2 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I think Lebron also sees big picture and appreciates what being visible in LA could do for him post-basketball.

Does that really make a difference for someone like Lebron though?  I'd understand for someone like Paul George, but Lebron has likely already reached a level of popularity/greatness where he doesn't need LA or New York to sustain his popularity post-basketball.

2 hours ago, RaginRonic said:

What about Toronto? =P

Then they would truly be Lebronto :P

If he didn't look so dejected and spent this series I'd think that him staying another year in Cleveland would be almost a certain lock because there are no better options on the table (join the Lakers and babysit with Paul "Clutch" George? lmao).  However, I'm not so sure anymore; somehow joining Houston or Boston is probably his only realistic chance of beating the Warriors, but I just don't see either happening.  If somehow he can demand a sign-and-trade to the Wizards for Otto Porter Jr or whoever needs to go to make the money work, can he make that work?  They already can't seem to take two chefs in the kitchen, I can't imagine them with another.

Cleveland for one more year seems like the best option, but he really looks like he's sick of all of his teammates

43 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Does that really make a difference for someone like Lebron though?  I'd understand for someone like Paul George, but Lebron has likely already reached a level of popularity/greatness where he doesn't need LA or New York to sustain his popularity post-basketball.

Then they would truly be Lebronto :P

If he didn't look so dejected and spent this series I'd think that him staying another year in Cleveland would be almost a certain lock because there are no better options on the table (join the Lakers and babysit with Paul "Clutch" George? lmao).  However, I'm not so sure anymore; somehow joining Houston or Boston is probably his only realistic chance of beating the Warriors, but I just don't see either happening.  If somehow he can demand a sign-and-trade to the Wizards for Otto Porter Jr or whoever needs to go to make the money work, can he make that work?  They already can't seem to take two chefs in the kitchen, I can't imagine them with another.

Cleveland for one more year seems like the best option, but he really looks like he's sick of all of his teammates

As well he should.

If he's thinking about sticking around in Cleveland, he may wait it out to see whether the Cavs can do something. He's clearly getting frustrated.  I don't see a scenario in which they are as good as Golden State, but one more star-quality player would make his life a lot easier and make things a bit more competitive.  But If Cleveland wants to stand pat, I have to wonder whether he gets out just because he's burned out.

Assuming good health and today's rosters, I think either Boston or Philly wins the East next year.  And LeBron's essentially playing to amass career stats, which is why I think retirement is a long shot, but a possibility.

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

26 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

As well he should.

No he should not be! He engineered the roster overhaul! This "make LeBron do everything and then bitch that he has to do everything" system is a real somethin' and a half.

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

It's not about sustaining popularity. It's about running post-basketball investments, especially if he gets involved in a media or entertainment company. That's easier to do in LA than in Cleveland. Of course, he doesn't have to play in LA to move to LA after he retires, but just throwing out scenarios for what he could be thinking right now. 

Why not San Antonio? If Leonard and the Spurs can't reconcile do the players swap spots? Also, Cleveland has a lottery pick and I can see LeBron wanting to have the ability to pick a piece without league interference, i.e. bidding wars. JR Smith should be all but done with the Cavs stuck with his salary or most of it if they ship him out. If the best thing the Lakers offers other than money is Kyle Kuzma and Lonzo Ball I'd avoid them like the plague, even with Paul George there. 

If LeBron goes to the Lakers, they'll hit the ejector seat on the entire Ball family circus and let LeBron build the roster to fit his tastes. Then everyone will bitch that he has terrible support players and has to do everything himself.

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I think Lebron also sees big picture and appreciates what being visible in LA could do for him post-basketball.

Right.

Because when someone says LeBron, we all need clarification on which LeBron is being talked about.

It's amazing how different the inevitable Warriors championship celebration will be from what we just saw from the Caps.

14 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It's not about sustaining popularity. It's about running post-basketball investments, especially if he gets involved in a media or entertainment company. That's easier to do in LA than in Cleveland. Of course, he doesn't have to play in LA to move to LA after he retires, but just throwing out scenarios for what he could be thinking right now. 

He already has Uninterrupted

Gonna be interesting to see how, assuming GSW sweeps like we all think they will, they celebrate compared to the Capitals (and especially Ovy)

1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Gonna be interesting to see how, assuming GSW sweeps like we all think they will, they celebrate compared to the Capitals (and especially Ovy)

That's not interesting at all. 

8 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

He already has Uninterrupted

And.....

He has already established a production company.

http://shentertainment.com/about.html

He wants to do more than just that. LMMR, Spring Hill Entertainment, having a direct line to Warren Buffet and Carlos Slim illustrates that.

1 minute ago, Cartabago said:

This game and series are over... and there's still a quarter to be played.

It's like if the Juggernaut tore Deadpool in half or something. 

Just now, Wings said:

It's like if the Juggernaut tore Deadpool in half or something. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8238360

Cool, I like this. Fun show. 

Clearly this series was the Warriors vs LeBron as the rest of the Cavaliers didnt even bother to show up.

Just now, Dilbert said:

Clearly this series was the Warriors vs LeBron

#PostsFrom2015

#PostsFrom2017