2018 NBA "Off"Season-Because It's Always On

buzzcut

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Young plus a future first isn't the worst. Atlanta needs someone to sell tickets, and Young will do that in 2018 more so than Luca would.

But Dallas feels like a better place for Luca to learn how to play professional basketball, compared to whatever is happening in Atlanta.

If LAC ends up with Porter that would be pretty good for them. That's good value at 12 or 13.

We'll see what Jordan does here.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

30 minutes ago, Kaz said:

lol @ the Hawks; WTF are they doing trading Doncic for Trae Young?  Better hope for an Ainge-esque return on that "other assets" part

Gotta get rid of the Budzenholder era guys first and get back another 1st rounder from a DAL team who won't be good next year too.  Zion Williamson, who is from will be available next year. Schroëder's gotta be gone.

21 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Young plus a future first isn't the worst. Atlanta needs someone to sell tickets, and Young will do that in 2018 more so than Luca would.

But Dallas feels like a better place for Luca to learn how to play professional basketball, compared to whatever is happening in Atlanta.

If LAC ends up with Porter that would be pretty good for them. That's good value at 12 or 13.

We'll see what Jordan does here.

Carlisle doesn't like rookies to get minutes, so the sooner Rick retires and a new HC comes in, the better for him. If they weren't in tank mode last year, no way Dennis Smith, Jr. plays 30/night.

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

Shams has been nailing it so far:

EDIT: Of course right after I say that, Woj starts getting the leads before Shams

I don't really understand this genre of sports reporting; what is the value to having two reporters compete to tweet out information that will be announced publicly two minutes later, anyway?

EDIT!  I just saw this explanation. Exceptional work on the middle finger to one's employer. 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2018/06/21/espn-adrian-wojnarowski-became-master-synonyms-with-his-draft-night-woj-bombs/qVxr0JdqmpaMMWcZpxf3AI/story.html

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I gotta admit, I hated Grayson Allen in college. But you know what? I actually really like this pick a lot. He’s gotta stop tripping people of course, but he’s a great shooter, athletic, and really fits that hustle-and-grind Jazz mentality. I think this is a pick that will pay off.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Why do the Kings even exist any more? They’re so absolutely worthless. I live in Sacramento and work with the public and I know maybe 5 actual Kings fans. And the most surprising thing about them passing on Doncic is that it’s not surprising at all. 

You can have them, Seattle. No idea why you would want them. The NBA and the city of Sacramento would be better off if they just contracted them. 

Because they get very good fan support in spite of the on-court product. What a dumb post.

Atlanta gets an F for tonight. Doncic was right there for the taking, and they trade him for Trae Young (lol) and a protected future first (LOL). Really, that's what you tanked your entire season for?

Phoenix traded away Miami's unprotected 2021 first in a pick swap with the Sixers. Bad, bad move. Miami is a team on the way down. Actually I wouldn't be shocked if the bottom fell out this season. That could easily be a top 5 pick they just gave away.

Not impressed with the Kings taking Bagley. No defensive ability. He's gonna be one of those guys who puts up empty numbers on a bad team for the first 10 years of his career. Doncic would have a much better chance of turning that team around.

6 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Why do the Kings even exist any more? They’re so absolutely worthless. I live in Sacramento and work with the public and I know maybe 5 actual Kings fans. And the most surprising thing about them passing on Doncic is that it’s not surprising at all. 

You can have them, Seattle. No idea why you would want them. The NBA and the city of Sacramento would be better off if they just contracted them. 

The Kings don't even have a first round pick next year. It's with the Sixers(or maybe Celtics now)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Wizards really needed a big man in this draft. If they didn’t pick one up, selecting a backup guard to provide some much needed bench scoring would’ve been good too. So of course a team in desperate win-now mode selects a long term project at the position where they have the most depth (SF). 

Would've definitely preferred DiVincenzo or Huerter or Robert Williams at 15. Think Troy Brown Jr. was a reach. 

spacer.png

Good God, I could not have been pissed off enough at the Hawks last night. I don't care if we get Dallas' first round pick in 2019, we basically had a rapper make us get Trae Young. Travis Schlenk is seriously making an off-brand Warriors and it's gonna be an absolute joke.

That picture of Doncic in a Hawks hat is going to haunt me for a long time. All in all though, this shouldn't surprise me too much. This is the same franchise that traded Pau Gasol at the draft and took Marvin Williams. Life is tough as a Hawks fan. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

So according to ESPN the Lakers have turned down Gelo Ball and they said that their decision had “more to do with than just basketball.” Looks like LaVar isn’t calling all the shots after all. 

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Good God, I could not have been pissed off enough at the Hawks last night. I don't care if we get Dallas' first round pick in 2019, we basically had a rapper make us get Trae Young. Travis Schlenk is seriously making an off-brand Warriors and it's gonna be an absolute joke.

That picture of Doncic in a Hawks hat is going to haunt me for a long time. All in all though, this shouldn't surprise me too much. This is the same franchise that traded Pau Gasol at the draft and took Marvin Williams. Life is tough as a Hawks fan. 

The Hawks, if not possessing an identity, have always been a poor facsimile of a championship team.

1982-90: Lakers East

2013-18: Wannabe Spurs

Hey, trading Gasol got Shareef Abdur-Rahim in his prime!  y'all just did nothing with him, as you would've with Gasol as their numbers are damn near equal.

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

So according to ESPN the Lakers have turned down Gelo Ball and they said that their decision had “more to do with than just basketball.” Looks like LaVar isn’t calling all the shots after all. 

LeBron's coming.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived