He's come a long way from hanging out in his hotel room drinking Shirley Temples.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I started typing a response before reading all of it, then got a good laugh.  I know that wasn't serious, but I'm not sure how anyone can call The Process a failure just yet, considering this was the teams' first run, and was lead by a real rookie and essentially a rookie.  In the little bit that I actually watched this year, Simmons looked simultaneously like the best player ever and the worst.  He gets all these triple doubles, highlight reel drives to the rim, but then either doesn't want to take a jump shot or simply can't make one, and often can't even make easy lay-ups.  Maybe it's in his head, I'm not sure - did he suck at shooting in college too?

The comments in the story are brilliant. So many Sixers fans don't get jokes.

This was always the risk of the Process. Yes, you can swing for the fences, but if you strike out it really was all for nothing. Embiid might be a generational talent, or he could be injured forever. Their two #1 point guards can't reliably shoot. But they can also learn!

Philly is behind only Boston as having the best young core in the game. But, at this point, I'd take Boston's upside over Philly's. The Celtics' coach is better and their GM did a Better Process without nuking four seasons away.

You sold tickets and got the fanbase excited and lost in the second round like a bunch of idiots. Meanwhile the Suns and Grizzlies wisely took the season off and will draft future hall of fame players at the top of the draft. Ignored your own rules. Huge mistake, Sixers. 

18 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Philly is behind only Boston as having the best young core in the game. But, at this point, I'd take Boston's upside over Philly's. The Celtics' coach is better and their GM did a Better Process without nuking four seasons away.

Ironically, that actually validates The Process.  He's like the LeBron of GMs, and it's just not realistic to be able to hire anyone that can duplicate that.  Since the best you can do is "above average", you need to give that "above average" guy as many picks as possible because he'll inevitably screw one or two up (or they just get hurt or don't pan out for whatever reason.)

The presence of a GM like Ainge was part of the reason The Process was necessary.  It was the only way.  Now the team is a legit East finalist contender for as long as they stay healthy, and that was the point - contend at the very top, not battle for 6th or 7th seed every year.

5 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

You sold tickets and got the fanbase excited and lost in the second round like a bunch of idiots. Meanwhile the Suns and Grizzlies wisely took the season off and will draft future hall of fame players at the top of the draft. Ignored your own rules. Huge mistake, Sixers. 

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree that they went for it a bit too soon.  If I was running the team, Embiid would have gotten the most ironic DUI ever and have been "suspended" for the season, Simmons would have needed another year to get over his foot injury, Fultz would have been committed, and I'd've gone for another top pick.  Then go for it.

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree that they went for it a bit too soon.  If I was running the team, Embiid would have gotten the most ironic DUI ever and have been "suspended" for the season, Simmons would have needed another year to get over his foot injury, Fultz would have been committed, and I'd've gone for another top pick.  Then go for it.

You're the Atlanta Hawks of the early part of this decade now. The worst outcome possible of the process. Yikes. 

42 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Most of that is thanks to Ainge absolutely fleecing Bryan Colangelo & Vlade Divac. 

The Big 3 Breakup alone almost completely saved them from having to tank. 

Any GM would love to get away with the highway robbery Danny Ainge did. 

No, the Ainge boom came from the Pierce and Garnett trade to Billy King.Three first-round picks for three old-ass players is probably the best haul in NBA history.

Right, IDK why I confused Vlade Divac with Billy King.:lol: 

But Yeah, The haul Ainge got for The Big 3 break up was just a complete steal. Celtics didn't even have to tank thanks to that.  

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

No, the Ainge boom came from the Pierce and Garnett trade to Billy King.Three first-round picks for three old-ass players is probably the best haul in NBA history.

They were talking about this on Lebatard today with Amin Elhassan and he was basically saying the same thing. The way the Celtics have compiled draft picks over the last few years should scare the crap out of the rest of the league.

4 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

They were talking about this on Lebatard today with Amin Elhassan and he was basically saying the same thing. The way the Celtics have compiled draft picks over the last few years should scare the crap out of the rest of the league.

Thanks to The 76ers, The will also have a Top 5 pick in either this year's or Next Year's draft too.B)

Depending on where The Lakers' pick lands. 

On 5/9/2018 at 11:09 PM, DG_Now said:

He should have not tried to force that shot at the end. That was it.

I never knew these "2 minute reports" existed until today.  I'm not totally sure how to interpret this, but it seems like in the last two minutes, Embiid was fouled at the end and it wasn't called, got called for a foul he shouldn't have, Boston guy traveled when making a critical steal, Saric was called for a bogus offensive foul, and didn't get a call while shooting.  The last two minutes really went against the Sixers, and it's reasonable to think that it impacted the outcome.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/05/L2M-PHI-BOS-05-09-2018.pdf

Yeah....they should probably not do the 2-minute reports anymore.

16 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Their 16 wins in a row only included that one quality win over the Cavs, where they almost lost a 30-point lead. Winning a bunch of games over the  tanking Hawks, Mavs and Hornets turned out to be a mirage.

Though they were definitely impressive over Miami. So who knows. Sometimes young guys run out of gas. They'll be better next year.

Matchups, matchups, matchups.

Philly would have matched up way better with the Bucks had they won a game in Boston.

Rockets in 6

Celtics in 7

It’s time for some new Finals blood. There is no upside to GSW/CLE part infinity unless you’re a casual NBA fan who knows only LeBron, Durant, and Steph Curry

1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

It’s time for some new Finals blood.

hahaha he thinks the Celtics would be "new"

1 hour ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

hahaha he thinks the Celtics would be "new"

The fact the Celtics were the last non-LeBron team to make it out of the east 8 years ago and could be the next only makes me wonder WTF the other 13 teams have been doing in this time.

9 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Right, IDK why I confused Vlade Divac with Billy King.:lol: 

But Yeah, The haul Ainge got for The Big 3 break up was just a complete steal. Celtics didn't even have to tank thanks to that.  

People also underrate how Ainge got Isaiah Thomas for a song. Though I’m certain even he didn’t expect IT to become a temporary star playing Bradball, but it worked out all the same.

8 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Thanks to The 76ers, The will also have a Top 5 pick in either this year's or Next Year's draft too.B)

Depending on where The Lakers' pick lands. 

I think auctally we are better set up......for the year after next, if the lakers pick this year falls between 2-5 it goes to Boston if not I think, (not 100% sure) we get BOTH the grizzlies AND clippers 1st round pick in next years draft.

55 minutes ago, Digby said:

The fact the Celtics were the last non-LeBron team to make it out of the east 8 years ago and could be the next only makes me wonder what the heck the other 13 teams have been doing in this time.

Not having LeBron.