Just now, Bucfan56 said:

No Chris Paul tonight. No Iguodala though, either. 

I'm sorry. There's another thread for NBA discussion somewhere. This is the place where we gang up on some Bay state bozo for his bad sports opinions.

Paul is officially out? That's a shame. I was hoping for a Willis Reed moment.

1 minute ago, Bucfan56 said:

No Chris Paul tonight. No Iguodala though, either. 

Warriors win, basketball is dead, all is lost. 

Well, it's gonna take a miracle. Otherwise..... I think non-casual fans and those outside Oakland/Cleveland will tune out the rematch to the rematch to the rematch.

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The teams he's faced in the Finals are some of the greatest teams of all time. Sure, they were better than the East - but guess what? They were better than everyone else in the West too. They were also a lot better than any team Jordan faced in the Finals.

Where was all this outrage over a team's path to the Finals when the Showtime Lakers were facing the 41-41 Suns or the 39-43 Sonics in the WCF? It never seemed to matter until LeBron started making deep playoff runs and his haters needed an excuse to discredit him.

Difference- the showtime Lakers did have moments of mortality in the West. Houston got em twice, Suns in 1990, two seven-game series in 1988.

They got tripped up here and there. LeBron has not had that happen to him in 8 years. Those Lakers made 4 in a row, lost in '86, 3 more Finals trips, a loss to the Suns, then 1 more.

And how is that a knock on Lebron? If anything, it shows just how hard that is to do. 

2 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

It isn’t really when you acknowledge the fact he’s had next to no Competition for it. 

You have to be a real Lebron fanboy to think him keeping down such an inferior conference for nearly a decade is some major accomplishment. 

And would he have made 8 straight in The West? Considering his struggles against those teams, almost certainly not. 

Why is it so difficult to simply acknowledge the fact his dominance may just be a bit inflated by the fact he’s taken advantage of a weaker conference that hasn’t offered him a real challenge in years (this Cavs team just shows he’s really just handicapping himself at this point). 

Like no :censored: he is one of The Greats, but maybe the guy with a 3-6 Finals record isn’t quite as dominant as you think. 

So considering your take is the East s trash and he wouldn't make the Finals as often in the West would having made 3 Finals and having a 3-0 Finals record beating up on whatever team of bums came out the East be more impressive?  

8 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

If he basically swept his way to The Finals like last year with this roster that’d Be impressive 

but it even then a majority of people had The Cavs in The Finals even with this :censored:ty team.

It’s basically like putting Peyton Manning on an Arena Football League and bragging about him making 8 straight championships. 

And if MJ hadn’t decided to play baseball he 100% would have done it first. With actual Competition too. 

If he was truly as dominant he wouldn’t have a 3-6 record in The Finals. 

I mean, it certainly seems odd that he looks so dominant against “strong” east teams, but as soon as he faces a strong West team he falters. 

I’m sorry I don’t think he deserves credit for taking advantage of a weak conference. 

If he goes out West to The Kings or Suns and makes The Finals with them, I’ll take everything back. 

I agree, it's hard to give credit to LeBron for being dominant unless he sweeps through the West, the 96 Bulls, the 86 Celtics, the Bad Boy Pistons, the Showtime Lakers, the Dream Team and the Monstars playing 1 on 5. If he does that I'll take everything back

It isn’t really when you acknowledge the fact he’s had next to no Competition for it. 

Except he did. He didn't beat a bunch of NAIA schools. He beat 14 of the 30 best basketball teams in the world. Every year. For 8 years. Nobody else has done that. Nobody else has come close to doing that. 

You have to be a real Lebron fanboy to think him keeping down such an inferior conference for nearly a decade is some major accomplishment. 

No you don't. You just have to understand what's really happening. "nearly a decade" - That's why it's a major accomplishment. 

26 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

So considering your take is the East s trash and he wouldn't make the Finals as often in the West would having made 3 Finals and having a 3-0 Finals record beating up on whatever team of bums came out the East be more impressive?  

Well, Would Lebron still be considered this absolute dominant force of nature if he actually lost a few series in the playoffs? 

And if you don't think The East is weaker, do you honestly believe Lebron would be able to pull off the exact same streak in The West? 

31 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

I agree, it's hard to give credit to LeBron for being dominant unless he sweeps through the West, the 96 Bulls, the 86 Celtics, the Bad Boy Pistons, the Showtime Lakers, the Dream Team and the Monstars playing 1 on 5. If he does that I'll take everything back

Yeah I mean 8 straight years of dominance in the East is sooo impressive after how much he struggled against them. :rolleyes: 

Considering free agents have been ducking the east for a decade to avoid LeBron, yes, I think he could have had similar success in the West. It would have been a different story due to the West's generally better record in the draft, but, yeah, I could see a world where peak LeBron upends whatever conference he's in.

Speaking of the West, heck of a game so far. Reggie (or was it Webber?) was right -- the refs took the opportunity for 6 points away from Harden. Those were two really bad no calls at the 3-point line. Houston's defense has been incredible; it's kind of a miracle Golden State is only down 11. Houston probably needed to be up 20 to have a fighting chance in the third, but we'll see!

This entire discussion is based on the premise that all superstars’ supporting casts are created equal.  There is no Pippen on this team.  There is no Shaq. There is no no Horace Grant.  Hell, there’s no BJ Armstrong.  He’s doing it as close to by himself.  It’s a team game.  And a lot of circumstances go into his 3-6 Finals record, including an all-time opponent the likes of which Has not stood in the way of any superstar in my memory.

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Considering free agents have been ducking the east for a decade to avoid LeBron, yes, I think he could have had similar success in the West. It would have been a different story due to the West's generally better record in the draft, but, yeah, I could see a world where peak LeBron upends whatever conference he's in.

Yeah, you’re either delusional or a massive fanboy if you think Lebron sees the same success in The West as he does in The East when he would have to go through Kobe’s Lakes, The Spurs, and now The Warriors before making The Finals. 

What kind of Competition has The East has compared to that? 

9 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

This entire discussion is based on the premise that all superstars’ supporting casts are created equal.  There is no Pippen on this team.  There is no Shaw.  There is no no Horace Grant.  Hell, there’s no BJ Armstrong.  He’s doing it as close to by himself.  It’s a team game.  And a lot of circumstances go into his 3-6 Finals record, including an all-time opponent the likes of which Has not stood in the way of any superstar in my memory.

Sure, it's impressive what Jordan did, but be still my heart, just think of what LeBron ought to have done!

Yeah, you’re either delusional or a massive fanboy if you think Lebron sees the same success in The West as he does in The East when he would have to go through Kobe’s Lakes, The Spurs, and now The Warriors before making The Finals. 

What kind of Competition has The East has compared to that? 

STOP CAPITALIZING THE

3 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

fanboy

LeBron could have chosen the Clippers over Miami if Donald Sterling hadn't still owned the team.  I have no problem seeing him win there.  Imagine if they had still traded for CP3.

Say the Memphis Grizzlies drafted LeBron instead of Cleveland (which would have happened had they got the 1 pick instead of the 2 that they had to trade to Detroit). This was their 2003-2004 roster:

Shane Battier

Troy Bell

Pau Gasol

Ryan Humphrey

Dahntay Jones

Mike Miller

Bo Outlaw

Wesley Person

James Posey

Theron Smith

Stromile Swift

Jake Tsakalidis

Earl Watson

Bonzi Wells

Jason Williams

Lorenzen Wright

That team went 50-32 and made the playoffs. They ended up getting swept by the Spurs, but you don't think that roster with LeBron James doesn't end up becoming an eventual western conference powerhouse? Especially with Jerry West as the GM?  I'm not saying Battier/James/Gasol/Miller/Williams is the greatest team of all time, but I bet you it gets a lot easier to attract 2004 free agents like Marcus Camby, Robert Horry, and Steve Nash.

And I'm really annoyed I'm looking this because Ozyman won't understand why I'm doing so.

That's three three point foul opportunities they've taken away from Harden. If the Warriors win by 9 points or less, that will be tough to swallow. Also, the Rockets should try making a shot once in a while.

The mid-2000s Grizzlies were a nice feel-good story. Wish they did better than they did.

The same :censored: is happening in Q3 tonight that happened in game 6. This reffing doesn't make sense.

That should do it.  

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The same :censored: is happening in Q3 tonight that happened in game 6. This reffing doesn't make sense.

NBA officiating is garbage. It's frustrating to watch as a basketball fan and I know it has to be hard on the players too. Having said that, I'm also tired of seeing the star player constantly talking at the refs, just play.