Holy s***, I actually finished the entire NFL (Hand Drawn)(Falcons posted 5/9)

jn8

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appreciate the comments everyone!

7 hours ago, Rocky Top said:

Awesome job on Arizona. I love the action drawings. Could be the best hand drawn concepts on the board. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with my Browns 

Hmmm, the Browns... I'm thinking... chrome brown helmets and anthracite jerseys/pants. Nah, JK, JK:P. They're one of the teams I hadn't put much thought into yet. Honestly can't go to crazy with them, probably going to end up pretty similar to the classic set with some minor touch-ups. 

As a die-hard Cardinals fan, I LOVE the look you've come up with, the black piping around the sleeve cap really stands out. The only thing I would change would be to change the caps on the black jerseys to match the other two, but that would be it. I also really enjoy the Broncos concept, as it would really give them a unique identity.

Okay my dudes, since I haven’t said anything recently, here’s an update:

My girlfriend’s prom was this weekend, I’m just getting home from the post prom right now actually, so I’ve been a little busy. But I’m still close to finishing up the next team, Philly, so I was wondering who you guys would like to see after them. I’m thinking about either Jacksonville or Cleveland, but I’m totally open to all suggestions. Let me know what you’re thinking!

3 hours ago, flyersfan said:

I think jags and cleveland would be great places next. Since youre drawing them, can you show us a few progress pictures? im interested to see how you get them to look so nice

I can definitely do progress pictures! I’m too far along on Philadelphia to get them this time, but the next team I’ll be sure to get them 

Okay, so it's time for a classic 1AM post, oh how I love college life :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've finished the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles, and in a quick summary, they're... unique. I don't know how these will be taken, but I wanted to try it, so if you don't love it, just let me know, it's no hard feelings. Now, on to the more detailed description:

Colors: Black is gone and Kelly green and silver have returned, yay! (crowd erupts in cheers) But notice that I never said midnight green was eliminated. (confused screaming from the crowd) I wanted something different, something unique, so I decided on a double-green color scheme with silver accents. I'm not totally sure how it will be received, but I just had to try it to get it out of my system. 

Helmet: I considered a Kelly green shell, but ultimately decide on keeping the current midnight green base with a Kelly green facemask. Obviously I kept the winged helmets using silver wings with Kelly green accents. 

Jerseys: Three jerseys, midnight green, white, and Kelly green, serving as home, away, and alternate in that order. The stripes on the sleeves (or more appropriately, the shoulder caps) was inspired by, but not identical to, the jerseys worn by Ron Jaworski. The number font is a slightly altered version of the current font, not too different, but different enough to be noticeable. 

Pants: Just two pairs of pants for the Eagles, silver and midnight green. The striping on them is taken from the stripes on the sleeves, just adapted slightly to fit the pants better. Kelly green socks are always worn with the midnight green pants and the silver pants are worn with socks matching the color of the jersey (with the white jersey being considered midnight green due to it having more prominence on the jersey)

Combos: At home they'd almost always wear midnight over silver, and on the road it would likely be a 5/3 or 6/2 split between the midnight green and silver pants, with midnight green being worn slightly more. The alternate Kelly green jersey would likely be worn with each pair of pants once, but my personal preference would be midnight green pants. 

Here they are:

S85YHbf.jpg

And the action shots modeled by Carson Wentz, Kiko Alonso, and Nate Gerry (gotta get the Nebraska alum some love, GBR:D):

hG29QJF.jpg

(I never like to compliment myself, but I love how that Carson Wentz pic turned out)

Like I said earlier though, I don't expect the colors to be loved by everybody, but it was something I wanted to do and needed to do it just to see what it would look like, so if y'all don't like it, just say so, I won't mind.

Side note: Since I'm going to be doing some progress pictures on the next team (I decided on Jacksonville since they just unveiled their new set), how would be the best way to do them? Should I just include all the pictures in the final post? Or would y'all like it better if I just had a new post every couple days to show where I am? Let me know so I can make this better for you guys!

While they are very unique and not a bad Idea the uniform just doesn’t give me a Eagles feel. It looks like a Seahawks fauxback concept with the blue/green, the Kelly green, and the silver.

To improve it but still keep both greens, I would make one of the greens the primary color and grey/white the secondary and use the other unused green as an accent color.

The overall design of the uniform is great, but I just don’t think the colors will ever clash well together.

2 hours ago, Weapon X said:

While they are very unique and not a bad Idea the uniform just doesn’t give me a Eagles feel. It looks like a Seahawks fauxback concept with the blue/green, the Kelly green, and the silver.

To improve it but still keep both greens, I would make one of the greens the primary color and grey/white the secondary and use the other unused green as an accent color.

The overall design of the uniform is great, but I just don’t think the colors will ever clash well together.

I was afraid of the Seahawks comparison. I picked up on it after I was already too far to restart so I kept going and just hoped it was a case of seeing my own work too much and maybe no one else would think they were similar. I considered flipping the sleeve stripes to be silver with Kelly green outlines, would that be an improvement? Thanks for saying something, I appreciate it! I’ll probably come back to Philadelphia after I’ve completed some other teams to fix it up. That’s the downside of hand-drawn I guess; no immediate edits

Im not a fan of the colors for the eagles, but it isn't a bad design itself. I think it'd be good as a seahawks fauxback as mentioned above. Wentz picture looks really good. I would say just post all the images at once at the end as opposed to one every day or so. But its your thread, run it how you want

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 4/24/2018 at 2:21 AM, jn8 said:

Okay, so it's time for a classic 1AM post, oh how I love college life :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've finished the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles, and in a quick summary, they're... unique. I don't know how these will be taken, but I wanted to try it, so if you don't love it, just let me know, it's no hard feelings. Now, on to the more detailed description:

Colors: Black is gone and Kelly green and silver have returned, yay! (crowd erupts in cheers) But notice that I never said midnight green was eliminated. (confused screaming from the crowd) I wanted something different, something unique, so I decided on a double-green color scheme with silver accents. I'm not totally sure how it will be received, but I just had to try it to get it out of my system. 

Helmet: I considered a Kelly green shell, but ultimately decide on keeping the current midnight green base with a Kelly green facemask. Obviously I kept the winged helmets using silver wings with Kelly green accents. 

Jerseys: Three jerseys, midnight green, white, and Kelly green, serving as home, away, and alternate in that order. The stripes on the sleeves (or more appropriately, the shoulder caps) was inspired by, but not identical to, the jerseys worn by Ron Jaworski. The number font is a slightly altered version of the current font, not too different, but different enough to be noticeable. 

Pants: Just two pairs of pants for the Eagles, silver and midnight green. The striping on them is taken from the stripes on the sleeves, just adapted slightly to fit the pants better. Kelly green socks are always worn with the midnight green pants and the silver pants are worn with socks matching the color of the jersey (with the white jersey being considered midnight green due to it having more prominence on the jersey)

Combos: At home they'd almost always wear midnight over silver, and on the road it would likely be a 5/3 or 6/2 split between the midnight green and silver pants, with midnight green being worn slightly more. The alternate Kelly green jersey would likely be worn with each pair of pants once, but my personal preference would be midnight green pants. 

Here they are:

S85YHbf.jpg

And the action shots modeled by Carson Wentz, Kiko Alonso, and Nate Gerry (gotta get the Nebraska alum some love, GBR:D):

hG29QJF.jpg

(I never like to compliment myself, but I love how that Carson Wentz pic turned out)

Like I said earlier though, I don't expect the colors to be loved by everybody, but it was something I wanted to do and needed to do it just to see what it would look like, so if y'all don't like it, just say so, I won't mind.

Side note: Since I'm going to be doing some progress pictures on the next team (I decided on Jacksonville since they just unveiled their new set), how would be the best way to do them? Should I just include all the pictures in the final post? Or would y'all like it better if I just had a new post every couple days to show where I am? Let me know so I can make this better for you guys!

As much as I want to like the double green, it'd be hard to get two shades that were different enough that they were both green, but did'nt blend together. I realize you're limited by the colors you can draw with, but It'd be difficult with real colors too. One more thing- Kiko Alonso has been a Dolphin for a couple years now.

tinysig.jpg

41 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I love the idea. I want it to work. But it doesn't... :(

Hey, thanks for being honest! I wasn’t sure if it would, but I wanted to try it. Sometimes your ideas don’t pan out. Oh well,  ya live and ya learn

23 minutes ago, Jake3.roo said:

As much as I want to like the double green, it'd be hard to get two shades that were different enough that they were both green, but did'nt blend together. I realize you're limited by the colors you can draw with, but It'd be difficult with real colors too. One more thing- Kiko Alonso has been a Dolphin for a couple years now.

Like I said, I just wanted to try something different. I’ll likely make a second version sometime later. As for the bolder part... I don’t even know what to say... I’m ashamed. I knew he got traded, one of my best friends is an Eagles fan and I remember texting him about that trade so I have no idea how I let that one slip, I’m normally extremely careful about that

After an admitted swing-and-miss on the Eagles, I’m back with the Jacksonville Jaguars. They recently redesigned their uniforms and, personally, I like them. They aren’t perfect and could use some gold, but they’re solid. However, this is a concept series, so I did my own take on what I’d do if I was given the chance to design the Jags.

Helmet: A solid satin black helmet with the logo on the side. I considered a stripe, but it didn’t look right, the Jags have never had a helmet stripe and, honestly, a solid black helmet is perfect for them. One new element I used here which has never been used in team history is a teal facemask. I felt it added just enough pop without being too distracting.

Jerseys: Three jerseys in three colors: teal, black, and white with the primary home being (drumroll)… teal! That’s gotta be obvious, right? How they can’t get that right is beyond me. As for the design, I wanted something unique, but without using jaguar spots, which in my opinion, look terrible on any concept I’ve seen with them. I looked at the leaks from a while back that were proven false and built off those stripes, but used a three color pattern and extended them further, slightly past the sleeve caps and a couple inches onto the chest. For the number font, I struggled. I love both the new font and the now-old font. In the end, I decided there was another team that could use the new font and it would fit their brand better, so I used the old font on the Jags’ numbers.

Pants: Again, three colors, black, white, teal. The stripes from the jerseys are carried onto the pants, adjusted as needed. Not much else to say about the pants, they’re pretty simple to describe.

Combinations: Primary home would be teal over black, road would be white over black, but all pants are interchangeable with all jerseys. Teal socks are used with the black pants and white pants, black socks with the teal pants and can be worn when the black jersey is worn with white pants. In my mind I would prefer them to wear white pants very sparingly, maybe a couple early season games in high temperatures, but primarily the black and teal pants should be used.

d0zWQ9H.jpg

And the uniforms in action, featuring Jalen Ramsey, Yannick Ngakoue, Leonard Fournette, and the BOAT (Best of all time), Blake Bortles:

Tg5CtSu.jpg

VUH64A8.jpg

As for the process/progression pictures, I'll likely have that up sometime this afternoon.

Thanks for looking, don't hesitate to let me know what you think!

Nike and the Jaguars should have gone to this design. Yeah, I like the simplicity of their new uniforms, but the lack of gold really makes that set look like their practice uniforms. Two thumbs up on your concept.

Archived