ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

Congrats Caps. Now give me a reason to keep following this stupid league.

7 minutes ago, insert name said:

It's going to be very Capitals for them when they finally make the Finals then lose to a first year expansion team. 

FYPFY. 

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

You know Bolts are going to score 3 straight with 2:00 left in the 3rd, right? 

I was 100% going for the reverse jinx with that post but when Burakovsky scored against because the Lightning can't make a :censored: ing line change, I knew I had run out of luck with those in this thread. 

THE CAPS DID IT IM SO FREAKING HAPPY

Looking forward to this one. Should be a very entertaining Cup Final.  

4 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I was 100% going for the reverse jinx with that post but when Burakovsky scored against because the Lightning can't make a :censored: ing line change, I knew I had run out of luck with those in this thread. 

So at what point does Yzerman sacrifice Cooper to appease the gods?

8 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Congrats Caps. Now give me a reason to keep following this stupid league.

Vegas might not get that Stanley Cup, after all. There's a shrivel of hope.

Congratulations Capitals fans!  You've earned this one to say the least.  Hopefully it won't be the last trophy they win this year.

As someone who likes the Knights, this is gonna be a comfy Finals.

Still going to maintain my prediction that whomever came out of The West (in this case Vegas) is winning The Cup. 

Pierre: (interviews a Capitals player) Lets talk about your teammate Alex Ovechkin.

:censored: Hate Pierre McGuire.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

As someone who likes the Knights, this is gonna be a comfy Finals.

That's what I thought in 2011.  Anything can happen.

10 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

So at what point does Yzerman sacrifice Cooper to appease the gods?

Can't possibly come a minute too soon at this point.

Under Jon Cooper, the Lightning have:

*18-16 home record in the playoffs, which is pathetic

*4-9 home record in the ECF ans SCF, which is worse

*1-5 record in potential close out games in the ECF, which is worser

*blown a 3-2 series lead in their last two ECF appearances, which is the worst part of all (@Still MIGHTY can relate to this; dick move on my part to link you, btw, my many apologies)

That's not entirely Cooper's fault, sure. It would be nice if the $8.5M captain could do something more than be a one-timer from the left face off dot on the power play, for instance. 3 assists and one empty net goal in 17 playoff games at even strength, and this is far from the first time he's been a playoff dud but it's also his biggest dud yet too. Turns out bringing in a bunch of Rangers players who never got over the hump there aren't the recipe for getting over the hump here, either. Go figure. Never would've imagined that could be the case, huh.

I was disappointed of course but at least slightly at peace in both 2015 and '16 because the Lightning lost to objectively better teams, and given the status of their roster in May 2016 it was impressive as it was to go seven against Pittsburgh ( :censored: the offside rule forever) although up 3-2 at home they should've been able to close it out.

But losing, once again up 3-2, to a Capitals team that was, by consensus, the underdog in this series? There's no excuses. Pathetic end to the season after missing the playoffs in the worst division in the NHL a year ago. I'm ready for change, because this team, with this coach and this core (beyond just Hedman, Stamkos, and Kucherov mind you) has gone as far as its gonna go. We're either the Sharks East or the Ducks East at this point, but this team isn't winning the Cup as currently constructed. 

As I think I might've posted somewhere above, but maybe not, the NHL's highest scoring offense just got shut out for the last 159 minutes and 27 seconds of this series. Laugh out :censored: ing loud, 'mate. That's absolutely pathetic, I don't care how good Holtby was in these last two games.

Its a shame these Caps are gonna lose to Vegas in 6. I get a Nashville and San Jose feeling about this team. Prove me wrong District. Prove me wrong.

Let’s not forget that the Caps were in double OT of a Game 3 they absolutely had to win or this never happens. 

This is amazing. So freaking happy for Ovechkin and the boys. I think that choker label has well and truly been vanquished. 

Im just gonna try and enjoy this moment. Don’t have to worry about Vegas till Monday. 

Also, so so glad that Ovi actually touched the freaking trophy. Superstitions are dumb. Enjoy the moment for God’s sake.