The 2018 NHL Silly Season: Dilly Dilly

buzzcut

Gary Bettman to the Hall of Fame?  Silly season, indeed.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23915781/gary-bettman-martin-brodeur-willie-oree-hall-inductees

I was surprised that Willie O'Ree was not already in...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said it once and I'll say it again, anyone who denigrates the NHL for The Scott Foster Experience is a contemptible sniveling nerd who just wants NBA fans to accept him. Having a rec-leaguer on standby who goes from sitting around eating hors d'oeuvres to stopping a Patrik Laine shot is the good -- maybe even the best -- kind of hockey weirdness.

Oh incidentally, the Hawks traded J-F Berube, a goaltender who was worse than literally some dude who's an accountant, to Columbus for Jordan Schroeder. Surely a Rockford/Cleveland trade in reality but Schroeder was an intriguing Marchessaultesque bottom-sixer at one time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

JESUS CHRIST 2.5 FOR WARD. Apparently being one of the worst goalies in the NHL for years and years only gets you a 20% pay cut. Who are this man's friends?!? Maybe everyone was right when they said Stan Bowman was Actually Bad and one of the worst general managers in the league. What a terrible mess, this team won't win 30 games.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Said it once and I'll say it again, anyone who denigrates the NHL for The Scott Foster Experience is a contemptible sniveling nerd who just wants NBA fans to accept him. Having a rec-leaguer on standby who goes from sitting around eating hors d'oeuvres to stopping a Patrik Laine shot is the good -- maybe even the best -- kind of hockey weirdness.

Oh I don't deny that that was awesome.  That is a special kind of moment that is incredibly unique to the NHL.

I just think the "Scott Foster for Vezina" jokes and those of a similar ilk are getting old.

spacer.png

Caps make two important moves, as they resign Michal Kempny to a 4 year, $10 million deal, and announce Todd Reirden as their new head coach. 

spacer.png

Jets toss Joel Armia to the Habs along with Sieve Mason in exchange for some guy; Habs buy out Mason. Obviously the point here was to free up cap space for Stastny and/or Trouba. The Jets have bottom-sixers to spare.

But then it would be so Islanders to get the new arena, the Hall of Fame general manager, the reigning champion head coach, Katie Ledecky's rich uncle getting control of the team, and then Tavares goes to San Jose or Dallas because he doesn't want to be bothered.

Being an Islander fan is like being repeatedly kicked in the nuts, recovering from that kick, then being kicked in the nuts again but harder than before.  Two steps forward, fifty steps back, that's the Islander way.

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

But then it would be so Islanders to get the new arena, the Hall of Fame general manager, the reigning champion head coach, Katie Ledecky's rich uncle getting control of the team, and then Tavares goes to San Jose or Dallas because he doesn't want to be bothered.

We've since learned that Scott Malkin is the one with the control of the team.  Ledecky was just a cheerleader to take abuse from fans riding in on the LIRR.

Anton Khudobin to the Dallas Stars

James van Riemsdyk to the Philadelphia Flyers

Derek Ryan to the Calgary Flames

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The hockey internet is gonna drown in a vat of its own jizz if something wonderful happens to the Sharks, Stars, or Lightning while something terrible happens to the Islanders. I'll just go outside and run all day till I pass out, I don't need this.

Archived