2-0 lead in this postseason!

It's okay its 3-0 now which means we can't blow a 2-0 lead

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm giving the Capitals a fair shot at this one. I don't trust Vasilevskiy to see this through, even with as much talent in front of him as there is.

This was a fair assessment. 

Holy crap, I made an accurate sports prediction, gonna print that one out and eat it so that it may become a part of me.

Even at 4-0 this team makes me sweat. Caps lost Game 1 in each of their last two series, though, and Tampa rebounded perfectly after losing Game 1 last series, which worries me. But still a great, complete performance. 

Still means nothing yet. 

spacer.png

Archived