ramsjetsthunder

What do we know about the new Dolphins set?

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

That was my first reaction to the suggestion that the 1 and 7 were specially designed.  They're arguably the worst in the set - especitally the 7.  

 

I don't buy for a second that an NFL team would design a font or any aspect of a uniform around a specific player, considering careers can be over in a flash, players can decline overnight, or (at least in 2018) your star player can be charged with PED use or even arrested before you know it.  

 

Regarding the 0 - that number violates the overall principle of the design, which is that the corners on the top left side are round while they're angled on the right.  It's ironic that the 0 and 8 probably look the best, and they're the two that violate the rules.

 

That’s what I meant when I specified “by itself,” because on its own, there’s no style or motif to match to. Unfortunately, you’re right; as more of the design motif shows up, the worse they seem to get. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

So it’s ok for Andrew but it’s not ok for me to defend myself? Even when I’m right? That’s what you’re saying....

What I'm saying is you're not right, if you're having Andrew's argument.. You're correct with a separate argument, as I have very clearly already explained.. So, instead of trying to be clever with unofficial details and sticking to your guns, just let Andrew know you caught an inaccuracy in his statement, and move on.. You can offer a subtle "gotcha 😉" and make a point.. It doesn't have to be a "HAHAHA GOTCHA, B**CH!! 😈".. Which is how you're coming across, especially with something as flimsy as a helmet number.. You don't win any awards for winning arguments around here, especially when you're the only one having that particular argument, so lighten up..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WavePunter said:

What I'm saying is you're not right, if you're having Andrew's argument.. You're correct with a separate argument, as I have very clearly already explained.. So, instead of trying to be clever with unofficial details and sticking to your guns, just let Andrew know you caught an inaccuracy in his statement, and move on.. You can offer a subtle "gotcha 😉" and make a point.. It doesn't have to be a "HAHAHA GOTCHA, B**CH!! 😈".. Which is how you're coming across, especially with something as flimsy as a helmet number.. You don't win any awards for winning arguments around here, especially when you're the only one having that particular argument, so lighten up..

 

Ok well everyone has their timelines mixed up here. I told someone else that slanted twos are unique to the Bulls....and Stars, Penguins, etc, etc. Then Andrew came at me claiming that the Penguins, do not in fact use slanted 2s, to which I presented a photo of the helmet numbers. So did I make the “GOTCHA” move right away or did Andrew think he “GOT” me? Then it’s not a proper response to post the evidence? I’m sorry how should I do things around here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brown1 said:

Ok well everyone has their timelines mixed up here. I told someone else that slanted twos are unique to the Bulls....and Stars, Penguins, etc, etc. Then Andrew came at me claiming that the Penguins, do not in fact use slanted 2s, to which I presented a photo of the helmet numbers. So did I make the “GOTCHA” move right away or did Andrew think he “GOT” me? Then it’s not a proper response to post the evidence? I’m sorry how should I do things around here?

 

Unlike most in this thread, I appreciate and agree with many of the points you're making, and I kinda like your style too.  Just let this one go so you don't get the attention of the mods or anything.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brown1 said:

Ok well everyone has their timelines mixed up here. I told someone else that slanted twos are unique to the Bulls....and Stars, Penguins, etc, etc. Then Andrew came at me claiming that the Penguins, do not in fact use slanted 2s, to which I presented a photo of the helmet numbers. So did I make the “GOTCHA” move right away or did Andrew think he “GOT” me? Then it’s not a proper response to post the evidence? I’m sorry how should I do things around here?

No one's timelines are mixed up.. The Penguins don't officially have slanted 2's in their number set, which is the point AW was making.. A tiny helmet number, used solely to help players identify their own helmet, that happens to be leftover decals from a previous era, are tough to make stick as "official"..

Everyone has acknowledged that you are correct in that they do, in fact, use slanted 2's in some capacity.. We're now trying to help you understand why you could possibly be right and somehow receiving this level of backlash.. Instead of continuing to defend your correctness and attempt to point out the flaws of others, just humbly move on.. That's the primary issue here, is that you seem to have such an issue with NEEDING to be absolutely right, acknowledged as such, and then praised for it, that it supersedes common discourse.. You proved that they use slanted 2's.. He made it clear that he was referring to their ACTUAL numbers (official team font, jersey numbers), which should've been the end.. But you had to make sure you won, and couldn't drop it.. That's why this has spiraled out of control, and everyone who comes to you offering help and advice becomes your next target..

I know you're capable of handling something the proper way, I've seen evidence in another thread.. Can't recall exactly which, but squashed a potential argument the right way and moved on.. Try that more often. You get more flies with honey than vinegar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WavePunter said:

No one's timelines are mixed up.. The Penguins don't officially have slanted 2's in their number set, which is the point AW was making.. A tiny helmet number, used solely to help players identify their own helmet, that happens to be leftover decals from a previous era, are tough to make stick as "official"..

Everyone has acknowledged that you are correct in that they do, in fact, use slanted 2's in some capacity.. We're now trying to help you understand why you could possibly be right and somehow receiving this level of backlash.. Instead of continuing to defend your correctness and attempt to point out the flaws of others, just humbly move on.. That's the primary issue here, is that you seem to have such an issue with NEEDING to be absolutely right, acknowledged as such, and then praised for it, that it supersedes common discourse.. You proved that they use slanted 2's.. He made it clear that he was referring to their ACTUAL numbers (official team font, jersey numbers), which should've been the end.. But you had to make sure you won, and couldn't drop it.. That's why this has spiraled out of control, and everyone who comes to you offering help and advice becomes your next target..

I know you're capable of handling something the proper way, I've seen evidence in another thread.. Can't recall exactly which, but squashed a potential argument the right way and moved on.. Try that more often. You get more flies with honey than vinegar

 

You're just as guilty as him at dragging this on  at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

No one's timelines are mixed up.. The Penguins don't officially have slanted 2's in their number set, which is the point AW was making.. A tiny helmet number, used solely to help players identify their own helmet, that happens to be leftover decals from a previous era, are tough to make stick as "official"..

Everyone has acknowledged that you are correct in that they do, in fact, use slanted 2's in some capacity.. We're now trying to help you understand why you could possibly be right and somehow receiving this level of backlash.. Instead of continuing to defend your correctness and attempt to point out the flaws of others, just humbly move on.. That's the primary issue here, is that you seem to have such an issue with NEEDING to be absolutely right, acknowledged as such, and then praised for it, that it supersedes common discourse.. You proved that they use slanted 2's.. He made it clear that he was referring to their ACTUAL numbers (official team font, jersey numbers), which should've been the end.. But you had to make sure you won, and couldn't drop it.. That's why this has spiraled out of control, and everyone who comes to you offering help and advice becomes your next target..

I know you're capable of handling something the proper way, I've seen evidence in another thread.. Can't recall exactly which, but squashed a potential argument the right way and moved on.. Try that more often. You get more flies with honey than vinegar

Show me where the Penguins have there official typography and fonts then. People keep saying they don’t officially use them but I’m pretty sure I see them on the helmets and I haven’t seen anyone prove that it’s not official otherwise. I’ve heard you state it, but you’re assuming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

You're just as guilty as him at dragging this on  at this point.

I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

You're just as guilty as him at dragging this on  at this point.

Noted, although none of my issue was with him dragging it on, but rather the manner in which he was going about it.. Particularly when opportunities to save face were offered, and those offering advice became targets..

Also, welcome to the "dragging this on" club!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

Show me where the Penguins have there official typography and fonts then. People keep saying they don’t officially use them but I’m pretty sure I see them on the helmets and I haven’t seen anyone prove that it’s not official otherwise. I’ve heard you state it, but you’re assuming.

 

For what it’s worth. I’ve never seen official helmet numbers on an identity guide, but please just accept the fact that 1. you were correct, 2. I misinterpreted what you meant, 3. you caught me red-handed being a know-it-all jerk and 4. Everyone is tired of the situation, so leave it alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is tired of it at this point. @Brown1 and @andrewharrington -- knock off the bickering NOW, or these threads are getting shut down. And everyone else, stop putting in your two cents or your armchair analysis; it's only dragging things out.

 

Back to the Dolphins.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only thing really missing from the Dolphins' current set is how little orange they use. The previous sets had it perfect, and they're just a small tweak (and teal face masks) away from being a top-5 look in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, heavybassX said:

I'm wondering how long before this turns into the Titans thread and get closed?

We need the mothership newsbot to rescue us again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nash61 said:

I think the only thing really missing from the Dolphins' current set is how little orange they use. The previous sets had it perfect, and they're just a small tweak (and teal face masks) away from being a top-5 look in the league.

Yup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dolphins numbers are so damn bad, when im cropping photos to use in designs, i purposefully try to hide the numbers as much as possible.

 

especially the 2....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2018 at 12:13 AM, andrewharrington said:

Not to to mention the complete lack of care in refining the weight, composition, and/or proportions of the numerals. Look at the tiny center strokes on the 3 and 8, which are exacerbated by the ultra deep cuts on the sides, the 7 looks like it’s about to tip over, the serif on the 1 is the size of a planet, the inside angle of the 4 is shallower than the outside, the overhanging terminals on the 2, 3, 5, 6, and 9 are all different lengths, and I could probably go on. This is truly a mess.

 

THANK YOU! The weight and composition of the numerals have been driving me nuts since they came out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan-Marino-1.jpg

 

maxresdefault.jpg

 

If Miami simply went back to this aqua and orange, ditched the white facemask for the aqua facemask, and 86'd the two different aqua/blue colors from the Jimmy Johnson years, I could actually live with the Dolphin Hotel & Resort logo on the helmet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

 

 

 

 

If Miami simply went back to this color aqua and orange, added the teal facemask, and ditched the two different blues, I could actually live with the Dolphin Hotel & Resort logo on the helmet. 

Just curious - why do you refer to going back to "this color aqua" and orange, but then refer to a teal facemask? Do you really mean two different colors there?

 

FWIW, IMO - Dolphins are aqua, Jaguars are teal, Panthers are Carolina Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Just curious - why do you refer to going back to "this color aqua" and orange, but then refer to a teal facemask? Do you really mean two different colors there?

 

FWIW, IMO - Dolphins are aqua, Jaguars are teal, Panthers are Carolina Blue

I meant aqua.  No, I didnt' mean two different colors and yes, the Dolphins are aqua.  I edited my post for clarification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.