2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

It's sad that Cleveland is likely going to get blasted by whoever comes out of the West again. I remember after the second series between Golden State and Cleveland that my second preference for the NBA Finals the next season was Warriors vs. Cavaliers III. Then Kevin Durant went and killed basketball. /s 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Maybe you should stop watching the NBA, and stop posting here since every post you make is a cut/paste of every other one.  

We get it.  You hate Lebron.  You hate teams that are good for years on end.  You're a miserable dude and are bringing others down.

I was thinking of creating a "bitch about sports here" thread. Ozyman and that SabresRules guy could go to town.

Eight years in a row! In the 2010s! Who does this?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

LeBron James has carried a team to the Finals more than anyone since LeBron James in 2007.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Cavs and LeBron should enjoy this while they can. No matter where he goes, with Irving and Hayward back, Boston’s gonna romp through the East. Only team that might give them a run is Philly and that’s unlikely. 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Brass said:

I rarely watch the NBA (only really will if the Celtics are deep into the playoffs), largely because of Pau Gasol flopping after Rasheed Wallace's jersey touched his nose in 2010, but one of the reasons I don't usually watch is because to me there is no discernible difference between a regular season game and a playoff game. This honestly just felt like an overhyped regular season game.

It was a game 7 with a young team that played really tense against a veteran team that had half its roster. Sometimes it's like that.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, Crabcake47 said:

The Cavs and LeBron should enjoy this while they can. No matter where he goes, with Irving and Hayward back, Boston’s gonna romp through the East. Only team that might give them a run is Philly and that’s unlikely. 

Philly with LeBron. If LeBron goes west, Boston is going to the finals.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If the Celtics know what's good for them they'll get rid of Rozier, Smart, and Morris. Doesn't matter what you get back, you're a better team subtracting them outright. You're not going to win with guys who are that bad at shooting yet that insistent that they be the ones to take the shot. That stunning mix of selfishness and incompetence cost the Celtics the series when it was theirs for the taking.

Brown just had a bad game. He was feeling the pressure. Wasn't ready.

5 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Gonna be a repeat of 07 

Dubs/Rockets in 4 

Thanks for the update - I had forgotten how you felt, since it had been almost 10 minutes since the last time you posted it, you sad, miserable person.

Sports is entertainment.  Entertainment is supposed to make you feel good, otherwise it's... well, not entertaining.  This sport is not for you - that's fine.

Why do you want to feel pain?  Why do you hate yourself and want to punish yourself?  STOP WATCHING and STOP POSTING. 

The rest of us are in awe of Lebron, and don't need your sad miserable ass chiming in every 30 seconds with the same old crap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

Thanks for the update - I had forgotten how you felt, since it had been almost 10 minutes since the last time you posted it, you sad, miserable person.

Sports is entertainment.  Entertainment is supposed to make you feel good, otherwise it's... well, not entertaining.

Why do you want to feel pain?  Why do you hate yourself and want to punish yourself?  STOP WATCHING and STOP POSTING. 

The rest of us are in awe of Lebron, and don't need your sad miserable ass chiming in every 30 seconds with the same old crap.

Sometimes entertainment has to make you feel bad as well. Watching the Cubs finally win the World Series meant so much because of all the pain. Elway winning those back-to-back Super Bowls meant so much because of the previous Super Bowl failures. The Colts beating the Pats and then winning the Super Bowl felt so good because of how the Patriots had tormented Indy. 

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Greatest NBA Finalist of all time. I appreciate it.

No one's done more with less. Jordan was a favorite in all 6 of his Finals, as well as that 95 series against the Magic. LeBron has only lost the one Finals (2011) where his team was objectively better.

Oh, and I completely agree that Boston is going to run the East next year. If I were James, I would take the year off. Or sign with a team in January.

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Were the Brady Police on the beat like this after all his games?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just now, DG_Now said:

Oh, and I completely agree that Boston is going to run the East next year. If I were James, I would take the year off. Or sign with a team in January.

Go play minor league baseball for a couple of years, and make a Space Jam. Complete the circle. 

1 minute ago, Red Wolf said:

Sometimes entertainment has to make you feel bad as well. Watching the Cubs finally win the World Series meant so much because of all the pain. Elway winning those back-to-back Super Bowls meant so much because of the previous Super Bowl failures. The Colts beating the Pats and then winning the Super Bowl felt so good because of how the Patriots had tormented Indy. 

I used to feel that way when I was younger.  Now, I think that's garbage.

1. There's no guarantee of a payoff, so all that "pain" could be for naught, and you're just punching yourself for no reason.

2.  I have better things to deal with than a crappy team, so if there's no good storyline (like seeing how a young player is doing, or someone on the other team) I just don't watch the games.  I watched half (or less) of the Eagles games in '16, and it didn't impact my enjoyment of their championship at all.

3.  It just doesn't matter.  It really doesn't.  I don't know your (or anyone else's here) life situation, but sports really doesn't matter.  Have fun with it.  Be a bandwagon fan of your own team.  

You get a lot more enjoyment if you spend your time on the enjoyable parts and just find something else to do when it sucks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived