New Nike WNBA jerseys

TaylorMade

2 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

Is the Las Vegas team new for this year? Or have I just not given any attention to the WNBA?

The San Antonio Stars relocated to Vegas, and are now called the Las Vegas Aces.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

WNBA officially unveils Nike jersey designs

April 12, 2018 - 19:41 PM

Just as the NBA has finished its first full season with Nike as its new uniform and apparel provider, the WNBA is following suit and will be wearing Nike uniforms for the next season and beyond. The WNBA Draft is […]

Read More...

These suck. It’s a shame how they treat this league aesthetically. Template, sponsors in the place where the team name should be, and he oversized sponsor logos. There is no individual team style here at all. Who is who?

Im glad my hometown Aces look ok. Their name is on the jersey where it should be, and the sponsor logo is off to the side where it should be (if we have to have them that is).

Not good overall though.

1 minute ago, C-Reezy1000 said:

I expected Nike to put some thought and effort into them

I didn't. The league has already shown with the G League that originality is not a plan for the "minor league" teams to include the WNBA. They've looked like this for years now, Nike wasn't going to change anything other than the templates. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm a cynical guy, but I never dreamed that teams would start having uniforms completely devoid of team marks.  It looks like the majority of these do.  For some reason the Lynx have their logo on left side (and it's a nice logo) and a couple others have team wordmarks.  But most have nothing.  That's terrible.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Guest Wizza

Besides the wonk a donk piping, I always liked these templates since teams could customize it somewhat with the sides. Not all of them were good but it gave a little life to the teams that did

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source imageSee the source image

See the source image

See the source image

The shared template feels so cheap.  And the sponsor logos superseding the team logos feels corporate. This whole league feels cheap and corporate. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

There was a photo in my local paper about Kia Nurse getting drafted. I had to read the article to find out which team took her, because the team name was nowhere to be found on the jersey.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

21 minutes ago, nash61 said:

There was a photo in my local paper about Kia Nurse getting drafted. I had to read the article to find out which team took her, because the team name was nowhere to be found on the jersey.

The players have to get their names sponsored too?!

Archived