Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Ovechkin giving zero :censored: s

Dd_FvlpV0AEQLEB.jpg

That is one of the finer looking trophies in all of sports. Always loved it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

38 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

This is an unfathomably long wait between games.

And one that could have a profound impact on the series imo.  The fact that the Caps took their series to 7 and yet still get 5 days of rest is huge.  In fact, the long wait may even make Vegas rusty since they took care of Winnipeg so quickly.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

And one that could have a profound impact on the series imo.  The fact that the Caps took their series to 7 and yet still get 5 days of rest is huge.  In fact, the long wait may even make Vegas rusty since they took care of Winnipeg so quickly.

More time for them to catch the Vegas flu. :rolleyes:

On 5/24/2018 at 7:53 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

Hopefully, with both teams doing that, something that hasn't happened since 2002 (thanks, @McCarthy), this can be the start of a new trend of teams picking up the trophies once more. Only hockey could have a "tradition" that caught on like wildfire where the original player and team to do it, Eric Lindros and the '97 Flyers, got swept in the Final. Not sure how that made one ounce of sense.

Yeah, I never understood the "don't touch the conference trophy" trend. It should've started and ended with Lindros. THE TEAM GOT SWEPT! I always thought this was a dumb tradition. 

XM4KeeA.png

The first 5 captains to pull the no-touch move lost the finals! It should've ended forever after the 03 Ducks. What's weirder is Hatcher and Stevens both tried it after winning the cup in years when they embraced the trophy. They both lost those finals. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

42 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I like not lifting the conference trophies because I don't like that there are conferences.

You're itching for the Canucks to play the Panthers in the first round of the playoffs?

I was thinking more of the four floating divisions with the third round reseed that was planned before the Red Wings made poo-poo diapers over it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

24 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I was thinking more of the four floating divisions with the third round reseed that was planned before the Red Wings made poo-poo diapers over it.

I would love to see this as well. Now that the league is back to four divisions and they're emphasizing the divisional playoff matchups, let's take the next logical step. Get rid of West/East and reseed the third round so it's 1v4, and 2v3 based on regular season point total. 

jNTsTyQ.png

It seems like just the other day, when I headed up to a friend's cottage for a guys' weekend. Had some family stuff to take care of, so I got there a little late. The rest of the guys were already passed out (what a bunch of wusses), so I poured myself a good scotch, settled in front of the T.V., and checked to see if the Golden Knights home opener was on the tube... Luckily, it was.

Opening night was shortly after the Las Vegas shooting tragedy and I was interested in seeing how the team handled this event. (I'm sure you all remember how they completely botched the name reveal )...

I guess I was expecting a train wreck, but instead I was treated to a very classy and moving ceremony. They hit it out of the park. Deryk Engelland stepped up to the mic and delivered an incredible speech...Made me proud to be a puck-head....https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/deryk-engelland-this-is-for-las-vegas

2 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Can't wait to see what little show The Knights are going to put on for The Capitals before the game. 

Maybe their Golden Knight slaying all 26 capital letters of the alphabet with his sword?

spacer.png

Archived