ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

3 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Also, the Caps have finally won a Stanley Cup Final game! First one in franchise history. Big night. 

Can't win four without winning one first. 

After that opening goal from Vegas, I thought they'd get crushed and that was it.

But they came back and now the series is a coin flip. Washington takes it in 7.

I know he gave up 5 goals in game 1, but..... Holtby in Vegas is the opposite of Rinne last year at Consol Energy Center.

I can say something that I have not been able to say since I became a Caps fan in 2011. 

The Caps have made me proud in this postseason. 

They've shown fight, character, and mental strength that I have not seen. And now they’ve done something not previously done in franchise history. Win a SCF game. Now finish the job boys. 

This is an unreal feeling seeing the Caps win their first game in the SCF, I was so nervous the whole 3rd period I could feel myself shaking from the nerves

This series has been something incredible. Only two games in and I'm already calling this to be one of the most exciting Finals in recent memory.

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

(in Doc Emerick’s voice) WHAT A REMARKABLE STOP BY HOLTBY!!!

MY GOODNESS

The Holtby save has the potential to go down in history with the Bobby Orr "Flying Goal" and Brett Hull's Goal in the crease as some of the most memorable moments in Stanley Cup history.

If Washington wins the Cup, everyone's going to pinpoint this save as the series' "turning point".

Not to take anything away from that ludicrous save by Holtby, but I think Anderson's save was a lot more ridiculous.  

14 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

When Brooks Orpik is scoring your GWG, you’re doing something right. 

Caps look really good 5 on 5. If they can keep their wits about them, they’ve got a shot. They have done what no other team has done this postseason - make Fleury look human. They got a shot. 

This is what has impressed me the most when looking at this series. For a team who let  Tampa Bay come back in the series at home, Washington has really set the pace of play and make Vegas look like the team many of us thought they'd be at the onset of the season. Though I am pulling for Sharks East, I'm going to be secretly jealous if they break their drought before my team. What can I say, I'm a greedy jerk. 

46 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Not to take anything away from that ludicrous save by Holtby, but I think Anderson's save was a lot more ridiculous.  

All else equal, I agree...but Stanley Cup Finals and all...

I was thoroughly confused when he made that save...maybe I need to get HD.  But given the open net, I assumed it went in...then no reaction from the Vegas players and a slow down to play stoppage.  That may be the single greatest moment I've ever seen in a Cup Final.  

And it was so key.  If they score, we're likely going to OT, where anything can happen, but the momentum shift would have been monumental.  The Caps let Game 1 get away and the let down of having to play on, along with the shot in the arm to Vegas (and the building) would have been substantial.  Again, no guarantees in OT, but I have to think Vegas would have been more likely to win.

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

Holy cow. Yeah that’s an objectively better save. But Holtby’s saved (pun intended) that game for the Caps and gave them some incredible momentum heading into G3. When you can have confidence that your goalie is playing like that, that’ll be huge. 

30 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I have to confess- I don’t have a single thing to complain about with these Cup Finals

I do and it’s because all the games aren’t on the main NBC channel. Not everyone has NBCSN and are missing a classic. 

On 5/30/2018 at 7:34 PM, oddball said:

I'm sorry, either these officials are that bad, or they are seriously doing everything they can to allow Vegas to win. I'm sorry, you can't call the Wilson crosscheck on McNabb if you didn't call the Reeves crosscheck on Carlson. Then to follow it up with the "hooking" call where Miller falls down 15 minutes later. Heck, even soccer players are laughing at the horrible acting. Miller should've gotten two for diving. I swear the NHL officials are getting worse every year and have no idea what they are doing.

Wait, you didn't expect the officiating in the playoffs to be good, did you? Bad officiating in the Stanley Cup Playoffs has basically become a tradition.  

In the last ten years or so, I've come to realize that regardless of what the NHL says at the beginning of the season in regards to their emphasis on some penalty, or that they the same call that is made in Game 1 of the regular season will be called the same in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. I now just do what I assume every other fan does and just do this: 🙄🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

All else equal, I agree...but Stanley Cup Finals and all...

I was thoroughly confused when he made that save...maybe I need to get HD.  But given the open net, I assumed it went in...then no reaction from the Vegas players and a slow down to play stoppage.  That may be the single greatest moment I've ever seen in a Cup Final.  

And it was so key.  If they score, we're likely going to OT, where anything can happen, but the momentum shift would have been monumental.  The Caps let Game 1 get away and the let down of having to play on, along with the shot in the arm to Vegas (and the building) would have been substantial.  Again, no guarantees in OT, but I have to think Vegas would have been more likely to win.

I did too. I saw the open net, open Golden Knight and was like oh boy, but when the Vegas players didn't start celebrating, I figured Holtby saved it some how and he did.  I wasn't sure at first with Tuch, because I thought he was just relieved that he had tied the game.

22 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I have to confess- I don’t have a single thing to complain about with these Cup Finals

Welp, time to pack it in guys. This whole “Sports Logos Forum” thing was a pretty great ride, but it’s time has obviously come to an end. See you on the other side of the inevitable collapse. Maybe we can get a 4chan thread started to sustain the cause.