Color Rush Thursday is dead

DeFrank

Our long national nightmare is over.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2769835-thursday-night-football-color-rush-alternate-uniforms-reportedly-going-away

Say goodbye to Color Rush uniforms on Thursday nights this coming fall.

Bill Wanger of Fox Sports said Tuesday the NFL plans to scrap the alternate uniforms it used during Thursday Night Football telecasts beginning with the 2018 season, per Jason Barrett of Barrett Sports Media.

However, Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reported the Color Rush uniforms won't be going away completely. They just "might not be exclusive to Thursday nights anymore," sources told him. 

This shouldn't come as a huge surprise to anyone. In December, the NFL said it was allowing teams to have "more flexibility" with their Thursday night uniforms, per Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, which effectively ended the Color Rush push.

The polarizing Color Rush uniforms began rolling out in 2015. Some fans delighted in the alternate offerings, while others were put off by the bright colors. In one notable mishap, a Color Rush game between the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills proved to be a mess for those with red-green colorblindness.

That should no longer be an issue now that Fox is taking over Thursday games. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I'm open for anything that gives us uniform fodder at a small price. One game a week was a fine sacrifice. As a uniform enthusiasts, I'm sad to see this go. 

As somebody who cares about aesthetics, and cares about the sport, I’m thrilled to see this go. 

While overall, the look wasn't great, some teams really had knockouts. The Panthers especially (Well, now that I think about it, it was really just the Panthers). I just hope this leads to a more creative ploy to get us to buy more jerseys. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

11 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Now they just need to remove football from Thursdays completely.

NFL yes.... But I've grown accustomed to Thursday Night MACtion on ESPN2 :P

Hotter Than July > Thriller

From the way the article reads, it seems like Color Rush Thursday is going away, but Color Rush will be invading Sundays. Maybe we'll get Color Rush v. regular white and not forcing teams to participate, but that might be asking too much.

53 minutes ago, pressstart66 said:

To be completely honest, some good designs have come from the color rush. I just hated how the entire uniform HAD to be the same color, i.e. Atlanta had a good red jersey, but the red pants RUINED the look.

Atlanta's color rush jerseys were absolute trash.. The pants were the least offensive part

Archived