Packers 100 Seasons - Coming 2018

Sec19Row53

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Packers-reveal-100-Seasons-celebration/793ffa34-af44-4d43-9e56-ac53a74a8412

The logo is at the end of this 25 second clip. I like the use of Varsity Block to tie in to the jersey numbers.  We'll see more details as time progresses.

And the logo is...

636587393666825659-GBP-100-Primary-RGB.j

It's where I sit.

I hate how everything is straight and then BLUREPR there's an askew stripe and text farted across the center.  It's too low on the shield for it to make sense. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

48 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I like the use of Varsity Block to tie in to the jersey numbers.  We'll see more details as time progresses.

That's a really squat Varsity Block, though.  Not a great match for the numbers.

DaWt3iCX4AAjhGY.jpg

Not a bad patch, though.  They're wearing this all next season:

DaWohg8X0AE-lX-.jpg

And, of course, there will be merchandise.

DaWnN4oWsAApsTC.jpg:large

Green Bay Packers Celebrate 100 Seasons With Commemorative Logo Patch

April 9, 2018 - 16:21 PM

The Green Bay Packers are ready to kick off their centennial 100th season this summer, they’ve gotten things underway today with the unveiling of a special 100th season logo. The logo shows the Packers famous white G in a green […]

Read More...

5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

@Sec19Row53 you may want to change the title - this is for 2018, not 2019. 

2018 will be the 100th season, 2019 will be the 100th Anniversary. 

They seem to be doing a hodge podge. They are starting this early (the 100th season) as a celebration of their 100th Anniversary.

It's kind of for both seasons, if I read things properly (all bets off there).

It's where I sit.

11 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

They seem to be doing a hodge podge. They are starting this early (the 100th season) as a celebration of their 100th Anniversary.

It's kind of for both seasons, if I read things properly (all bets off there).

According to the Press-Gazette, this is just for 2018.  It ends on the anniversary.

GREEN BAY –  The Green Bay Packers will celebrate a century of football over 16 months, culminating with the team's 100th birthday on Aug. 11, 2019.

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/fans/2018/04/09/packers-celebrate-100-seasons-festivals-concerts-documentary-and-more/479990002/

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I was just wondering if the Cardinals would be doing a 100 seasons in the NFL patch next year too. Bears and Lions (90th) may be rolling out something too?

The Lions don't really ever celebrate any of their time in Portsmouth, just the beginning of their time in Detroit in 1934. But who knows maybe they will in the future.

4 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

The Lions don't really ever celebrate any of their time in Portsmouth, just the beginning of their time in Detroit in 1934. But who knows maybe they will in the future.

So 85th next year? I'd love to see them do a throwback to the original team at least once.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Bot was a half-hour too late - maybe this one should be closed, or merged into the earlier thread?

We'll just merge them. No muss, no fuss. 

14 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

Yeah, they seem to recognize 1934 as their founding.  I would be surprised to see them change that now.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Packers-reveal-100-Seasons-celebration/793ffa34-af44-4d43-9e56-ac53a74a8412

The logo is at the end of this 25 second clip. I like the use of Varsity Block to tie in to the jersey numbers.  We'll see more details as time progresses.

And the logo is...

rather underwhelming... 

They could have tried at least 

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

So 85th next year? I'd love to see them do a throwback to the original team at least once.

Yeah that would be cool to do a Portsmouth throwback once, but I absolutely love the throwbacks they brought back last season. One of my all time favorite uniforms.

Archived