Recommended Posts

Rozier's trade value may have taken a bit of a hit with that dud of a performance :/

 

Hellava run by the Celtics this year, but the last two games really showed how important having a real finisher like Kyrie is to winning in the playoffs.

 

Go Dubs; mercy kill these fools so we can get on with the craziness that will be the 2018 NBA Offseason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaz said:

Rozier's trade value may have taken a bit of a hit with that dud of a performance :/

 

Hellava run by the Celtics this year, but the last two games really showed how important having a real finisher like Kyrie is to winning in the playoffs.

 

Go Dubs; mercy kill these fools so we can get on with the craziness that will be the 2018 NBA Offseason 

 

This team with Kyrie and an even more experienced Taco Jay is going to be real tough to stop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the admiral said:

 

Were the Brady Police on the beat like this after all his games?

 

Brady is the GOAT and I think that the Patriots (and dynasties in general) are good for sports.  I kinda hate all the "screw the Patriots" talk, because it's all just jealousy - and as a fan of the Super Bowl Champion Eagles, a team that hasn't won anything up until this year, it used to be hard for me to appreciate the good things that were happening in the leagues, simply because of envy.  Watching Brady succeed or fail is entertaining.  There was one game in particular that he lost this past season that I felt was the most entertaining thing I've ever seen.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cavs vs Warriors.

 

Surpriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisseee!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reaction to the Patriots is always the same: best coach, best QB, :censored: 'em.

 

Also, basketball is more joyful to watch than football because these guys should all be alive in 30 years. No guarantees in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking the field in the east against Lebron is about the dumbest thing you could possibly do. Damn that guy is good, but equally, DAMN the rest of that conference is bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I don't believe they were overwhelming favorites, or favorites at all, in 1993 and one of the Utahs.

 

 

Basketball nerd consensus is you could make a case for 91 against the Lakers, 93 against the Sun and 98 against the Jazz. However, the 2-3-2 format made it easier when they had the worse record (98) to build up a series lead.

 

But even still, Jordan was never the underwhelming favorite the way James was in 2007, 2015, 2016, 2017 and will be in 2018. Those Heat teams were amazing (for the first three years, at least), but his Cavs supporting cast has never been as consistent as the Jordan Bulls.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Taking the field in the east against Lebron is about the dumbest thing you could possibly do. Damn that guy is good, but equally, DAMN the rest of that conference is bad. 

 

If Kyrie were playing, I bet it's a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

I used to feel that way when I was younger.  Now, I think that's garbage.

 

1. There's no guarantee of a payoff, so all that "pain" could be for naught, and you're just punching yourself for no reason.

2.  I have better things to deal with than a crappy team, so if there's no good storyline (like seeing how a young player is doing, or someone on the other team) I just don't watch the games.  I watched half (or less) of the Eagles games in '16, and it didn't impact my enjoyment of their championship at all.

3.  It just doesn't matter.  It really doesn't.  I don't know your (or anyone else's here) life situation, but sports really doesn't matter.  Have fun with it.  Be a bandwagon fan of your own team.  

 

You get a lot more enjoyment if you spend your time on the enjoyable parts and just find something else to do when it sucks.

You're not wrong about a guaranteed payoff. Marino's Dolphins and the Vikings and Browns for all eternity. But the painful losses don't come from the crap teams you ignore. They come from the teams that go on runs and have expectations. The teams that almost make it all the way. As a fan you pretty much have to accept that your team is probably not winning it all in a given year unless you root for some superpower of European soccer.

 

You're right that it doesn't matter. I watched and attended fewer Grizzlies games this year than I did last year because they sucked and were tanking. I still went to a few games just to see friends and hang out, but I wasn't nearly as invested. I still followed the league, but that's just because I enjoy the sport as well as the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Congratulations to the single least deserving fanbase in basketball.

What's wrong with fans of the Cavs? They didn't do anything wrong. Well, i mean, they sort of did if you count burning the jerseys, but we've all had poor impulses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

You're not wrong about a guaranteed payoff. Marino's Dolphins and the Vikings and Browns for all eternity. But the painful losses don't come from the crap teams you ignore. They come from the teams that go on runs and have expectations. The teams that almost make it all the way. As a fan you pretty much have to accept that your team is probably not winning it all in a given year unless you root for some superpower of European soccer.

 

You're right that it doesn't matter. I watched and attended fewer Grizzlies games this year than I did last year because they sucked and were tanking. I still went to a few games just to see friends and hang out, but I wasn't nearly as invested. I still followed the league, but that's just because I enjoy the sport as well as the team. 

 

I think it was when the Phillies were in the midst of their 5-year run as an elite team that I realized that it was the party aspect of it and the fun (because philly sports hadn’t exactly been fun in my lifetime up until then) that was what it was about, and the guys on the field were simply there to provide the excuse to have the party or go to the game. When they fail, I’m only pissed because there’s nothing to watch next week. I hope the eagles make the playoffs not because I give a F about the players, It’s just an excuse to have people over or go out somewhere and have fun. If they don’t make it, I’ll just find some other excuse to do fun things - or maybe I’ll just do things without feeling like I need an excuse. Not sure how that works though. 

 

It also irks irks me when people complain about bandwagon fans. Bandwagon fans are just fans that have their priorities in order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't enjoyed an Eastern Conference Championship this much since 2007. Sure my Cavs will probably get swept. But I'm really just enjoying the ride. Please win tomorrow Rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Taking the field in the east against Lebron is about the dumbest thing you could possibly do. Damn that guy is good, but equally, DAMN the rest of that conference is bad. 

I find the “East sucks” narrative to be particularly tiring when Golden State’s first two rounds were against a Kawhi-less Spurs and a Boogie-less Pelicans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think it was when the Phillies were in the midst of their 5-year run as an elite team that I realized that it was the party aspect of it and the fun (because philly sports hadn’t exactly been fun in my lifetime up until then) that was what it was about, and the guys on the field were simply there to provide the excuse to have the party or go to the game. When they fail, I’m only pissed because there’s nothing to watch next week. I hope the eagles make the playoffs not because I give a F about the players, It’s just an excuse to have people over or go out somewhere and have fun. If they don’t make it, I’ll just find some other excuse to do fun things - or maybe I’ll just do things without feeling like I need an excuse. Not sure how that works though. 

 

It also irks irks me when people complain about bandwagon fans. Bandwagon fans are just fans that have their priorities in order. 

 

Playing fandom patrol eventually gets to be as much of a downer as SabresRule's constant woe-is-me. I know everything is meaningless and everyone is stupid except you, but sometimes I like being stupid! It's fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the WARRIORS LUCKY thing might go up another level if they win tomorrow. No CP3 AND getting the lesser team that doesn't defend hard, play hard, and has the worst coach to ever win a championship?

 

That might send GSW haters over the edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Warriors' luck factor feels kind of overrated, like people just need another reason to be mad at them. Hasn't Stephen Curry missed a lot of time over the years? What about when Steve Kerr's back fell out or whatever and they didn't have their great coach? They overcame that. That has to count for something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

I find the “East sucks” narrative to be particularly tiring when Golden State’s first two rounds were against a Kawhi-less Spurs and a Boogie-less Pelicans.

 

These current Warriors have only really had to sweat the 2016 Thunder and the 2018 Rockets. Otherwise, they've played injured or bad teams. They are an amazing basketball team! But they've also had a lot go their way too.

 

They're like the rich kids in any high school sports movie. (Which is stupid because they're all rich kids.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now