2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

9 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

LOL.  Professional sports are supposed to be entertainment.  The whole premise of professional sports is that people would pay money to watch players play a sport.  It's not supposed to be a team effort.  It's supposed to get people to watch.  That's literally the guiding principle of the industry, so I'm not sure where you get the feeling that the way the game is played has anything to do with it.

I think you'd be better off watching amateur sports, if you legitimately care about the "sport", or "fundamentals".  I'll continue to watch the best player(s) in the world do moves that I could never in a million years do, regardless of whether they position correctly or pass it to all five players 20 times during a possession.  I'm not buying a ticket to watch some boring ass team fundamental the other teams to death.  I am going to buy a ticket to see a player that can do a flip in mid air and pass the ball between his legs.

If you want "entertainment" then go buy a ticket to WWE or The Harlem Globetrotters.

In actual sports you aren't supposed to rely on 1 single player to win you a championship, especially when the rest of your team is crap. 

Jordan had Pippen

Magic had KAJ 

Bird had Parish

Curry has Green & Durant

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

If you want "entertainment" then go buy a ticket to WWE or The Harlem Globetrotters.

In actual sports you aren't supposed to rely on 1 single player to win you a championship, especially when the rest of your team is crap. 

Jordan had Pippen

Magic had KAJ 

Bird had Parish

Curry has Green & Durant

I agree. However, the NFL likes to pretend that it's entertainment so they can manipulate games (see Mayer vs. Belichick):

https://www.arentfox.com/newsroom/alerts/decision-sporting-event-ticket-holders-lack-standing-sue-based-alleged-cheating

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

Jordan had Pippen

Magic had KAJ 

Bird had Parish

Curry has Green & Durant

So you're mad that Lebron is so good that he can do it all by himself?  I think most people would think that it's even more of a privilege to be able to watch someone like that, for whom there will never be an argument of "well, could he have done it without Pippen?"

There's opinions, and then there's facts.  The fact is that pro sports is about selling tickets and getting TV views.  As stated, that's literally the exact reason it exists, and the reason that rules are usually in place to aid the stars, protect the QBs, and create more excitement, sometimes at the detriment of team play and fundamentals.

You don't like the Cavs?  Fine, that's your opinion (even if your reasoning is absurd.)  Just don't say that pro sports is about playing as a team.  That's factually inaccurate.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Questions:

1. Why does George Hill think he's Kobe Bryant?

2. Why is Kendrick Perkins dressed?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Jaylen Brown's play is completely selfish tonight, and there's a real good chance it will come back to haunt the Celtics.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

My thoughts on this game so far: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually, my thought is the Celtics should have tried to be up by 20 by now. I think James is going to close them out.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, Kaz said:

Celtics playing like absolute dog :censored: and only down 3 points

On the other side of that... Cavaliers playing like absolute dog :censored: and up by 3 points

Ugly game.  Rozier trying to posterize LeBron was just such a bad idea.

IUe6Hvh.png

Cavs & Celtics are literally taking turns being :censored: each quarter. 

Lebron got this unfortunately. 

Doomed to another to another boring as :censored: NBA Finals. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

Korver's having himself a bad game tonight. But if you look at the box score, George Hill is +17!!

Also, pretty tight foul calls, which can explain 64-64 in the fourth. This game is gross.

GREAT  Cavs-Warriors IV? 

Thank god Lebron is leaving and The Cavs will sink back into Lake Erie after they get butt:censored:ed by The Warriors again. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

31 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Cavs & Celtics are literally taking turns being :censored: each quarter. 

Lebron got this unfortunately. 

Doomed to another to another boring as :censored: NBA Finals. 

Maybe you should stop watching the NBA, and stop posting here since every post you make is a cut/paste of every other one.  

We get it.  You hate Lebron.  You hate teams that are good for years on end.  You're a miserable dude and are bringing others down.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I rarely watch the NBA (only really will if the Celtics are deep into the playoffs), largely because of Pau Gasol flopping after Rasheed Wallace's jersey touched his nose in 2010, but one of the reasons I don't usually watch is because to me there is no discernible difference between a regular season game and a playoff game. This honestly just felt like an overhyped regular season game.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 minute ago, Red Wolf said:

LeBron is just so good. I know that gets said a lot, but it keeps being true. 

Holy :censored:. That was the most clinical elimination by one player of another team I think I've ever seen.

2 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

LeBron is just so good. I know that gets said a lot, but it keeps being true. 

He’s the best player I’ve ever seen. Anyone that doesn’t enjoy watching him doesn’t like basketball. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

This is embarrassing.  The Celtics have bricked 3s all night, so naturally when put into a game-changing offensive rebound scenario, they dump a few brick-ass 3's and LeBron's totally okay with that.  James remains the greatest of the modern era.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, and Marcus Smart shot a combined 7 of 41. Rozier took 4 shots in the final two minutes. Completely selfish basketball.

:censored: the NBA

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived