2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Warriors' luck factor feels kind of overrated, like people just need another reason to be mad at them. Hasn't Stephen Curry missed a lot of time over the years? What about when Steve Kerr's back fell out or whatever and they didn't have their great coach? They overcame that. That has to count for something.

I've been on the lucky Warriors since 2015 and feel vindicated the national conversation is finally catching up. Please don't take this away from me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think it was when the Phillies were in the midst of their 5-year run as an elite team that I realized that it was the party aspect of it and the fun (because philly sports hadn’t exactly been fun in my lifetime up until then) that was what it was about, and the guys on the field were simply there to provide the excuse to have the party or go to the game. When they fail, I’m only pissed because there’s nothing to watch next week. I hope the eagles make the playoffs not because I give a F about the players, It’s just an excuse to have people over or go out somewhere and have fun. If they don’t make it, I’ll just find some other excuse to do fun things - or maybe I’ll just do things without feeling like I need an excuse. Not sure how that works though. 

It also irks irks me when people complain about bandwagon fans. Bandwagon fans are just fans that have their priorities in order. 

This is exactly how sports work outside of the dorks (like me). It's also the best way to experience them, especially baseball. I love going to the minor league Arkansas Travelers games with some friends. Nobody really cares who wins. Even if we were super dorks who cared about our favorite teams' farm system it doesn't matter since nobody around here cares about the Mariners (Travs are a farm team for them) anyway. The whole point is to go sit in the heat, drink a bunch of beers, and clap a few times. Hell, you might even get so preoccupied talking and drinking that a couple innings pass without you noticing, and that's really the best way to enjoy baseball.

4 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

the lesser team that doesn't defend hard, play hard, and has the worst coach to ever win a championship?

Oh, come on.

I don’t know how you come out from watching game 7 tonight arguing that the Cavs don’t defend hard or play hard. They held Boston under 80 points on the road.

Also: Ty Lue out-coached Steve Kerr in 2016, and he out-coached the great, venerated Brad Stevens tonight. He’s had a lot of moments in these playoffs where he’s had his head up his ass, but he’s hardly some awful coach.

6fQjS3M.png

Just now, Seadragon76 said:

I would prefer to see Houston-Cleveland in the Finals, but if it's Warriors-Cavaliers Round 4.... then I'm fine with it. The NBA is pretty much a superstar driven league and this match up is a ratings bonanza for them. Hell, having Houston in the finals could have the same effect because of Harden.

Fact of the matter is this... LeBron is that good. He has been in 8 straight NBA Finals. That is a record that may never be broken. Enjoy this now because once the Finals and the Draft ends, the only thing that is going to matter is if LeBron decides to either stay put, go elsewhere or (what I think he should do) retire on top as a champion.

Except for this guy. 

nba-g-russell-400.jpg

and this guy

sam-jones-iso-shoots-ft-archive.jpg?itok

and THIS guy

Tommy_2008_Celtics.jpg

10, 9, and 9 consecutive appearances respectively

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Oh, come on.

I don’t know how you come out from watching game 7 tonight arguing that the Cavs don’t defend hard or play hard. They held Boston under 80 points on the road.

Also: Ty Lue out-coached Steve Kerr in 2016, and he out-coached the great, venerated Brad Stevens tonight. He’s had a lot of moments in these playoffs where he’s had his head up his ass, but he’s hardly some awful coach.

Please. A fire hydrant could have coached the 2016 Cavs. Lue is a product of LeBron.

He is not a 'coach.' He is LeBron's puppet. You think he can coach elsewhere?

Oh... didn't realize that. Still, LeBron has just about everything a player of his caliber could ever want: MVP's, All Star appearances, multiple championships, records.

What else is there for him to do?

2 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Please. A fire hydrant could have coached the 2016 Cavs. Lue is a product of LeBron.

He is not a 'coach.' He is LeBron's puppet. You think he can coach elsewhere?

Hard to complain about this when the Warriors literally coached themselves in a game. 

1 minute ago, Seadragon76 said:

Oh... didn't realize that. Still, LeBron has just about everything a player of his caliber could ever want: MVP's, All Star appearances, multiple championships, records.

What else is there for him to do?

Not trying to take anything away from LeBron, haha. I mostly just wanted to post that picture of Tommy Heinson.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

5 minutes ago, the admiral said:

There were like ten teams and at least three of them were run out of the back of a single station wagon!

The Celtics only had to win one playoff series to get to the Finals in 9 of those 10 years! The Cavs have won more consecutive series to get to the Finals in 4 years than the Celtics did in 10.

6fQjS3M.png

1 minute ago, Kaz said:
  1. Moar rings
  2. Attempting a minor league baseball career
  3. Space Jam 2
  4. Having his own standalone shoe brand
  5. Be a GM and owner of an NBA franchise

I've heard of people saying that they wanted to 'Be Like Mike', but that's ridiculous... even for me.

Say what you will, but Jordan was never as funny in a movie as LeBron was in Trainwreck.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, crashcarson15 said:

The Celtics only had to win one playoff series to get to the Finals in 9 of those 10 years! The Cavs have won more consecutive series to get to the Finals in 4 years than the Celtics did in 10.

In fairness, LeBron never had to go through the powerhouse Syracuse Nationals.

1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

Say what you will, but Jordan was never as funny in a movie as LeBron was in Trainwreck.

Next you're going to tell me that Jordan had a better supporting cast, too (Bugs Bunny : Amy Schumer)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

20 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

I would prefer to see Houston-Cleveland in the Finals, but if it's Warriors-Cavaliers Round 4....

If the Cavs win this one, they'll be tied 2-2, with 2 titles each. Next year's inevitable Cavs/Warriors Final would be the tie breaker for their best of 5.

10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Next you're going to tell me that Jordan had a better supporting cast, too (Bugs Bunny : Amy Schumer)

One day you might like something B)

One thing that's good is Tristan Thompson appears to be back.

If Jordan Clarkson stays glued to the bench, the Cavs might have a chance. LOL they don't.

Archived