5 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

EDIT: The number in my head the Cavs need was 14 at the end of the third, and that's where they ended. If Boston starts the fourth on a 7-0 run, that might be the game. But this is definitely not in the bag yet.

I'm a genius.

Definitely don’t think anyone expected game 1 to go that way.:lol:

Game 2 should be interesting, let’s see if Celtics can stop “Angry Lebron”. 

That won’t happen again i would bet, but goodness that was fun to watch.

I hope this playoff run forever shuts up the “Al Horford is overrated” crowd. Not flashy or interesting but a hell of a two-way player, every single time.

13 minutes ago, Digby said:

That won’t happen again i would bet, but goodness that was fun to watch.

I hope this playoff run forever shuts up the “Al Horford is overrated” crowd. Not flashy or interesting but a hell of a two-way player, every single time.

Horford has taken a steaming, slimy dump on all his naysayers this entire playoffs.

Dude is the backbone of this Celtics team. 

Oh awesome. Now we get two full days of “The Cavs are in trouble and Lebron can’t always carry this team, y’all” talk from everyone before we get a Cavs close win in game 2 and Lebron going Super Sayian in game 3 which the Cavs will win by 10-12 and we’re back to square one. 

How is this league so predictable yet im still intrigued enough to watch? 

Regression to the mean. That's all.

LeBron stunk today. He also has a history of dropping games ones. I think the Cavs will be fine, but who knows.

Houston/GS is more intriguing. I'm really excited to see what the Rockets do with home court. Their whole roster is constructed to take on the Warriors, and here they are. They've been the most consistent team this season and Harden has been the best non-LeBron and non-Curry player.

Assuming Harden and Paul have pooled their powers to conquer the playoff yips, they're in a really great position to win the series.

Draymond will be kicked out tonight. No doubt. Just waiting for Tony Brothers or Scott Foster to do the honors.

Pretty much like I said a few days ago. Rockets are GREAT, but this Warriors team is from another planet. 

It’s harder to beat a defending champ in basketball compared to other sports.

Goaltending is probably the main reason PIT lost to WSH: Holtby was the better goalie.

Eagles has a better roster than New England man for man.

Basketball does not have variables like a hot goalie or even good pitching in baseball.

54 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Pretty much like I said a few days ago. Rockets are GREAT, but this Warriors team is from another planet. 

This is moreso about GSW. I don’t think Houston no-showed this game.

I agree. For as good as Houston is, the Warriors are simply one of the greatest of all time. This series may still turn around for many reasons, most of that being just how damn good this Rockets team is. But this could also be the series that people look to as the one that cements the Warriors legacy. A statement series, if you will (Stugotz’s schtick is basically this right now, but it’s probably more accurate than not). 

I mean, how much longer can GSW realistically keep their core together? Maybe 2 more years at most? 

Well, rumor is that Klay Thompson is working (through his dad, who’s apparently doing most of the heavy-lifting on all of this, naturally) on a new, pretty heavily discounted deal that’ll keep the core together and allow them to re-up Draymond. Apparently all of this kind of stuff was discussed in the Hamptons, and each player’s willingness to sacrifice personal gains for the team is what drew the attention of KD in the first place. 

They brought up a really interesting question on Jalen and Jacoby the other day. Is it better to take that huge deal with a team like Charlotte and get yours immediately, or in Klay’s obviously unique case, would it be better long-term to take a deal that’s potentially $20 million less with the hopes that you’ll be able to make that up and then some later in life? I think for most players you’re a fool to not take the extra $20 million because who even knows what’ll happen? But Klay Thompson is in a unique situation where he’s a part of potentially the most famous basketball team of all time. Maybe that’s worth the initial financial risk. 

In the very least, it’s interesting to consider. 

6 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The question for me after game 1: Might these Warriors be too good for the NBA’s good?

No. 

I feel sorry for anyone who tried to convince themself that the Rockets could beat the Warriors in a playoff series.

There is always something else to shoot for even if the Warriors lay waste to all opponents. Can they pull off a proper threepeat (thanks Kyrie)? Can they do six in eight like the Bulls dynasty? Can they replicate the crazy things that the old Celtics and Minneapolis Lakers did, in a different era where we were told it couldn't happen? I think, as much as sports fans (at least in the North American model) love to put parity on a pedestal and shout down predictable outcomes, I'm not sure there's any evidence of dynasties being a bad thing on the whole.

Golden State might as well have the Finals reserved for them for the next two to three years at the very least. They're probably the greatest basketball team in history. The Rockets are extremely good... and are well above every other team, but even after just one game in this series, it's clear that they're far below the God-like Warriors.

And now watch Houston manage to make this a series and send it all the way to Game 7...

For what feels like the first time in a while, lottery-type teams win the lottery:

1. Phoenix

2. Sacramento

3. Atlanta

4. Memphis

5. Dallas

The Kyrie trade netted (get it?) the Cavs #8. The Lakers pick turned into #10 for Philly.

So that happened!