The 2018 NHL Silly Season: Dilly Dilly

buzzcut

What an absolute JOKE of a trade. Galchenyuk is going to thrive in Arizona. I wish him well. 

Bergevin is an ass-clown. Keeps guys he should trade, trades guys he should keep. Lars Eller and DSP were both HUGE for the Caps these playoffs. Andrighetto was one of Colorado's best players. The list goes on. 

sig.png

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be funny if after years of talking about building through the draft, the Coyotes get good by cobbling together trades with idiots like the Islanders did. Domi, Duclair, and Connor Murphy are already gone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Get into it, who cares.

It's because Bergevin is the only francophone available. They'll continue going with Bergevin, if the other candidates don't speak French. If it wasn't for that, Bergevin would have been fired a long time ago.

I can't imagine his stay in that position is for any other reason. 

I would accept anyone who can do a good job, even if he doesn't speak a word of french. I've heard this more often than I thought I would on my social media, this year. People know what's going on. I've heard them say they're willing to accept change, as more and more fans have are getting more fed up of Bergevin by the day.

As far as I'm concerned, I still support the team and I want to support the organization. But these moves are sucking away all the anticipation I have for next season, and we're not even in July yet.

Whenever I attempt to see positivity, I think about Netflix for positivity.

Prediction: Joel Quenneville will become the Habs' new hockey czar if the Hawks crap the bed again this year. You'd better just hope his head coach isn't a man in a beret named Michel Cuisine.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

It's because Bergevin is the only francophone available. They'll continue going with Bergevin, if the other candidates don't speak French. If it wasn't for that, Bergevin would have been fired a long time ago.

I can't imagine his stay in that position is for any other reason. 

I would accept anyone who can do a good job, even if he doesn't speak a word of french. I've heard this more often than I thought I would on my social media, this year. People know what's going on. I've heard them say they're willing to accept change, as more and more fans have are getting more fed up of Bergevin by the day.

As far as I'm concerned, I still support the team and I want to support the organization. But these moves are sucking away all the anticipation I have for next season, and we're not even in July yet.

Whenever I attempt to see positivity, I think about Netflix for positivity.

And people wonder why a Canadian team hasn’t won the Cup in 25 years. 

spacer.png

It's not a bad policy. Executives of the Montreal Canadiens should be able to speak French because they work in a French-speaking city. It shouldn't be this hard to find someone with half a brain who can speak French.

For an executive making seven figures, it seems like throwing in a full-time translator for $50-$100K per year wouldn't be a big deal. The fans would still get their contact with the GM (that is worthless 99% of the time, anyway).

But you know that's not really my point. How has Quebec become so bereft of hockey talent and why is this acceptable? The Q is getting outdrafted by Junior A or Junior A-equivalent (USHL) leagues. If no one east of Belleville can play the goddamn game anymore, I guess it's no surprise no one can manage it, either. 

Can't they just throw in a few volumes of Rosetta Stone in the GM contract?

Or, if they get cheap they can find old copies of Muzzy somewhere.

VmWIn6B.png

I mean, you could have a francophone assistant GM or president of hockey-ops who addresses the media and acts as the public face of le bureau central while the actual GM is some nerdlinger with an MBA who works in the shadows, but again, it should not have to come to this! The Canadiens should be able to do it their own way, with French names up and down the organization, and still thrive. Any fan of the team and the game should want the Canadiens to be a French-Canadian cultural institution along with being a competitive organization (special dispensation for B's fans). Maybe they really can't anymore; sadly, it seems that's the case.

They did win their division last year, though probably more to do with the fact that it was the weakest of the four(Tampa seemingly took the year off, and Boston took some time to get going)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

46 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Why?!

Apparently there was a clause in his contract where if he won the Cup, his contract got a two year extension automatically. All they had to do was negotiate the details and apparently they couldn’t do that. 

I’m sad to see him go. He has to go down now as the best coach in Caps history, what with 2 President’s Trophies (in a row), 3 division titles (in a row), and a Cup. However, the Caps have been grooming his assistant, Todd Reirden, now for a while to take over for him. 

Thank you Barry for all you did for this fanbase. It will not soon be forgotten. Short of being hired by the Penguins, Rangers, or Flyers, I think Trotz will always have a great reception in D.C. for what he did for this team. I wish him well in all his future endeavors. 

Bold prediction: Trotz “retires” only to un-retire in 2020 when Seattle starts playing to coach them. Without a guarantee from Tavares that he’s staying, why would a coach of his quality go to the Islanders?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, RockyTopper said:

Barry Interesting: Weeks after Capping Coaching Tenure with Championship, Washington Head Coach Trotz Out of Town

spacer.png

Archived