2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

On 5/9/2018 at 11:09 PM, DG_Now said:

He should have not tried to force that shot at the end. That was it.

I never knew these "2 minute reports" existed until today.  I'm not totally sure how to interpret this, but it seems like in the last two minutes, Embiid was fouled at the end and it wasn't called, got called for a foul he shouldn't have, Boston guy traveled when making a critical steal, Saric was called for a bogus offensive foul, and didn't get a call while shooting.  The last two minutes really went against the Sixers, and it's reasonable to think that it impacted the outcome.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/05/L2M-PHI-BOS-05-09-2018.pdf

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Their 16 wins in a row only included that one quality win over the Cavs, where they almost lost a 30-point lead. Winning a bunch of games over the  tanking Hawks, Mavs and Hornets turned out to be a mirage.

Though they were definitely impressive over Miami. So who knows. Sometimes young guys run out of gas. They'll be better next year.

Matchups, matchups, matchups.

Philly would have matched up way better with the Bucks had they won a game in Boston.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

hahaha he thinks the Celtics would be "new"

The fact the Celtics were the last non-LeBron team to make it out of the east 8 years ago and could be the next only makes me wonder WTF the other 13 teams have been doing in this time.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

9 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Right, IDK why I confused Vlade Divac with Billy King.:lol: 

But Yeah, The haul Ainge got for The Big 3 break up was just a complete steal. Celtics didn't even have to tank thanks to that.  

People also underrate how Ainge got Isaiah Thomas for a song. Though I’m certain even he didn’t expect IT to become a temporary star playing Bradball, but it worked out all the same.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Thanks to The 76ers, The will also have a Top 5 pick in either this year's or Next Year's draft too.B)

Depending on where The Lakers' pick lands. 

I think auctally we are better set up......for the year after next, if the lakers pick this year falls between 2-5 it goes to Boston if not I think, (not 100% sure) we get BOTH the grizzlies AND clippers 1st round pick in next years draft.

55 minutes ago, Digby said:

The fact the Celtics were the last non-LeBron team to make it out of the east 8 years ago and could be the next only makes me wonder what the heck the other 13 teams have been doing in this time.

Not having LeBron. 

spacer.png

It'll be Budenholzer, right? He's a good coach if he has good players.

I'm kind of interested to see if Blatt ever comes back to the league.

Casey might be good for Milwaukee. Stackhouse for Detroit. Hammon not yet.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It'll be Budenholzer, right? He's a good coach if he has good players.

His crowning achievement is taking a deep Hawks team led by B-list "stars" to a 1 seed and picking up a Coach of the Year just to be decimated by LeBron James. What on earth is the difference?

It looks like the Raptors built as good of a team as can be hoped for in a market that is not a free agent destination. Their peak is probably conference finals, and they did that in '16. With the Bucks, Sixers, and Celtics on the rise, and LeBron refusing to age, they've got nowhere to go. It's a structural problem of the NBA that seemingly no matter how deep the talent pool gets, certain teams are just never going to reach the top. 

PJU85JF.png

If The Capitals can beat The Penguins in the playoffs, then surely one day The Raptors can win a series against Lebron James. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:31 PM, Jimmy Lethal said:

And the four teams literally everyone expected in the Conference Finals make it. But this season was going to be different.

"It's the most wide-open NBA playoffs in ages!"
*playoffs are Golden State, Houston, Boston, and LeBron*

"Well sure, but consider the fact that they could have lost!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

ITT: the NBA is stupid and dumb and we're all very clever.

The NBA, more than any other sport, relies on individual talent. It's the history of the league that good teams stay good for extended periods of time. None of this is new.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Baseball relies more on individual talent than basketball does and isn't on the verge of the same two teams playing for its championship four years in a row. If you want to have a two-team league, have a two-team league, but don't tell me it's the zenith of all professional sports.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

"It's the most wide-open NBA playoffs in ages!"
*playoffs are Golden State, Houston, Boston, and LeBron*

"Well sure, but consider the fact that they could have lost!"

I'll laugh if it's the Cavs and Warriors again.

This fact here really does illustrate it all:

8 hours ago, Digby said:

The fact the Celtics were the last non-LeBron team to make it out of the east 8 years ago and could be the next only makes me wonder WTF the other 13 teams have been doing in this time.

7 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Not having LeBron. 

I got so sick and tired of hearing people go on and on of how exciting and entertaining the NBA was this season from top to bottom and how wide open the playoffs were going to be, talking themselves into "well, they could do it!". (Case in point, I haven't listened to a Bill Simmons podcast in full since the end of football season. And his nominal talk about the NHL recently is... painful.) All four conference semifinals were done in five games or less. And all that produced was the conference finals anybody, even me the NBA extreme-casual, could have picked before the season. And if the favorites prevail as they probably should? Another Cavs-Warriors Finals. After the Cavs and Warriors both didn't put their best foot forward all season. Cool, I guess.

As DG said, none of this is new with the NBA. But, as admiral alluded to, it'd be nice if NBA fans admitted that more often instead of telling everyone how great it all is.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived