buzzcut

2018 NBA "Off"Season-Because It's Always On

Recommended Posts

Good God, I could not have been pissed off enough at the Hawks last night. I don't care if we get Dallas' first round pick in 2019, we basically had a rapper make us get Trae Young. Travis Schlenk is seriously making an off-brand Warriors and it's gonna be an absolute joke.

 

That picture of Doncic in a Hawks hat is going to haunt me for a long time. All in all though, this shouldn't surprise me too much. This is the same franchise that traded Pau Gasol at the draft and took Marvin Williams. Life is tough as a Hawks fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So according to ESPN the Lakers have turned down Gelo Ball and they said that their decision had “more to do with than just basketball.” Looks like LaVar isn’t calling all the shots after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Good God, I could not have been pissed off enough at the Hawks last night. I don't care if we get Dallas' first round pick in 2019, we basically had a rapper make us get Trae Young. Travis Schlenk is seriously making an off-brand Warriors and it's gonna be an absolute joke.

 

That picture of Doncic in a Hawks hat is going to haunt me for a long time. All in all though, this shouldn't surprise me too much. This is the same franchise that traded Pau Gasol at the draft and took Marvin Williams. Life is tough as a Hawks fan. 

The Hawks, if not possessing an identity, have always been a poor facsimile of a championship team.

1982-90: Lakers East

2013-18: Wannabe Spurs

 

Hey, trading Gasol got Shareef Abdur-Rahim in his prime!  y'all just did nothing with him, as you would've with Gasol as their numbers are damn near equal.

Edited by dfwabel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

So according to ESPN the Lakers have turned down Gelo Ball and they said that their decision had “more to do with than just basketball.” Looks like LaVar isn’t calling all the shots after all. 

LeBron's coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also Gelo sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Also Gelo sucks.

At least he's got that mad Foot Locker money coming his way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Also Gelo sucks.

Meanwhile in Big Baller business...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2018/06/22/lavar-balls-junior-basketball-association-debuts-small-crowd/725086002/

 

gozMioM.jpg

 

Quote

At the debut of LaVar Ball’s new professional basketball league Thursday night, he gave trophies and high fives to the special needs children who competed at halftime of the league’s two featured games.

 

On Thursday night they darkened the upper half of the 11,089-seat Citizens Business Bank Arena and the place still looked less than a quarter full. (Mind you, the arena is located less than a 20-minute drive from Chino Hills, where the Ball family enjoys its most ardent fan base.)

 

The small crowd on opening night suggested something else: The quality of play will not justify the ticket prices or support the apparent business model — 64 players getting $3,000 a month — even with LaVar’s larger-than-life personality.

DG, they'll be at the ShoWare Center on Sunday. $40.

Edited by dfwabel
Pic added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Hey, trading Gasol got Shareef Abdur-Rahim in his prime!  y'all just did nothing with him, as you would've with Gasol as their numbers are damn near equal.

 

He was never any good. It's not a coincidence that every team Abdur-Rahim played major minutes for was terrible. Just another generic forward putting up numbers because someone had to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T Young absolutely sucks. Not athletic enough for the game. You hear the comparisons to Curry. Young is immature and isn’t even close to what Curry was when he came out of college. Young is overhyped as hell, thanks to ESPN. He’ll be a bust. Bad pick Atlanta.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

T Young absolutely sucks. Not athletic enough for the game. You hear the comparisons to Curry. Young is immature and isn’t even close to what Curry was when he came out of college. Young is overhyped as hell, thanks to ESPN. He’ll be a bust. Bad pick Atlanta.

 

Travis Schlenk was a talent evaluation guy with the Warriors, so he's betting on his ability to create Warriors East.  Young isn't overhyped, he far exceeded his Freshman expectations and Lon Kruger opens practice during the season to ANYBODY, thus everyone can see a player's game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Travis Schlenk was a talent evaluation guy with the Warriors, so he's betting on his ability to create Warriors East.  Young isn't overhyped, he far exceeded his Freshman expectations and Lon Kruger opens practice during the season to ANYBODY, thus everyone can see a player's game.

Where was Trae after December? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

T Young absolutely sucks. Not athletic enough for the game. You hear the comparisons to Curry. Young is immature and isn’t even close to what Curry was when he came out of college. Young is overhyped as hell, thanks to ESPN. He’ll be a bust. Bad pick Atlanta.

 

I'm not buying the Trae hype either, but FWIW he is also much younger than Curry was when he was drafted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where was Trae after December? 

 

Trae averaged 26 points, and 7.5 points per game after December. Yes, his turnovers jumped by two per game. Then again, he was playing against tougher competition in the second half. He was also 19 years old.

 

Unless you're talking about Oklahoma's W/L record. In that case, as a reminder, basketball is a team game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Where was Trae after December?

With your Mom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, fnz said:

 

Trae averaged 26 points, and 7.5 points per game after December. Yes, his turnovers jumped by two per game. Then again, he was playing against tougher competition in the second half. He was also 19 years old.

 

Unless you're talking about Oklahoma's W/L record. In that case, as a reminder, basketball is a team game.

Well then he’ll have to do the same thing, minus the turnovers. Atlanta is no good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

With your Mom.

 

JNfN77x.gifJNfN77x.gifJNfN77x.gif

JNfN77x.gifJNfN77x.gifJNfN77x.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really impressed by the mavs, thought Bamba was definetly going to go to them, but instead they got the best one! Hopefully Doncic makes the relatively good so the hawks don’t get too many benifets next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nepotism Era is over in LA. Austin Rivers has been traded to the Wizards for Marcin Gortat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magic says he'll resign if the Lakers miss out on top free agents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now