Color Rush Thursday is dead

DeFrank

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good riddance to Color Rush. Now give me those green Seahawks jerseys paired with their white pants.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

45 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Why does everybody think the uniforms are going away?  

All we know is that they won’t be mandated on Thursday nights anymore.  That’s not the same thing at all. 

Exactly. Teams can probably wear color rush twice a season, assuming it is like an alternate.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Especially since a team literally just unveiled one last week.

obv it was designed before the fox deal was even on the works, but their not just going to put it on the shelf. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm interested to see what the other "tweaks to the uniform policy" will be. I'm really hoping they'll finally eliminate the 1-helmet rule.

Somehow I think they need to create more structure. Maybe give teams the options of 4 different uniforms and 2 helmets. Normal home, away, alternate and a throwback. The team can only use the alternate helmet with the throwback or alternate (formerly color rush) and those two alternates can only be worn twice during the regular season. Also keep the 5-year rule for only the home and away.

14 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I'm interested to see what the other "tweaks to the uniform policy" will be. I'm really hoping they'll finally eliminate the 1-helmet rule.

I think the one-helmet rule is still firmly in place for 2018.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

All we know is that they won’t be mandated on Thursday nights anymore.  That’s not the same thing at all. 

I'm fine if teams want to keep them, especially since some teams have been smart in their use of them (Giants, Cowboys) or not use of them (Washington). I just don't like the forced color rush Thursday uniform matchups. Personally, that is what I'm celebrating going away. 

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Somehow I think they need to create more structure. Maybe give teams the options of 4 different uniforms and 2 helmets. Normal home, away, alternate and a throwback. The team can only use the alternate helmet with the throwback or alternate (formerly color rush) and those two alternates can only be worn twice during the regular season. Also keep the 5-year rule for only the home and away.

More structure? How about a home uniform and a road uniform? There's your 'more structure'. Having home away alt and throwback with 2 helmets is less structure, not more.  Heavens, what is your idea of 'less structure', NCAA Football?

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Claystation360 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a throwback thursday uniform added for all teams especially since we are on the cusp of the 100th NFL season. 

Teams better be wearing throwbacks multiple times in 2019 to go along with the 100th anniversary. Just like the 75th anniversary. I would like each team to have a home and away throwback like they did for the AFL 50th anniversary. It would be cool if they wore each at least twice.

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Especially since a team literally just unveiled one last week.

obv it was designed before the fox deal was even on the works, but their not just going to put it on the shelf. 

Yep. Which means we won't be able to avoid this...

When he saw them, I bet Delanie was like, "Seriously? You gave me this one?"

3588a5v.png

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

More structure? How about a home uniform and a road uniform? There's your 'more structure'. Having home away alt and throwback with 2 helmets is less structure, not more.  Heavens, what is your idea of 'less structure', NCAA Football?

If a team plays at least 20 games a year, do we really want them wearing the same thing every week? Is it that bad to give us throwbacks or color rush for two games? Do you think Nike and the NFL would rather sell 2 jerseys for each team or 4? I think it's the best way to appease everyone. 

1 minute ago, VDizzle12 said:

If a team plays at least 20 games a year, do we really want them wearing the same thing every week? Is it that bad to give us throwbacks or color rush for two games? Do you think Nike and the NFL would rather sell 2 jerseys for each team or 4? I think it's the best way to appease everyone. 

If it is their best look, yes, I do.

I've got no interest in buying any of the Packer throwback jerseys. I already don't own any road jerseys, because I don't wear a jersey when I go to road games.  Just me

It's where I sit.

20 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

If it is their best look, yes, I do.

I've got no interest in buying any of the Packer throwback jerseys. I already don't own any road jerseys, because I don't wear a jersey when I go to road games.  Just me

Patriots, Chargers, Broncos, Rams, Giants, and Ravens all have alternates that look better than their primary home/away jerseys. 

I can definitely see it from a Packers perspective it wouldn't make much of a difference. I don't any Browns jerseys but that's because they look like trash. If they did have a throwback in 2018 or 2019, that's most likely the one I would buy. Even the never-used color rush is better than the three jerseys they currently have. 

Archived