2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

13 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

I mean they kinda are. The only reason they are where they are is because LeBron is a walking cheat code. I can’t even give Love credit because he just started to show up.

Its not as bad as his first finals team, but they aren’t beating the Warriors no matter how great LeBron is.

I mean, the double combo of Indiana being an awful matchup for Love and that whole torn thumb ligament thing might have a bit to do with why he's struggled this postseason.

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

If LeBron James is the greatest player of this generation, then this might be a watered down generation of basketball.

You realize, when its all said and done, this is a generation will produce the best shooter of all time (Curry), the best pure scorer of all time (KD), and the best ball handler/below the rim finisher of all time (Kyrie), and the best all around player of all time (LBJ), right?

And that doesn't even include guys like Anthony Davis, Harden, Khawi, or Embiid...

1 hour ago, CLEstones said:

You realize, when its all said and done, this is a generation will produce the best shooter of all time (Curry), the best pure scorer of all time (KD), and the best ball handler/below the rim finisher of all time (Kyrie), and the best all around player of all time (LBJ), right?

And that doesn't even include guys like Anthony Davis, Harden, Khawi, or Embiid...

Yeah, this era is just fine. LeBron might not be Jordan but he has just as much, if not more, star power to compete with.  Plus, in the era of superteams, what he's done since his superteam ended has been all that much more impressive.  He's probably going to retire with three titles,* which in the eyes of some will contribute to the point of the "best player of the era" being a bit "watered down" but in his Cleveland years, he's overcome some rough circumstances (namely, playing in Cleveland).

*Unless he super-teams it up again, which will cause his titles to be tainted in the eyes of the LeBron-hating community anyway. 

For those old enough to remember Jordan's prime, nothing will probably ever touch that star power, anyway.  But this is a pretty good era for stars overall.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Ah yes, why would anyone want to watch the best basketball player ever against the most talented NBA team ever assembled?

Because we’ve already seen it.

2 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Because we’ve already seen it.

For someone so in search fresh new experiences, you spend a lot of time saying the 5 things on an internet message board.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The funny thing is that put the healthy Kyrie of 17/18 on this team, a give-a-damn TT, and they all of a sudden turn into a threat.

Yeah, things will always look brighter when you have three walking double doubles at worse.

20 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I don't think anyone from the East beats them, but at the very least, I want to see the Warriors get a different dance partner.

Like, GSW vs. BOS/TOR/PHI is refreshingly DIFFERENT.

CLE/GSW AGAIN has no upside. None.

I’d say it has plenty of upside. You’ll get the people that love the matchup/players, and you’ll get the viewers that hate watch to see LeBron or a particular Warrior lose.

7 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

I mean, the double combo of Indiana being an awful matchup for Love and that whole torn thumb ligament thing might have a bit to do with why he's struggled this postseason.

Would you give LeBron that same courtesy had he played poorly? Say he had an injured toe and wasn’t going to the rim would you give him a pass?

I’d bet most people wouldn’t because of who he is. If Kevin Love is supposed to be a Star then he has to show up. I’m not saying guys can’t be hurt, but if you can’t go don’t get on the court. Not in the playoffs.

8 hours ago, CLEstones said:

To be fair, the NBA's defense rules have been completely gutted in favor of offense. I doubt any of these guys would have the same stats in the 80s or 90s (That's not to take away from any of these guys, they'd all still be stars in other eras).

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

To be fair, the NBA's defense rules have been completely gutted in favor of offense. I doubt any of these guys would have the same stats in the 80s or 90s (That's not to take away from any of these guys, they'd all still be stars in other eras).

80's and 90's defenders wouldn't check Curry and Co. from 30 feet and beyond as they'd still be worried about the post player.  Can't hand check them as they're catch and shoot most of the time, especially guys like Klay, who is underrated.

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

80's and 90's defenders wouldn't check Curry and Co. from 30 feet and beyond as they'd still be worried about the post player.  Can't hand check them as they're catch and shoot most of the time, especially guys like Klay, who is underrated.

That's true. I even thought about that while typing but just sort of left it out.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

4 hours ago, Lafarge said:

Uh, no they haven't.  The rule changed that allowed teams to play zone defense made it easier to defend star players.  In the 80's and 90's, pretty much everything teams do to defend players like LeBron in today's NBA was illegal.

IUe6Hvh.png

15 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Pels came out aggressive and got a big Game 3 win. Rondo with a career-high 21 assists. They had better offer him a nice contract this summer because he's been absolutely solid for them all year long.

But he's moody Rondo now at age 32.

Plus Boogie is unrestricted.

I love him, but he will easily backstab a coach faster than he beats a foster kid in Connect 4.

Nice job, Jazz.

When Harden hit the 3 from the mid-H in "UTAH", it was over.

Getting beat by 28 after 3.

Rockets didn't care, they were shooting the 3.

Mitchell is very inefficient. Westbrook has been inefficient because he must be. Mitchell is because Snyder had no other real option for 2017-18.

29 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Nice job, Jazz.

When Harden hit the 3 from the mid-H in "UTAH", it was over.

Getting beat by 28 after 3.

Rockets didn't care, they were shooting the 3.

Mitchell is very inefficient. Westbrook has been inefficient because he must be. Mitchell is because Snyder had no other real option for 2017-18.

How do you go from 19-28 in January to being in the second round of the playoffs? ?‍♂️

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, DustDevil61 said:

How do you go from 19-28 in January to being in the second round of the playoffs? ?‍♂️

Don't care. It isn't about the past, it's about the now...the NBA Playoffs.

Y'all got whooped tonight.

Which early 90's hip hop song illustates this and future Jazz teams?

Flaugin'

Ain't No Future In Yo Frontin'

^^ one of my all time fav posts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

^^ one of my all time fav posts.

Utah loves to be Flaugin'

Hey, I'll easily bring up the Philly "Hilltop Hustlers".

Robert Kraft needed to work with Cool C over Meek Mill if he was worried about guys getting hustled.

Cool C and Audio Two are sneaky great.

9 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Don't care. It isn't about the past, it's about the now...the NBA Playoffs.

Y'all got whooped tonight.

Which early 90's hip hop song illustates this and future Jazz teams?

Flaugin'

Ain't No Future In Yo Frontin'

Hey look, I’m just happy we’re here. You can razz the Jazz all you want to but seriously, if you told me they’d get this far in January, I’d have a choking attack from laughing so hard. So given where they’re at now compared to where they were, I’m fine. They could get beat by an average of 40 over the next two games and I’d still be fine. I’ll take reaching the second round and getting our ash beat there while getting razzed by hip hop songs on a sports logos board over being as bad as we were up to January any day.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived