Miami Dolphins Era Fusion

SplashBoogie

With the new Miami Dolphins set a mere week away the time is running out to get concepts of what they could do in before it becomes what they should've done. I personally am a fan of the Dolphins current logo and unis, it's undeniable the fanbase longs for a return to the former set.

DanMG_kU0AAVrKg.jpg
DanMG_jUMAAYct7.jpg

I made the colors a blend of the 1974, 1996 and current logo to keep the colors lighter. The original plan was to keep the lineless look of the current logo and apply the '96 shape but the logo needs an outline to push the motion and tie down the teal. The script retains a retro/deco flow that I think is vital for any Miami team look.
DanMHCLU0AAr5tr.jpg
DanSo-bUQAAxKJu.jpg
DanSo-aUQAALBa3.jpg

The shell returns to pure white with a teal facemask. The uniforms keep similar pant striping to the current set but I pull striping from the popular throwbacks. For the alt uniforms I use the dark blue rather than the orange as a matter of preference through I may draft up an orange version later since it is definitely more "Miami". Insert NikeSpeak about new era, and fusion of past legacy and future success.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

i’d put the stripes from the white pants on the helmet. i’m also not sure how i feel about the orange pants, i can’t seem to make any combinations with them that feels right. overall, it’s a nice mash-up of eras and even as a fan of their current look, i’d still take something similar to this over them any day. 

9 hours ago, woody86 said:

I like the idea! My issue is with the logo. All your accent lines start to look a little messy. Also, because of this I can't help but feel like his dorsal fin is a little disconnected from the body. 

I feel you on this one and I'll see what I can do to tweak it. I pulled the lines almost straight from the 96 logo and I got the same feeling from it.

15 hours ago, jn8 said:

i’d put the stripes from the white pants on the helmet. i’m also not sure how i feel about the orange pants, i can’t seem to make any combinations with them that feels right. overall, it’s a nice mash-up of eras and even as a fan of their current look, i’d still take something similar to this over them any day. 

DaskUb-U0AA1Tlz.jpg
DaskUb_UwAAoGzF.jpg

DaskUb5VMAA_WJo.jpg 

Version 2.0
-Orange pants deleted
-Helmet stripes added from white pants (inb4 S T R I P I N G   C O N S I S T E N C Y)
-Added second number outline to help numbers stand out better

-Removed outline from NOB for better readability.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Archived