Circular Brackets

officeglenn

1 hour ago, darkpiranha said:

Love this, but I miss the team-color-specific presentation of other brackets you've done.Β Β 

Β 

Fair enough, it was just incredibly daunting at the 64-team level. Maybe if I get a chance this week it can be something I can add in at the Sweet 16 level. Y'know, something you earn by getting that far.Β πŸ˜†

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2019 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball National Championship, 4th round complete (Final Four):Β 

Β 

eYm2jnP.png

Sorry, didn't have a chance last week to add logos in behind the school names. Maybe this week?

Guest darkpiranha

What if you just recolor the wedges to match the color of the team in the Final Four and call it a day?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

Typo: it says the Thunder beat the Blazers 4-1, it should be the other way around.

Β 

Good catch! Thanks. Corrected version:

Β 

XvuaPix.png

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs, third round complete and finals set:

Β 

C7OQ8gS.png

Β 

I really like how you've evolved this concept over time.Β 

Β 

The one thing I'd like to see is a little more distinction between each game in the same "tier" of the bracket.Β  For example, in the Pacific Division, you had first round games between the Knights/Sharks and Avalanche/Flames.Β  What about slightly thickening the white space between the Sharks and Avs?Β  So it visually reads more like 2 groups of 2 teams instead ofΒ 1 group of 4 teams.

Β 

Please excuse my 5-second hack job to show what I mean:

Β 

Β 

yOsYYg7.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT.Β TITLESΒ  |Β  2nd in CONF. TITLESΒ  |Β Β 5th in HEISMAN | Β 7th in DRAFTS | Β 8th in ALL-AMERΒ Β |Β  7th in WINS Β |Β  4th in BOWLS | Β 1st in SELLOUTSΒ Β |Β  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

Β 

I really like how you've evolved this concept over time.Β 

Β 

The one thing I'd like to see is a little more distinction between each game in the same "tier" of the bracket.Β  For example, in the Pacific Division, you had first round games between the Knights/Sharks and Avalanche/Flames.Β  What about slightly thickening the white space between the Sharks and Avs?Β  So it visually reads more like 2 groups of 2 teams instead ofΒ 1 group of 4 teams.

Β 

Please excuse my 5-second hack job to show what I mean:

<snip>

Β 

I get what you're saying, and it's one of the things that often sticks out at me when I go back and look at these. It will be something to tweak for future versions, if I can figure out the math behind it.Β 

Β 

I think I'll also align the NBA and NHL ones so that one conference is on the top and one is on the bottom, thus avoiding the awkward, almost vertical text when we get to the finals. I originally did the Western Conferences on the left and the Eastern Conferences on the right because that seemed obvious. But different alignment worked well on the NCAA one, and it's another thing that always sticks out at me.

11 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Β 

I get what you're saying, and it's one of the things that often sticks out at me when I go back and look at these. It will be something to tweak for future versions, if I can figure out the math behind it.Β 

Β 

I think I'll also align the NBA and NHL ones so that one conference is on the top and one is on the bottom, thus avoiding the awkward, almost vertical text when we get to the finals. I originally did the Western Conferences on the left and the Eastern Conferences on the right because that seemed obvious. But different alignment worked well on the NCAA one, and it's another thing that always sticks out at me.

Β 

I'm going to strongly disagree with the idea that the white space needs to be changed. I like it as is, because it is balanced and even line widths across the entire bracket. I feel like if you can't figure out that the sharks didn't play the avalanche then you have bigger issues. Keep it as is.

Β 

Β 

tinysig.jpg

Also, I've been working on rejigging this for future years/competitions and incorporating some feedback I've gotten lately re: white space. I think this might be an elegant solution. What do you guys think? @pianoknightΒ @Jake3.roo

Β 

rq4csMy.png

39 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Also, I've been working on rejigging this for future years/competitions and incorporating some feedback I've gotten lately re: white space. I think this might be an elegant solution. What do you guys think? @pianoknightΒ @Jake3.roo

Β 

rq4csMy.png

Β 

That looks fantastic! Clean and has great separation of space.Β 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT.Β TITLESΒ  |Β  2nd in CONF. TITLESΒ  |Β Β 5th in HEISMAN | Β 7th in DRAFTS | Β 8th in ALL-AMERΒ Β |Β  7th in WINS Β |Β  4th in BOWLS | Β 1st in SELLOUTSΒ Β |Β  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 2 weeks later...
Β 
Β 
Β 
On 3/22/2019 at 10:58 AM, officeglenn said:

Yikes ... just realized I didn't post a final version of the 2018 World Cup bracket. Better late than never ...

Β 

IjxSbLw.png

Β 

Β 

Β 

Hi. I was wondering if you will be doing a circular bracket for the 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup with it kicking off on Friday. Fingers crossed you can. If you are too busy forΒ the Women's World Cup, any chance I can get the template for the 2018 World Cup you used. Thanks a ton and great work on all your circular brackets. Cheers!

NpTodZP.png

Archived