MLB Concept Rebranding: Nike Edition

zussmandesigns

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OAKLAND: I like the kelly green look that the A's used to use, that is the new color. Otherwise, no changes to the branding aspect of the A's.

QKrd07w.jpg

Home Uniform: I feel like the A's name is way more popular than the Athletics, so the secondary logo is on the front of the jersey. 

DqRE7T8.jpg

Road Uniform: Same as the home uniform.

OAa2pPx.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: It's pretty much the same as the yellow uniform that they wear now.

tMVHzP4.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: No real change to the road alt, just the new kelly green color.

hOXGRK2.jpg

Throwback: I used the throwback from the 1980 season.

BWrUsC1.jpg

Marlin.png

Seattle: I went back to the fork logo that they had back in the 70's and 80's, but kept the same colors. 

InlNHcw.jpg

Home Uniform: Nothing special about the home uniform, but I did keep the same number font as what they have now.

EiTvO64.jpg

Road Uniform: Exactly the same as the home uniform.

L9r599U.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: I think this looks really good for Seattle with the new wordmark, and made a green hat.

UF6V8ye.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: I made the road alt navy, and is pretty much the same as the others.

ar6gLBc.jpg

Throwback: I took the powder uni from the 1980 season.

YkY0iO1.jpg

Marlin.png

I'm guessing no comments means move on, so here is the next team!

TAMPA BAY: I decided to do a total rebrand for Tampa, as I changes the name to the Stingrays. I feel like this is more fierce than just the Rays. The colors stay the same as what they have now.

9EkWbVg.jpg

Home Uniform: I made the secondary logo faded at the bottom right of the jersey, and I have the light blue hat for the home uniform. The primary logo is on the sleeve of the jersey.

rR2OBMV.jpg

Road Uniform: It is the same as the home uniform.

r3Mrk1e.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: I think this is the best uniform of the set. I added yellow to the slevees to make it more bright.

ONlHrm0.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: Nothing really special for the road alt uniform, but the uniform has a navy hat.

OGxlkOV.jpg

Throwback: I toke the black jersey from the 2000 season.

fwlrcsT.jpg

C&C always appriciated!

Marlin.png

On 5/26/2018 at 12:45 AM, marlins2017 said:

Any comments on Seattle?

Also I changed every uniform to Nike because of the upcoming change in 2020. This series will become Nike from now on. 

Glad you kept Seattle’s colors.  For my money, they have the best uniforms in sports.  I think you’ve done a good job with them (amazing job overall, these have been so fun to look through), but I personally really like the nautical compass.  I think it makes them unique and it has a very sharp look.  Increasing its size and impact on the logo is the only thing I’d change. 

It is your logo, you did the hard work and have a real talent.  Just my own .02

I love that font for tampa but I’d like to see it say tampa bay on atleast one uniform, also the Ray is at an awkward angle to say the least, maybe recommend following in the footsteps of the current ray logo, or the throwback. It’s a good update still!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Thank you all for the comments! 

TEXAS: A little change to the Rangers, as I changed the middle of the primary logo. I also brought back the Rangers wordmark from way back when. The "T" logo does not have a shadow anymore.

czkJGzY.jpg

Home Uniform: I used the Rangers wordmark logo, and put both primary and secondary logos on the sleeves.

s5I5ulF.jpg

Road Uniform: Pretty much the same as they have now.

CsjELFn.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: A red jersey with the old Rangers wordmark looks great IMO. I also added a red hat to this uniform. 

0ve4qCM.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: Nothing really different than the home alt uniform. Q6HtB3n.jpg

Throwback: I brought the powder blue uniform from the 1980 season.

NlFfKFZ.jpg

Marlin.png

TORONTO: I brought back the old logo, and brought in some red too. I really like this bird logo.

NsjwyHT.jpg

Home Uniform: I made the Jays have more blue this time around, as back then they were more black. The maple leaf is on the shoulder.oc3ST3W.jpg

Road Uniform: Same as the home uniform, but used the Toronto 

D0pTcus.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: I made the home alt uniform red in honor of Canada.

mmQ3WAv.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: The blue uniform is pretty basic, nothing special about it.

kzxDSWN.jpg

Throwback: I took the uniform from the 1985 season.

voRndWK.jpg

Marlin.png

18 hours ago, gswansea said:

I'm fairly sure the baseball from the primary on Seattle is lifted from @raysox Mariners concept, so you should probably give credit (even if you were given permission, just to clear up confusion).

Sorry, I totally did not realize that it looked very simular to his concept. I will change it, thanks for pointing that out.

Marlin.png

Archived