Major League Football Spring League

hugevolsfan

Well its been promised for years and I finally finished the league last night! I will post two teams today then the rest next week. The concept behind this for those that have not followed my fictional league MLF, is that the MLF decided they needed a developmental league but did not want to brand it as such. They came up with MLF Spring League as a branding. There are eight teams one for every 4 teams in the MLF. The design of the league would be to name a managing partner that each club could agree on with equal investments coming from each team. The results have been pretty good so far. Here is the league logo.

EkI8IHc.png

AKRON ARROWS
Founded 2015
Based In Akron, Ohio
Home Field InfoCision Stadium
Head Coach Ron Spencer
General Manager Tony Montgomery
Colors Royal Blue, Athletic Gold, & White
MLF Cups 0
Parent Teams Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, & Philadelphia

The new league has given GM & head coach opportunities to longtime MLF employees such as Ron Spencer who has spent 23 years with six different teams the last being the offensive coordinator for the San Francisco Hawks. QB Damian Bonner is the olders player in the league at 29 years old with some stints with Vancouver Crusaders of the CFA & San Jose Shock of the Arena League. The team took its name and colors from the original name of the Kansas City Mustangs before their moves.

8mExFCm.png

wlmJo62.png

WEJfv0t.png

BIRMINGHAM BLACKSMITHS
Founded 2015
Based In Birmingham, AL
Home Field Legion Field
Head Coach Don Brooks
General Manager Jimmy Fisher
Colors

Black, Silver, Maroon & White

MLF Cups 1
Parent Teams Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, & Washington

Former New York General & Memphis Blues head coach Don Brooks, who will turn 72 this season, was asked to coach a team. He won the first Cup in 2016 with the current Atlantic Mariners QB Reggie Blackwell. He has turned his attention to new QB Ryan O'Connell who he thinks has a chance to start for an MLF team one day. The logo is based on a symbol on the Birmingham flag & the name is a nod to their iron & steel forging heritage. The old school approach has been shown throughout this organization including the logos & uniforms.

K9E8kzD.png

fNLumwU.png

2cCXKKP.pngYfsaVPg.png

I was a big fan of the original series, and you have a really nice start. The only critique I have is of the league logo. The “Spring League” type sitting under the shield makes it feel detached from the whole.

I think it might look better if you found a way to put the wordmark in the shield. Maybe underneath the MLF in a smaller font.

4 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

I was a big fan of the original series, and you have a really nice start. The only critique I have is of the league logo. The “Spring League” type sitting under the shield makes it feel detached from the whole.

I think it might look better if you found a way to put the wordmark in the shield. Maybe underneath the MLF in a smaller font.

I actually did one like that but I wanted the MLF shield unchanged because this is the MLF just in the spring with new teams ... kinda like the summer league in the NBA but more marketable...

2 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

I actually did one like that but I wanted the MLF shield unchanged because this is the MLF just in the spring with new teams ... kinda like the summer league in the NBA but more marketable...

I can’t argue with that. I think my brain was fixated on the NFL Europe logo. It was also kind of a developmental league, but it had its own unique Shield shape with the word marks inside the shield. I get why you are going for though.

LOS ANGELES VIPERS
Founded 2015
Based In Los Angeles, CA
Home Field Farmers Field
Head Coach Bo Norvell
General Manager Bob Bennett
Colors Navy Blue, Athletic Gold, & White
MLF Cups 0
Parent Teams Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, & San Francisco

In Las Vegas is where the franchise started playing in 2016 but the pending move of the Toronto Rhinos to Las Vegas the franchise was brought to Los Angeles after the 2016 season. Former USC QB Mike Barnes is trying to get back into the league after a couple of arrests & rehab. He is a former 2015 first round pick of the San Francisco Hawks.

MWNk1zx.png

KwMdYXh.png

LxbJeGf.png

NEW JERSEY DRAGONS
Founded 2015
Based In East Rutherford, New Jersey
Home Field MetLife Stadium
Head Coach Greg Flaherty
General Manager Mike Ross
Colors Red, Black, Athletic Gold, & White
MLF Cups 0
Parent Teams Boston, NYG,  NYK, & Toronto

Buffalo was slated to get this franchise but the owner of the Arena League team the Buffalo Blitz & the Major League Hockey team the Buffalo Bisons Jim McCaskin wanted to have Buffalo considered for the Toronto move so he held up the lease on the newly renovated New Era Stadium. The league decided to place a team where the Knights & Generals play but brand it as New Jersey instead of New York. Former St. Louis defensive coordinator Greg Flaherty has came on this season to be head coach. He has been tasked in guiding what some people believe could be the QB of the future for the Generals Matt Morelli. The Penn State alum was drafted in the third round last year but did not get to see the field.

bMzTVXp.png

ZVe9U2l.png

4eJqLwv.png

5qCYpuT.png

CBDkxlm.png

1 hour ago, mkg74 said:

Dragons are pretty good. Like the tint of red. Almost pinkish. The logo is a tad goofy but only a minor complaint. 

yeah this one was the last one I did but I like the uniforms. The Dragon is supposed to be hovering breathing fire on its oppenents but had a hard time pulling it off

Archived