2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

I know the words "NBA" and "predictable" are thrown together a lot, but I'm assuming most people had Golden State, Houston, Cleveland, and Boston in the Conference Finals at the start of the season.

22 minutes ago, who do you think said:

What the hell is Thanos and why do people keep name-dropping him/it? First Reddit, now here.

The Avengers: Infinity War.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, who do you think said:

What the hell is Thanos and why do people keep name-dropping him/it? First Reddit, now here.

That's, um, quite the rock you've been living under.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

31 minutes ago, rams80 said:

That's, um, quite the rock you've been living under.

I'm so glad I saw it opening weekend. The internet is spoiling the :censored: out of it.

The only real NBA-Thanos comparison that's legit is LeBron over the eastern conference.

(pithy comment spoilered in case you haven't seen Infinity War)

Spoiler

Especially how calmly inevitable he makes it all seem.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

You keep using that word.

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

*Ahem* Let’s see what urban dictionary says it means:

”Flauging: to act like someone or something you're not (as in drive a car that's not yours)”

Okay. I fail to see where Utah’s “acting like someone they’re not” by losing to the best team in the league. I think even the most die-hard Jazz fans saw this coming. I did. I don’t recall anyone I know saying the Jazz were ever at Houston’s level. Houston’s been doing this to everybody, in case you haven’t noticed. And they’ll probably keep doing it next round and maybe the one after. This is far less about Utah being a fluke and more about the fact that Houston is just that great. Like, really, really, really, really great. 

I’m fully aware the Jazz aren’t “there” yet, and that’s fine. Totally fine. They’re farther than I expected them to be. Much farther. As I’ve said, I’ve just enjoyed the heck out of the fact they turned this year around so much and crawled back from losing Hayward. They weren’t supposed to even dream about being this far, and I’ve just been stoked as a fan to go along for the ride. And really, something should be said for a team that turns 19-28 into 48-34 and a second round appearance (yeah I know you already said you “don’t care”, loud and clear, but there’s plenty of others who appreciate that kind of moxie regardless). Just because they ran into Thanos doesn’t mean the year was all-for-naught or that they were a fake or that fans can’t appreciate what happened along the way anyways. 

EDIT: Just to assure you, not trying to start a fight or anything. We can agree to disagree. The assumption that the Jazz are acting like someone they aren’t just because they’re losing to Houston just didn’t make any sense to me is all.

Which Al Green song y'all forever use?

I assume "For the Good Times".

Y'all still flaugin' if you must turn to Urban Dictionary.

Y'all had two decades to dis Poison Clan.

Still flaugin'.

And trapped like dirty, dead Col. Abrbams after Game 5!

On 5/4/2018 at 8:01 PM, Lafarge said:

To be fair, the NBA's defense rules have been completely gutted in favor of offense. I doubt any of these guys would have the same stats in the 80s or 90s (That's not to take away from any of these guys, they'd all still be stars in other eras).

And to be fair... those guys in the 80s and 90s wouldn't have the same stats in today's NBA, either.

7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Which Al Green song y'all forever use?

I assume "For the Good Times".

Y'all still flaugin' if you must turn to Urban Dictionary.

Y'all had two decades to dis Poison Clan.

Still flaugin'.

And trapped like dirty, dead Col. Abrbams after Game 5!

giphy.gif

Alright dude, you do you then...

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The Celtics could be in trouble if they don't eliminate Philly tonight. In my opinion this is one of the flimsiest 3-0 series leads in NBA playoff history. All season long, the Celtics have been at their best when they've had nothing to prove and all the scrutiny has been on the opposition. When they're the team that's supposed to win a high-profile matchup, they wilt (see: the Christmas game against Washington and the February game against Cleveland right after the Cavs made their trades). Last round, the team was on upset watch after Kyrie's injury and all eyes were on Milwaukee and Giannis. No expectations. Now at 3-0 in this series, finally they are the team that's supposed to win, while their opponent has been written off. If they leave the door open tonight, the pressure on them to win game 5 in their house will be enormous.

I do see the Celtics blowing a 3-0 series lead. Even if 76ers win tonight, Celtics still have home court to come back to. They also really have been the better team this series.

If anything, the only pressure on them to win tonight is so they don't give Lebron any extra rest. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

6 minutes ago, who do you think said:

That was absolutely pathetic. If the Sixers come back to win this or even force a game 7, this game will be up there with Lakers/Kings in the hall of shame.

Lmao not gonna :censored:ing happen. :lol:

76ers were simply granted a stay of execution.  

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

McConnell was a great touch because this series really needed some narrative about grit and hustle and whatever else.

no just kidding, Covington is trash, it was a good move. Hard to picture Phila doing that 3 more times but hey.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Dcotkr4V4AA3hvr.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived