21 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

This was basically the opposite of the Caps celebration last night.

Complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

In DC, the people celebrating were families and couples, older people.

Tonight, it's just idiots.

3 minutes ago, Needschat said:

Tonight, it's just idiots

*Californians

:rolleyes: 

And apprenty Lebron broke his hand after game 1 by punching a wall. Ok then. 

2 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

You know how NBA snobs make fun of NHL fans for running down all their players' undisclosed injuries at the end of a series?

Just now, Bucfan56 said:

anigif_sub-buzz-1810-1479875802-2.gif?do

LeBron Farnsworth

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Can't wait for Silver to spend another season punishing bad teams for trying to rebuild while ignoring the real issue with league parity. 🙄

Yet another passive endorsement of the process.  

55 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

For efficiency’s sake, just pass out the 2019 and 2020 trophies now.

I'd rather watch the Sixers win it, rather than them just raising banners without games occurring.

49 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Early 2019 prediction: Warriors win.

Incorrect.

36 minutes ago, Needschat said:

Tonight, it's just idiots.

And here we go with more of this.

The Caps and Cavs both blew winnable game 1's and yet the way they reacted after that could not have been more opposite.

I hope those two Finals home games were worth it for Cleveland. After what I saw tonight, the Boston Celtics deserved this a hell of a lot more. The better team lost the East Finals. Cavs would have been better off losing early.

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

anigif_sub-buzz-1810-1479875802-2.gif?do

Bugs works there! I guess he got tired of his bosses...

8 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Aren't teams required to disclose injuries?

Well, that's something else Adam Silver won't take action on as he fights for the Vig/"integrity fee" from states with gambling. Kinda hard to fight your case Adam, if his hand was injured in games 2-4.

3 hours ago, who do you think said:

LeBron joining the Warriors would be the funniest thing ever and fully expose him for what he is.

It would be funny to see all the LeBron haters who defend Durant's decision suddenly flip-flop and admit that joining the Warriors is a weak move if LeBron does it.

7 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I hope those two Finals home games were worth it for Cleveland. After what I saw tonight, the Boston Celtics deserved this a hell of a lot more. The better team lost the East Finals. Cavs would have been better off losing early.

Boston only has themselves to blame, same for Houston. 

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

It would be funny to see all the LeBron haters who defend Durant's decision suddenly flip-flop and admit that joining the Warriors is a weak move if LeBron does it.

They would still be OK with Durant.

Y'know, I'm not going to take anything away from Golden State in the sense that they're talented, deserve the rings they have and will be seen as one of the best dynasties ever. You have to concede those points, regardless if you like them or not. 

However from an outside or neutral fan perspective, it's just not a compelling story. Even during the Lakers/Celtics dominance in the 80's and the Bulls in the 90's, at least the Finals match-up was slightly different some years with Houston and Philly getting involved in the 80's and a new team almost every year for Chicago. Sure the outcome in each case didn't change much, but at least there was a small degree of fluctuation, which made it more compelling for different fans. At this point, I really don't get how you argue that dynasties are good for sports, especially when this one is grossly one-sided and has become predictable for many of us, with little change in store on the horizon.

I'm really enjoying Deadspin, after however many years of being the NBA's biggest cheerleader, turn on a dime and write a flood of articles declaring that basketball is Actually Bad because their little baby Bron-Bron got owned by the Warriors. Ohhhh it sustains me.

Don’t let anything in this thread distract you from the fact that Steve Kerr almost joined the Knicks as coach. 

1 hour ago, Alex Houston said:

Y'know, I'm not going to take anything away from Golden State in the sense that they're talented, deserve the rings they have and will be seen as one of the best dynasties ever. You have to concede those points, regardless if you like them or not. 

However from an outside or neutral fan perspective, it's just not a compelling story. Even during the Lakers/Celtics dominance in the 80's and the Bulls in the 90's, at least the Finals match-up was slightly different some years with Houston and Philly getting involved in the 80's and a new team almost every year for Chicago. Sure the outcome in each case didn't change much, but at least there was a small degree of fluctuation, which made it more compelling for different fans. At this point, I really don't get how you argue that dynasties are good for sports, especially when this one is grossly one-sided and has become predictable for many of us, with little change in store on the horizon.

If we're being honest: the Warriors are boring. There's a reason why the entire storyline surrounding their win is surrounding LeBron: his free agency decision, his Finals record, his legacy. There's a lot to talk about with those subjects. There's nothing to talk about with the Warriors. Four Hall of Famers stacking the deck just to beat one guy isn't particularly interesting. It's predictable and not fun to watch for neutral fans.