• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Completed 2018 NBA Playoffs:

Β 

EhsfCmf.png

Β 

I've also been futzing around with the format for a bracket for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Here's what I have so far. The logistics are tricky since it's a pretty drastic reshuffle between the group and knockout stages. What I've done in this hypothetical (again, not to be taken as any sort of prediction)Β is grayed out teams eliminated in the group stage in the outermost ring, while teams advancing from the group stage get a background colour from their flag, and then their flag as a faded background image from the knockout stage on (e.g. Egypt). Let me know if this makes sense or if there are any improvements you think I could make.Β 

Β 

9jSh8rb.png

• 3 weeks later...

2018 FIFA World Cup, with group stage complete:

Β 

646c86S.png

Β 

Backgrounds for group stage winners are inspired by their kits. Backgrounds in the round of 16 are the crests each team is wearing on their kits; most are the countries' football federation logos, except for Russia, who are wearing their coat of arms.

2018 FIFA World Cup, round of 16 complete:

Β 

ZgSmKKJ.png

Β 

Note: There are spaces for scores in the knockout rounds; however, they are all on one layer, so they'll be added in at the end.

Oops ... fell behind. But here's the World Cup with the quarterfinals complete. Better late than never.

Β 

FYjY7uI.png

• 8 months later...

Yikes ... just realized I didn't post a final version of the 2018 World Cup bracket. Better late than never ...

Β 

IjxSbLw.png

Β 

AAAAND ... here's a first draft of the 2019 NCAA men's basketball tournament (click for larger version) :Β 

Β 

TnfxEMd.png

Β 

Also cooking up some new versions for NBA/NHL playoffs this year. Stay tuned.

Β 

EDIT: AAAAGGH, I f'ed up the NCAA one. East plays West in the Final Four, South plays Midwest. Will rework.

Archived