ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

49 minutes ago, the admiral said:

No still has ever enticed me to press play less than that one.

I watched it. It was pretty much what you’d expect.

“Rah-rah go get em goooo Vegas!” 

This is better imo (this was made after Game 5 of the ECF though so no SCF clips unfortunately). 

I’m going to be busy most of tonight and won’t get to watch the game until probably around 10:00. It’s definitely a bummer, games are obviously better live and now I’ll have to avoid my phone until I get caught up. Plus I like live-posting my reactions :P

Come on Vegas! Spoil this moment... make @Crabcake47 wait for his moment!!

A little premature there...

This is the first year since 2001 that I haven't watched a minute of the Stanley Cup Final. Even bummers like Carolina-Edmonton and Anaheim-Ottawa, I caught a couple minutes, but I'm holding steady at zero on this one. I don't think I'll even watch the Cup presentation.

11 minutes ago, the admiral said:

This is the first year since 2001 that I haven't watched a minute of the Stanley Cup Final. Even bummers like Carolina-Edmonton and Anaheim-Ottawa, I caught a couple minutes, but I'm holding steady at zero on this one. I don't think I'll even watch the Cup presentation.

Why?... because you hate the city of Las Vegas? Too bad. You're missing some good hockey.

1 hour ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Why?... because you hate the city of Las Vegas? Too bad. You're missing some good hockey.

Indeed he is. This Cup final has had some really good hockey. I assume it’s better than the last two because the Penguins suck all fun and energy out of everything ever, but I can’t really speak from experience as I couldn’t bear to watch them win. 

I enjoyed the '16 Final. Didn't watch much of '17 but made sure to catch the BFIHs lose their crap at the end of the last game.

3 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I’m going to be busy most of tonight and won’t get to watch the game until probably around 10:00. It’s definitely a bummer, games are obviously better live and now I’ll have to avoid my phone until I get caught up. Plus I like live-posting my reactions :P

do this enough times and it eventually becomes a really easy habit. Several Lightning games this postseason I watched on a tape delayed basis. Besides, if you can cut through the commercials and intermissions you can watch the game in much less time. 

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

do this enough times and it eventually becomes a really easy habit. Several Lightning games this postseason I watched on a tape delayed basis. Besides, if you can cut through the commercials and intermissions you can watch the game in much less time. 

Oh yeah. I’ve had to do it a few times this postseason and I love skipping through stoppages and intermissions. 

But the live-posting rants will be sorely missed (by me, I’m sure you lot are celebrating ?). 

36 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

DO THE HOCKEY THING TONIGHT CAPS

“As they say in hockey, let’s do that hockey.”

My official prediction: the GWG tonight is scored by a bottom six forward. 

Technically....isn't the entire Vegas team made up of "bottom six forwards" ? ?

(Edit...except for the defence and goalies of course)

The playoffs have been fun this year. I would like the series to go on a bit longer (mostly to see the NHL outlast the NBA Finals) but if it does end tonight, I expect a damn good one. 

The Raiders need to stay in Oakland if they're not willing to do wacky intros like these. 

Apparently the Knight's Vow wasn't too successful when you had fully audible dueling anthem chants happening.

2 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Oh yeah. I’ve had to do it a few times this postseason and I love skipping through stoppages and intermissions. 

But the live-posting rants will be sorely missed (by me, I’m sure you lot are celebrating ?). 

'mate, your team beat mine while going scoreless for the last 159 minutes of the series. I'm still salty AF about that, to be honest.

When Bettman talks his head moves like he’s a wooden dummy in a bad comedy routine. It doesn’t stop moving

6 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

I mean admiral’s reservations about Vegas aren’t incorrect. It’s a legitimate take. 

I’m watching because I want to see them go down. And after Nashville’s embarrassing display after losing at home last season? I’m curious to see what happens if the Caps end up winning it in Vegas.