2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

Poor Blazers.  What a :censored: end to an otherwise good season.

New Orleans is kind of looking unbeatable.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Poor Blazers.  What a :censored: end to an otherwise good season.

New Orleans is kind of looking unbeatable.

That will quickly change when they face the Golden State buzzsaw in the 2nd round. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

16 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

I had a feeling Portland was a bit of a paper tiger. 

They had games where they looked unbeatable and games where they looked like :censored:s.

They decided to be the latter for the playoffs, but also, Anthony Davis is peaking at the exact right time.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I mean, it's Portland. When have they done :censored: in the playoffs? 

Won the whole shebang in '77, made the finals in '90 and '92.  Would have won the whole shebang again in 2000 if they hadn't just completely self destructed in the 4th Quarter of Game 7 against the Lakers in the WCF.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

10 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I mean, it's Portland. When have they done :censored: in the playoffs? 

There is basketball that happens outside of the Boston Celtics. The Blazers have made the playoffs the past five seasons and made the second round in two of them. That's not the best in the league, but it's also not nothing.

1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

There is basketball that happens outside of the Boston Celtics. The Blazers have made the playoffs the past five seasons and made the second round in two of them. That's not the best in the league, but it's also not nothing.

That's kind of my point. 

they're the NBA equivalent of the Capitals or Wild. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

What does "do :censored:" in the playoffs even mean? Since 2000, these teams have won the Finals: Lakers, Pistons, Spurs, Celtics, Heat, Cavs, Warriors, Mavs (that's off the top of my head). During that same time, the Wizards, Kings, Pacers, Thunder, Nuggets, T-Wolves, Suns and Rockets have made runs. They haven't won, but they've gone to the second or third round multiple times. Does that count as "doing :censored:"?

So many teams like the Nets, Hornets, and several others are sitting on their dicks year-in and year-out. They've love to have the success the Blazers have had.

40 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

What does "do :censored:" in the playoffs even mean? Since 2000, these teams have won the Finals: Lakers, Pistons, Spurs, Celtics, Heat, Cavs, Warriors, Mavs (that's off the top of my head). During that same time, the Wizards, Kings, Pacers, Thunder, Nuggets, T-Wolves, Suns and Rockets have made runs. They haven't won, but they've gone to the second or third round multiple times. Does that count as "doing :censored:"?

So many teams like the Nets, Hornets, and several others are sitting on their dicks year-in and year-out. They've love to have the success the Blazers have had.

Like I said, they're the NBA equivalent of the Minnesota Wild or Washington Capitals. 

A great regular season, constantly squandered by quietly whimpering in the 1st or 2nd round. 

Sheesh, no need to be so defensive about it. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

I have a feeling that if Utah wins the title with these orange city jerseys, they'll be here to stay and will rank higher than the 90s jerseys that took them to two Finals.

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The Blazers have made the playoffs the past five seasons and made the second round in two of them. That's not the best in the league, but it's also not nothing.

Almost exactly what the Clippers did, and every basketball fan on the planet was yelling that that was a failure and they needed to blow it up. Guess the Blazers have to trade Lillard and blow it up too, then.

Props to Alvin Gentry for maximizing the talent on that team. Look at what AD, Jrue and Rondo are doing so far:

Davis: 33ppg, 12rpg, 2.7bpg

Holiday: 27.8ppg, 4rpg, 6.5 apg

Rondo: 11.3ppg, 7.5 rpg, 13.3 apg

Even Nikola Mirotic has been huge for them (averaged 18/9 against POR). The Pels defense forced Lillard to either get rid of the ball or take contested shots, which resulted in him shooting a dismal 35% from the field. The Rondo/Jrue combo has been outstanding for them on the defensive end. I'm just not sure how they'll fair against GS with or without Curry, because even if they find a way to trap Durant and get the ball out of his hands, I don't see how they're going to be able stop Klay from knocking down open three's and vice versa.

As for Utah, I've been blown away by how well Ricky Rubio has been playing. I also forgot how loud that Utah crowd can get when that team is on a roll. Still not a fan of the sunset jerseys though.

58 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

It doesn't matter...everyone is playing for second best to the Sixers

(I'm kidding, of course)

Jmac’s realistic, slightly pessimistic Philly fandom is the perfect foil to BBTV’s “BEN SIMMONS IS THE GOAT” fandom. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Jmac’s realistic, slightly pessimistic Philly fandom is the perfect foil to BBTV’s “BEN SIMMONS IS THE GOAT” fandom. 

Find one post where I said that. Just one. I’ll sit here and wait. 

As for the playoffs, I challenge you to find a team that can win even one game in a series against the sixers with Embiid playing. So far, none of the teams in the entire league have been able to. If you’d like to argue that fact, I’m all ears. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Find one post where I said that. Just one. I’ll sit here and wait. 

It was an exaggeration. Plus, my post wasn't really about you saying that. It was about contrasting the styles between you and jmac. For example...

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

As for the playoffs, I challenge you to find a team that can win even one game in a series against the sixers with Embiid playing. So far, none of the teams in the entire league have been able to. If you’d like to argue that fact, I’m all ears. 

This is a very rah-rah kind of post, celebrating how good the Sixers are and stating it very matter of fact-ly. It's optimism and it's not super reserved either. Which is fine, you have a good basketball team, celebrate it. But it's a marked contrast to this...

5 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

It doesn't matter...everyone is playing for second best to the Sixers

(I'm kidding, of course)

Which is a bit more subdued and slightly more pessimistic. 

I wasn't trying to get on you. Just making an observation, albeit exaggerating for some comedic effect which may or may not have landed. 

spacer.png

I think you take me, and things in general a little too seriously. 

Besides, I’m not going to ever apologize for my lifelong die-hard love of the sixers (that I’ve had for two weeks now). 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, DG_Now said:

But the system makes it so they’ll never draft high enough for a great player, and they can’t sign a superstar, so they are what they are - a team in desperate need of a guy like...

... Sam Hinkie. 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

But the system makes it so they’ll never draft high enough for a great player, and they can’t sign a superstar, so they are what they are - a team in desperate need of a guy like...

... Sam Hinkie. 

Sorry, the NBA isn't going to quietly sit back and let the last PNW market get murdered in the name of raking in lots of cash by not trying for 5 years.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived