buzzcut

The 2018 NHL Silly Season: Dilly Dilly

Recommended Posts

On 4/21/2018 at 10:39 AM, Zeus89725 said:

Can't find it now. There was a clip from 30 Rock where they talk about how "the Islanders lost again." That sums up our whole season this year.

 

Liz : You could've burned the place down.

Dennis : I wish I had burned the place down. There's no reason to live anymore.

Liz : What happened?

Dennis : The Islanders lost tonight.

Liz : Doesn't that happen a lot?

Dennis : I knew you wouldn't understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MiK said:

 

Liz : You could've burned the place down.

Dennis : I wish I had burned the place down. There's no reason to live anymore.

Liz : What happened?

Dennis : The Islanders lost tonight.

Liz : Doesn't that happen a lot?

Dennis : I knew you wouldn't understand.

 

That's it. Think it got taken down for copyright or something.

 

On 4/9/2018 at 3:01 AM, tp49 said:

So the Rangers canned Vigneault right after their final game.

 

The Islanders should have canned Snow and Weight immediately after Saturday's game but will probably keep them on in perpetuity while John Tavares most likely heads to greener pastures as a UFA.  But they have Josh Bailey for the next six-years.  FML as an Islander fan.

 

Gotta love being an Isles fan. And with regards to the Tavares situation...

vgyphyu1wel01.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 years (and one day) ago...

 

 

If it wasn't on tape, I'm not sure I would believe Brad May did that to Ray freakin' Bourque.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cosmic said:

25 years (and one day) ago...

 

 

If it wasn't on tape, I'm not sure I would believe Brad May did that to Ray freakin' Bourque.

 

And then 14 years later.

 

brad-may-anaheim-ducks.jpg

 

He did play 18 seasons, but the Mayday goal and the Ducks Stanley Cup still seem like ages apart in terms of a single players career. Like I wouldn't think anybody who deked out Ray Bourque to score a goal in 1993 would win a Stanley Cup as a player in 2007.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

 

And then 14 years later.

 

brad-may-anaheim-ducks.jpg

 

He did play 18 seasons, but the Mayday goal and the Ducks Stanley Cup still seem like ages apart in terms of a single players career. Like I wouldn't think anybody who deked out Ray Bourque to score a goal in 1993 would win a Stanley Cup as a player in 2007.

Dominik Hasek was the starter for Buffalo there, and he won the Stanley Cup as a backup the year after May won. He was still starting that year, but was replaced by Chris Osgood in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Burke gone from the Flames. What I'll remember most from his tenure in Calgary is

 

jk he didn't do anything in Calgary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurricanes move from 11th to 1st-3rd in the draft lottery, timely little bit of assistance for a team that's been celebrating its new ownership by pissing all over itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, this is where the Isles fans come to beg for the sweet release of death. Hey, guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very happy with Habs winning 3rd overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buffalo finally catches a break. Should've had McDavid, now they'll get Dahlin who they probably need more than anyone else. Their blue line is troublesome and without much help coming in the pipeline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lou Lamoriello departs the Maple Leafs, so they're down to a mere eight GMs now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WAIT, SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENED TO THE SABRES?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 12:19 AM, the admiral said:

Lou Lamoriello departs the Maple Leafs, so they're down to a mere eight GMs now.

Well sorta, Lou's staying in the organization in a new title right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Islanders... might have done a good thing that actually went through for a change?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

The Islanders... might have done a good thing that actually went through for a change?

 

Now we just have to hope he sticks around longer than 40 days like the last time we had a real NHL general manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't mean anything if he can't sign Tavares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tp49 said:

Now we just have to hope he sticks around longer than 40 days like the last time we had a real NHL general manager.

HERE COMES BIG FREE AGENT SIGNING JON SIM, BABY, or whatever Sim-to-Smyth/Tavares comparison we can come up with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap, the Islanders made a good move. I'm stunned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

HERE COMES BIG FREE AGENT SIGNING JON SIM, BABY, or whatever Sim-to-Smyth/Tavares comparison we can come up with

Ryan Reeves come on down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now