Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/29/2018 at 12:43 PM, Still MIGHTY said:

No hearing for Tom Wilson blindsiding Jonathan Marchessault seven feet away from the puck.

Good league, great league.

I do love the hilarity of Ryan :censored:ing Reaves being one of the ones to call him out.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

Yeah, the Knights are real misfits alright, total underdogs; that's how they've won 60 games this season & playoffs with ease, right? ?

They went winless last season, give them a break

Such a dumb penalty by Oshie. Yeah the refs missed the call on Miller but you gotta have better awareness than that. Vegas has all the momentum now and will probably steal this one 4-3. 

spacer.png

I'm sorry, either these officials are that bad, or they are seriously doing everything they can to allow Vegas to win. I'm sorry, you can't call the Wilson crosscheck on McNabb if you didn't call the Reeves crosscheck on Carlson. Then to follow it up with the "hooking" call where Miller falls down 15 minutes later. Heck, even soccer players are laughing at the horrible acting. Miller should've gotten two for diving. I swear the NHL officials are getting worse every year and have no idea what they are doing.

Just now, insert name said:

Knights gonna kick themselves for not taking advantage of the 5-3. 

Caps need to stop taking dumb penalties though. Wilson is such an important player for them (physicality on the first line, offensive ability, penalty killer, gets under guys’ skin) but he loses his head far too often. That’s such a dumb penalty to take in the freaking Stanley Cup Final with your team only up by one. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, insert name said:

Do the Capitals let their fans watch the game on the jumbotron in their arena for free? 

I think Tony Kornheiser said that's the case on his podcast... but they still have full-priced concessions and team merch for sale.

VmWIn6B.png

5 minutes ago, oddball said:

I'm sorry, either these officials are that bad, or they are seriously doing everything they can to allow Vegas to win. I'm sorry, you can't call the Wilson crosscheck on McNabb if you didn't call the Reeves crosscheck on Carlson. Then to follow it up with the "hooking" call where Miller falls down 15 minutes later. Heck, even soccer players are laughing at the horrible acting. Miller should've gotten two for diving. I swear the NHL officials are getting worse every year and have no idea what they are doing.

I hesitate to “blame” refs for anything and I really hesitate to say that refs “rig” outcomes of games. But it definitely does seem like Vegas is getting a lot of calls. The Reaves one in particular last game still has me salty. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

They went winless last season, give them a break

Let's not upset the lifelong suffering Golden Knight fans.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived