Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The atmosphere for Game 1 in Vegas was insane. They played Elvis Presley's Viva Las Vegas for their victory music, at the end of the game.

They always do that.  I’m not the first person to say this, but I’m surprised they didn’t edit out the “Las”.

11 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Honestly, I’d prefer the NHL to just cancel the first round of the Metro playoffs every year to get the Caps/Pens series they want and spare us the trouble. :rolleyes:

Might as well just give Pittsburgh a bye to the ECF. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

On 4/10/2018 at 12:47 PM, Ice_Cap said:

I’m just telling you that you’re having the wrong conversation with the wrong people. I don’t know very many Leafs fans who will go “yeah the Preds have it worse.” 

I never said they did. I'm just saying that your rafters have enough banners that a President's Trophy would likely mean jack squat.

I want a Cup banner, and that is the goal. I'm just saying that an extra banner actually means something to this franchise, at this point. I look forward to a day where we have enough banners that it won't, but we aren't there.

Anderson’s not the problem but thanks I suppose...

Anderson is serviceable, but I don't know that he's the guy to take you to a championship.

...oh right.

Look, you very well could be right. 

I’m just saying talk is cheap ;) 

Believing y'all have a future, but this isn't your year are not mutually exclusive. The team needs a few more years for additional development, imo. Plus you're running into a heavy favorite, in round one.

I hate Boston sports fans, and am rooting for the Leafs, I just don't think they'll get it done.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Kadri with a cheap-shot on Wingels that looks eerily similar to the Lemieux/Draper incident.

If that doesn't warrant 10 games I don't know what does, honestly. One of the dirtiest, most vicious hits I've seen in a long time and he knew it too. Very, very close to that.

Separately, that was utterly shocking. Of course only 1 game into the series, but this is looking like potentially a tops 5 gamer, as opposed to what should be 6 at the very least. PK is gonna be a huge factor there since both teams are in the top 3 on the PP but Bostons #2 on the PK as opposed to a bit misleading #11, and it showed. Plus Tuukka's getting miraculous bounces, and he's a goalie you can always judge by his luck. This can and probably will change by the 20 minute mark on Saturday, but for now let me be happy.

And CBJ's going to OT? Geez...What can't Thomas Vanek do?

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Really really bad decision by Burakovsky to gift Lumbus the PP that leads to OT, which yields the Panarin OTGWG. 

Jeremy Roenick said it’s bad mistakes like this which is why the Caps haven’t gotten to the second round in 20 years. I’d love to disagree with him, but I can’t. 

EDIT: Btw this despressed pessimist schtick isn’t really a schtick at all. It’s who I’ve become.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm patient and it's early, but I really just want to write off the Capitals now.

Go ahead, even if you’re wrong now you’ll only be a round off

spacer.png

If this Caps team actually makes it past Round 2 woooooooooo boy are the photoshopped “2nd round champions” banners gonna come out of the woods

spacer.png

Archived