2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

If LeBron James is the greatest player of this generation, then this might be a watered down generation of basketball.

Interesting take, Skip Bayless. 

Do NOT count these Celtics out. Are they gonna lose to the Cavs in 5? Yeah, probably, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on it. I'd put a couple bucks, but not a lot. Would Kyrie have done anything that this freakshow Rozier isn't doing? I honestly don't believe so, that's the only reason they're where they are rn. A Boston team hasn't been this likable and widely cheered on since the '04 Sox and they deserve it. Buy in. It's not over.

And Ben Simmons' performance tonight was funnier than Kevin Hart's ever been.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

3 minutes ago, truepg said:

This is what I was talking about. Love showed up. Clarkson and Hood still haven't.

Just because the Cavs have been playing like crap in these playoffs, it doesn't make them a weak team.

Remember how dead the non-LeBron Heat looked in 2014? The current Cavs core has the same amount of miles on them.

It's all the more amazing that James stays at this level for the eighth damn year in a row.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

42 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Remember how dead the non-LeBron Heat looked in 2014? The current Cavs core has the same amount of miles on them.

It's all the more amazing that James stays at this level for the eighth damn year in a row.

I'm putting an emphasis on the young guys in particular, Clarkson and Hood. Even Nance can give us production. But I'm totally expecting it from the aforementioned two. If they get it going too, we have a legit chance against GSW.

6 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

If LeBron James is the greatest player of this generation, then this might be a watered down generation of basketball.

Look, man. I get that you don't like LeBron, that's okay. But you have to recognize his greatness. I hate Tom Brady, as many of you know. I dislike him about as much as you hate LeBron. But I recognize that he's undoubtedly the best QB of the last 20 years, and probably ever. Don't try to sell LeBron short just cause you don't like him. 

spacer.png

I'm not trying to be a flippant jerk when I say this, but this Cavs/Raptors series is yet another exhibit as far as I'm concerned about how completely useless the NBA regular season is. I don't have time to watch too much basketball these days as it is, but I know plenty of people who do and talk about it, and obviously the threads here that I read even if I generally don't post in them, but all the talk about the Cavs being in crisis mode and such and, legitimate as it may have been at the time, I've pretty much been of the train of thought of "yada yada yada I'm expecting them to be in the Finals until someone beats them first". Being a #4 seed, the seasons Toronto and Boston have had, meh, whatever. We've seen this story so many times before. 

And here we are; Cavs being on the road the first two games? Doesn't matter. I think the last two times they've been on the road to begin an Eastern series, they've won the first two anyway, and they did so again. So we can now confidently brush aside whatever Raptors hype that people were trying to peddle. Probably will say the same about the Celtics or Sixers in a couple weeks time as well.

spacer.png

For all you idiots that praise Colangelo while disparaging Hinkie, at least Hinkie knew that tanking only worked in the regular season. 

#idiots #TrustTheProcess

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Fair point. 

I actually completely forgot about The 07 Mavs. Don’t know why they aren’t brought up more often as the worst #1 Seed. 

Because they weren't.  They just ran into a Warriors team that got hot at the right time and was led by a coach who rather intimately knew all of the failings and vulnerabilities of the Mavs roster.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, rams80 said:

Because they weren't.  They just ran into a Warriors team that got hot at the right time and was led by a coach who rather intimately knew all of the failings and vulnerabilities of the Mavs roster.

Yes, just because you lose doesn’t mean 4 games do’s this mean your a bad team, just a little bit unlucky

Excellent!

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

For all you idiots that praise Colangelo while disparaging Hinkie, at least Hinkie knew that tanking only worked in the regular season. 

#idiots #TrustTheProcess

Nope...You don't get to do praise the moves you think your terrible GM would have made but didn't. Colangelo built a bench for the Sixers that got them into the second round. Hinkie never would have done that.

Somehow, Sixers fans are blind to the fact that the Celtics pick in the top three each year and they didn't have to nuke four seasons to get there. And the Celtics, when healthy, are closer to a championship than Philadelphia.

3 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I'm not trying to be a flippant jerk when I say this, but this Cavs/Raptors series is yet another exhibit as far as I'm concerned about how completely useless the NBA regular season is. I don't have time to watch too much basketball these days as it is, but I know plenty of people who do and talk about it, and obviously the threads here that I read even if I generally don't post in them, but all the talk about the Cavs being in crisis mode and such and, legitimate as it may have been at the time, I've pretty much been of the train of thought of "yada yada yada I'm expecting them to be in the Finals until someone beats them first". Being a #4 seed, the seasons Toronto and Boston have had, meh, whatever. We've seen this story so many times before. 

And here we are; Cavs being on the road the first two games? Doesn't matter. I think the last two times they've been on the road to begin an Eastern series, they've won the first two anyway, and they did so again. So we can now confidently brush aside whatever Raptors hype that people were trying to peddle. Probably will say the same about the Celtics or Sixers in a couple weeks time as well.

The only regular season that really matters is football. But also, sports don't matter and you can't separate the need for their to be a television and in-arena product from the competitive aspect of any sports. Bad teams have to exist; so do random games in February. And, if it comes to Golden State/Houston in the WCF, you don't think GS would prefer to have home court?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

This is how people talked about Mad Men or the solar eclipse. I think I like it better when sports are sports. I'm better at watching them I am at beholding them.

You don't have to behold it. It's just silly to be watching something that's obviously great and finding reasons to not enjoy it (I know Bayless is doing a bit. Sabresrule is just a grump)

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived