Holy s***, I actually finished the entire NFL (Hand Drawn)(Falcons posted 5/9)

jn8

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me just say that those Chargers uniforms are amazing. The new color scheme is fantastic and the logo is great (thought I prefer the "unused" official one). The new sleeve stripe looks even better than I thought it would. I imagine an all gray set for color rush would be the best look in the league, with the gray helmets matching.

As for requests, I would love to see the Panthers, with maybe a black helmet and oversized logo, with hopefully better striping than the disaster we have on our shoulders right now. Excellent work and I can't wait to see what comes in the future!

the user formerly known as cdclt

4 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

As for requests, I would love to see the Panthers, with maybe a black helmet and oversized logo, with hopefully better striping than the disaster we have on our shoulders right now. Excellent work and I can't wait to see what comes in the future!

Hmmm... Carolina could be interesting. I honestly don’t mind the current set, but an update could be good for them with how inconsistent the shoulder stripe is from player to player. I’ll definitely work on them.

2 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Moving forwards, I'm interested to see what you do to the Raiders.

Interestingly enough, I actually have something for them in mind! It isn’t anything major, just a little “Vegas-ing” them up

I absolutely love your Chargers concept. Bar none. This comes from a fan of BFBS, although this is an AFAS (anthracite for anthracite's sake) concept. The anthracite is totally necessary for this, given your explanation about lighting bolts.

I wish that the blue jersey should have been the primary home jersey, so that traditionalists won't be astrayed. Also, I don't know if fans can stand volt yellow numbers on the white jersey, as proven by the change in number color on Atlanta Hawks' white jersey.

But overall, this is a great concept.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:40 AM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

I was a little shocked at first, but it kinda grew on me. What would this look like with light blue in place of the royal?

Had some free time and made some (very) rough sketches, including a lighter blue closer to powder blue and one that uses a  more traditional royal and gold: 

dNVhH9c.jpg

Okay, so I already finished the next team... aaaaand I realized I spend way too much time doing this. I really need to get a job so I have something else to do:wacko:...

Anyway, I knocked out the Raiders, whose simple uniforms may play a big role in it being done so quick, now of Las Vegas rather than Oakland, and their new look is intended to signify just that. It isn’t too crazy, don’t worry. 

Colors: A color change??? GASP! No, it’s not as big as you may think, just a tiny accent color to outline some stripes and what more appropriate for a Las Vegas team than Vegas gold? Yes, I know someone got banned on here for suggesting that they would add it for their move, but I swear, I’m not claiming it as fact, it’s just a concept I did for fun:P But gold isn’t completely new to the Raiders and the color scheme of black and silver with gold accents has worked quite recently on another team as well, so I figured since this is just a concept, why not have a little fun?

Logo: Obviously, a small change was made. I smoothed our some facial features, added a LAS*VEGAS script above the existing RAIDERS, the top of the shield now resembles the top of the famous Las Vegas sign, and the outline was changed to the new gold as a way to include the new color. 

Helmet: Can’t really do much to the classic silver dome. The face mask is now black and the updated logo is placed on the sides. A thin gold outline trims the classic black stripe down the middle. As another “touch of Vegas,” the stripe is broken up in the back by a 4 pointed star encasing the number. The star comes from the Las Vegas sign as well, but some points were dropped for simplicity. 

Jerseys: Black and white, no alternates. Silver numbers on the home jersey are now outlined in gold, as well as the black numbers on the away jersey. 

Pants: Silver, ‘nuff said. The same stripe as the helmet, with the star(I guess you could call it a secondary logo if you really wanna) on the hip. Almost included a set of black alternate pants, but decided against it. Adding gold was a big enough change, black pants may give the ultra-traditionalists a heart attack:P

Combinations: If you can’t figure out what the primary combinations would be with only two jerseys and one set of pants, you  may need more help than I can offer. 

And with all ofthat out of the way, here they are:

zsS8Xih.jpg

And my personal favorite part, the player shots:

IR7L2PD.jpg

So there y’all go, the Las Vegas Raiders which brings the AFC West to 3/4 of the way completed. As always, all comments are appreciated, so let me hear ya!

Just a thought, how does everyone feel about the non matching Vikings jerseys? Like in the Randy Moss era the away having UCLA stripes and the home not having them? Just something I’ve been playing with, kinda wondering what others feel about it

47 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Just a thought, how does everyone feel about the non matching Vikings jerseys? Like in the Randy Moss era the away having UCLA stripes and the home not having them? Just something I’ve been playing with, kinda wondering what others feel about it

As a Vikings fan I love them. They work really well too because the yellow is surrounded by purple, unlike how the modern jerseys are. 

Okay everybody, let’s move on to the next team, the Minnesota Vikings! Being totally honest, I wouldn’t change a thing with the current set and I hadn’t even thought about what I’d do for them until:

On 5/12/2018 at 2:55 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

I would love to see a vikings concept, maybe you can expand on what Karl Hubenthal originally came up with.

For those who are unaware, Karl Hubenthal’s original sketches for the Vikings were along the lines of this. I took the idea, blended it with modern elements, and hopefully it turned out alright.

Helmet: I love the current helmet, even the black facemask, but I understand some would prefer the mask be another color, so I changed it to purple with a satin finish like the rest of the helmet, other than that, nothing is changed. 

Jerseys: Just purple and white, no alternate. I honestly don’t see Minnesota as a purple and gold team, but as a purple and white team with gold accents so a gold jersey didn’t seem to work. I decided to bring back the mismatched home and away jerseys. It’s a thing Minnesota has traditionally used, so why not bring it back? For the home jersey, I based off option B of Hubethal’s sketch, but like the modern jerseys, the top stripe is white. The away uses a shoulder loop, like the older sets, but instead of traditional UCLA stripes, I used a stripe based off the white pants. The font I used is the current font, but without the “horns” on the first number. 

Pants: The purple and white pants remain with minimal changes. the gold and purple stripes are of equal width on the white pants, and the white and gold stripes are equal on the purple. The white pants still have the gold never touching white. 

Combinations: Purple over white at home, white over purple on the road primarily, but white pants can be regularly rotated on the road and even an all purple set could see the field once in a while, but I wouldn’t use it that often. 

And here they are for your judgement:

br8CNNB.jpg

And Kirk Cousins’ first picture in a Vikings uniform:

E3mQkGw.jpg

Now, just for fun, here’s my sketch-sheet:

Shqx0RS.jpg

I like letting y’all in on the process I go through. I was pretty committed to keeping the current sleeve design while still incorporating the Hubenthal sketch, but nothing i tried looked right. I had several white jerseys. One with matching sleeve stripes, one with the V in the middle going over the shoulder, a couple with the current horn-point, and the design I went with. I tried the V on the pants. Didn’t like it. Maybe you guys do, but I feel like I went with the right pants. Oh yeah, the main reason I wanted to show the sketch sheet, the black alternate. IDK, it’s BFBS, so I wasn’t sure how it would be taken if i included it in the main set, so I just left it as a sketch instead of putting it in the final draft. 

So so how do you guys feel? Did I get the right blend of modern, but still keep the feel of the original? Let me know!

1 hour ago, Section30 said:

I love that Vikings home jersey, I'm not completely sold on the away having a completely different stripe pattern but overall it's a great look

I understand if you’re not a fan of the non matching white, but I was basing it off of this:

Psd6kBo.jpgkck5DCY.jpg

Archived