The 2018 NHL Silly Season: Dilly Dilly

buzzcut

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emery went 45/47 and perfect in the shootout in what felt like a real turning-point win in The Year The Blackhawks Saved Hockey. Crawford went wire-to-wire in the playoffs that year, but the Hawks probably don't get that run out of Crawford without Emery picking up two-fifths of the compressed schedule and throwing up a .922 with it. Hell of a goalie, sad to see him die so young, glad he got his name on the Cup.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

All spot on.

Also Orpik is back in D.C. on a 1 year, $1 million contract.  Guess we'll have to wait till next year to see T.J. Oshie get promoted to full-time alternate captain.

spacer.png

They just made Crosby look like Jagr.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Habs have been seeking for that elusive top-tier center for quite a while. This week, I found out this issue has been a thing even before my time (I was born in 85). This is from October 1971...

QlxdDjl.jpg

2 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Hahahahahaha what the :censored: are the Hurricanes.

There's no way Dundon isn't stripping this thing for Quebec or other.

291360.jpg

Hehehehehehehehe. "Pu."

Skinner waived his no-move clause to get off this sinking ship. And decided that The Buffalo Sabres were a better option than staying in Raleigh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Skinner waived his no-move clause to get off this sinking ship. And decided that The Buffalo Sabres were a better option than staying in Raleigh.

If you were a winger going into a contract year, would you rather have Jordan Staal as your center or Jack Eichel?

Should have been you, Bobby.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

14th all-time in points scored with 1467 (though Thornton should pass him this year), was well over point-per-game for his career, and won back-to-back Harts, Rosses, and Lady Byngs in '67 and '68. Also a four-time scoring leader and rookie of the year in a career that technically went from the '50s to the '80s.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Sheer madness. I have no idea what that organization is doing. What a black mark on the league to have the flagship franchise be this wrecked.

I think the contract drama towards the end of his stay here was completely unnecessary. The media wanted clickbait, even if it was at his expense. Max deserved better. I'm hoping my team will one day evolve in the right direction.

Archived