ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

Recommended Posts

My preferences are:

 

1. The west.

2. Tampa Bay

3. Washington

 

With the caveat that if in OITGDNHL fashion Vegas wins it all the parade must be on the strip at night, be loaded with dancing girls and strippers, and be choreographed like a show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm giving the Capitals a fair shot at this one. I don't trust Vasilevskiy to see this through, even with as much talent in front of him as there is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though I understand the reasons which were brought up, I'm sort of surprised that there's now a large and growing anti-Vegas bandwagon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean like outside this board? Because we've been less than fans since the team was announced, and it's not as if James Neal is a favorite around the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

You mean like outside this board? Because we've been less than fans since the team was announced, and it's not as if James Neal is a favorite around the league.

 

No just here. If the board members weren't fans since their arrival, it's only since the playoffs started and since I listened to that one episode of BASS that covered the NHL Playoffs that I noticed it as much as I do now.

 

I'm quite confident now that there's plenty more outside the boards too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

No just here. If the board members weren't fans since their arrival, it's only since the playoffs started and since I listened to that one episode of BASS that covered the NHL Playoffs that I noticed it as much as I do now.

 

I'm quite confident there's plenty more outside the boards too.

 

Well, yeah. Because during the regular season it was just ridiculous. Now it's asinine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the Golden Knights' vaunted forward depth is really an edge in this series. Little and Lowry centering the bottom six, with whichever permutations of Armia, Perreault, Copp, and Tanev they settle on, look a lot better to me than Lindberg, Eakin, Bellemare, et al. And I'm gonna go out on a limb and put the Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler line ahead of Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith. Of course, I expect Vegas to account for these imbalances with lots of short-shift bursts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caps in 6

Golden Knights in 7

 

Golden Knights in 6

 

Sorry but I have a feeling Vegas takes the Cup. #VegasWinsLOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the Caps are only skating with one alternate captain. Thought you always needed to have two if you've got a captain skating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kempny with the goal! Caps look good to start. 

 

EDIT: What a turn of events to end the first! Good thing the Caps haven't blown a Game 1 2-0 lead in this postseason!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Kempny with the goal! Caps look good to start. 

 

EDIT: What a turn of events to end the first! Good thing the Caps haven't blown a Game 1 2-0 lead in this postseason!

It's okay its 3-0 now which means we can't blow a 2-0 lead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm giving the Capitals a fair shot at this one. I don't trust Vasilevskiy to see this through, even with as much talent in front of him as there is.

This was a fair assessment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap, I made an accurate sports prediction, gonna print that one out and eat it so that it may become a part of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even at 4-0 this team makes me sweat. Caps lost Game 1 in each of their last two series, though, and Tampa rebounded perfectly after losing Game 1 last series, which worries me. But still a great, complete performance. 

 

Still means nothing yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on, Caps. Three more games and I can just enjoy the playoffs without worrying about who wins for once. Foot on the throat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three more games Washington. Three more games until you guys get to play for the Cup.

 

Vegas or Winnipeg will be waiting, don't let all Caps fans down now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now