buzzcut

2018 NBA "Off"Season-Because It's Always On

43 minutes ago, Wings said:

Yeah the Clippers franchise is worth more in L.A but they would be beloved more in Seattle than playing second fiddle to the Lakers for eternity. Profit over prosperity I guess. 

But would Ballmer give up the Clippers name? Being loved is one thing, having to give up certain parts of your identity for that love is a different story. 

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

But would Ballmer give up the Clippers name? Being loved is one thing, having to give up certain parts of your identity for that love is a different story. 

I think he would gladly give up the Clippers name for the Sonics name.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Not surprising. There's been legal battles surrounding the arena pretty much since it was announced. That being said, this was also the case with the Rams' stadium in Inglewood and that is under construction now.

Judging from the article, this particular lawsuit seems to be about the city of Inglewood shirking their obligation to build affordable housing rather than anything the Clippers are doing.

Inglewood is a terrible location, and Ballmer should have targeted the San Fernando Valley. By itself the Valley has a higher population than most NBA cities, and there's pretty much nothing there in terms of attractions besides Universal Studios. Inglewood just sucks and has no decent public transportation.

Inglewood's getting the Crenshaw/LAX Line.

The Valley would be awful.  You'd be alienating anyone not in the Valley with the traffic on the 5 and the 101 and where the hell would you build it?  Valley Village Park?  That'd be the only place where you could access the Red and Orange Lines.

The Metro station in Inglewood will be 2 miles away from the Rams stadium. Not exactly a walk most people will want to make 10:00 at night after a game.

Getting to North Hollywood isn't hard, so it's not going to alienate as many people as Inglewood will. Traffic on the 5 and 101? What about traffic on the 405 and 105 to get to Inglewood? There's traffic everywhere. And the Red Line stops right there.

If nothing else, it will be convenient to have that new arena for the 2028 Olympics, right? So there's that.

Kevin McHale is now dead to the NBA forever, so that's pretty exciting.

43 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The guy who gave Garnett to the Celtics for a song knows a good deal when he sees one.

52 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Impossible to talk about this without breaking the cardinal rule.  But I'm not convinced he should be.  And I am no _ _ _ _ _ supporter by a long shot.  

20 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Impossible to talk about this without breaking the cardinal rule.  But I'm not convinced he should be.  And I am no _ _ _ _ _ supporter by a long shot.  

Who should have been removed from polite society in 1933? Past is prologue, you know?

EDIT: Apologies if this is crossing the line. But I guess that's kind of the point.

We are truly a mob society with two very unruly mobs on each side.

I don't think Kevin McHale's inevitable blacklisting from the NBA is going to improve my material conditions :(

Attacking the mans wife because he supports a particular presidential candidate is just wrong. Him being blacklisted is also wrong but to go and say truely nasty things to a woman because of her husbands political views is down right disgraceful. <MOD EDIT: No politics.>

<MOD EDIT: No politics.>

Guys - just a reminder that there’s a no politics rule on the boards. Please keep the discussion on the topic at hand. Thanks.

Kevin McHale

Member has been suspended for two months for violating the no politics rule.

This suspension may increase as more votes come in.

It appears it will be Ayton #1 and Bagley #2 tonight. Kings pass on Doncic.

Why do the Kings even exist any more? They’re so absolutely worthless. I live in Sacramento and work with the public and I know maybe 5 actual Kings fans. And the most surprising thing about them passing on Doncic is that it’s not surprising at all. 

You can have them, Seattle. No idea why you would want them. The NBA and the city of Sacramento would be better off if they just contracted them.