2018 NBA "Off"Season-Because It's Always On

buzzcut

The upside is so insanely high the risk is hardly even a consideration. 

The starting line up come April is going to be the best PG and SG in the league, the second best player in the world, the best defensive player in the game, and whatever Boogie is, potentially the best center in the league

besides, what else could they have done with the MLE? 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor has it that the Spurs what this haul from the Lakers for Kawhi Leonard: Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, 2 First Round Picks and 2 draft pick swaps

giphy.gif

Spurs have to know full well that the Lakers wouldn't do this so that's what they asked for. 

Kawhi to the Clippers or Sixers if the Spurs trade him?  Another supposed rumor is that Kawhi isn't to keen on going to the Lakers now that LeBron is there. 

6 hours ago, Wings said:

Rumor has it that the Spurs what this haul from the Lakers for Kawhi Leonard: Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, 2 First Round Picks and 2 draft pick swaps

giphy.gif

Spurs have to know full well that the Lakers wouldn't do this so that's what they asked for. 

Kawhi to the Clippers or Sixers if the Spurs trade him?  Another supposed rumor is that Kawhi isn't to keen on going to the Lakers now that LeBron is there. 

Kawhi needs to figure out if wins are more important than being "the man". If he doesn't he might as well just sit out the year. Obviously the Spurs don't expect to get all those pieces but if they've decided to start over again getting as many youngsters as possible. Tony Parker may play next year but after that he needs to go. Manu still contributes but I think he'll be done this season or at least when Pop goes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, Wings said:

giphy.gif

Reports on Monday were that in order to trade Leonard to the Sixers, SAS wanted three 1st Round pics and two current players while the counteroffer was Saric, Covington, and Miami's unprotected pick for 2021.

SAS can basically wait until December 15 at the earliest and the trade deadline at the latest.

5 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Reports on Monday were that in order to trade Leonard to the Sixers, SAS wanted three 1st Round pics and two current players while the counteroffer was Saric, Covington, and Miami's unprotected pick for 2021.

SAS can basically wait until December 15 at the earliest and the trade deadline at the latest.

Does Leonard minus Saric put them over the Celtics?  From what "basketball people" tell me, it still might not be enough, and even if so, they'd be swept in the finals.  

I really hope they don't make a deal unless they can guarantee he's staying for 4 years.  Trading Saric and future pics for a rental would be crapping all over The Process.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's another part of the Lonzo Ball struggles/issues which really weren't known.

In February 2017, him mom, Tina Ball, suffered a massive stroke. Kent Babb of the Washington Post covers her recovery and her struggles to speak.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/06/14/feature/lavar-balls-wifes-quiet-recovery/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.dec1aa710788

Babb talked about it deeply on the Tim Bontemps Washington Post podcast.

28 minutes ago, OaklandIsBack said:

^ yeah I'm gonna assume it has more to do with his jumper coming from his left ear

Ladies and Gentlemen, Donell Jones apparently back to tell us what's up, but with NBA players.

Tony Parker to the.....Charlotte Hornets.

DSvY8Nc.gif

Now that Lebron has gone West, who's the team to beat in the Central? Gotta be Milwaukee. I think with Indiana, everything sort of went their way last year. They're still a playoff team, but not as good a record this coming season. I hope this is the year the Pistons finally pull it together. The Central is wide open now.

There's basically 9 playoff teams in the East, with Boston, Toronto, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Miami, Washington and Indiana pretty much playoff locks. I think the last spot belongs to either Detroit or Charlotte (who got rid of Howard and whose last couple of drafts have been solid)

sig.png

I've said this a lot throughout the last few years, but the Spurs time of contending is over.

And hey, Carmelo is leaving OKC. I bet he tries to join one of his "Banana Boat" pals.

Tony Parker is reportedly out of San Antonio. Probably won't fix issues Kawhi had, Tony was the one giving him the most grief, but Tony's been banged up for so long I couldn't see him getting through the season. Clears a spot for trades though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Tony Parker to the.....Charlotte Hornets.

DSvY8Nc.gif

Now that Lebron has gone West, who's the team to beat in the Central? Gotta be Milwaukee. I think with Indiana, everything sort of went their way last year. They're still a playoff team, but not as good a record this coming season. I hope this is the year the Pistons finally pull it together. The Central is wide open now.

There's basically 9 playoff teams in the East, with Boston, Toronto, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Miami, Washington and Indiana pretty much playoff locks. I think the last spot belongs to either Detroit or Charlotte (who got rid of Howard and whose last couple of drafts have been solid)

And Kyle Anderson just signed an offer sheet with the Grizzlies.

16 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I've said this a lot throughout the last few years, but the Spurs time of contending is over.

And hey, Carmelo is leaving OKC. I bet he tries to join one of his "Banana Boat" pals.

I've been saying this for years as well, but they keep drafting these "nobodies" who turn into very good and sometimes great players. 

sig.png

The token "you can't say Jerry Reinsdorf doesn't spend money" signing while continuing to operate the team in a way that isn't meant to compete for titles

EDIT: this was to match an offer sheet from Sacramento?!? GarPax getting outmaneuvered by the front office that thought the Kings should play a man down on defense so that there's a fifth guy hanging around the other basket. Oh well, should still be 41 nights of well-behaved, well-sponsored fun at the United Center.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was at Summer League today. Knox on the Knicks was a lot of fun. Frankie Smokes made Trae look bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived