Holy s***, I actually finished the entire NFL (Hand Drawn)(Falcons posted 5/9)

jn8

If ever Mr. Tepper (new owner of the Panthers) would consider a redesign, I think he should take or borrow this design. There's a huge balance between the blue, black, and silver. Great work as always!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, that's amazing. Those drawings are what I wish I was able to do in art class this year (and probably what my teacher wishes as well, but, y'know..). Regarding the actual concept, the away could use a bit more blue IMO. Maybe switch the number colors?

ExJworW.png

19 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Oh my god these look amazing. I love the sleeve numbers and the black helmet with the oversized logo! That blue/black pants combo is something I need to see in real life. Excellent work!

Black/blue/black was hands down my favorite combination! I actually considered  it for the primary, but went with black for the sake of tradition. 

17 hours ago, edjb93 said:

If ever Mr. Tepper (new owner of the Panthers) would consider a redesign, I think he should take or borrow this design. There's a huge balance between the blue, black, and silver. Great work as always!

The color balance was something I was hoping turned out right. I’ve seen many Panthers concepts drop silver entirely, but I wanted to keep it and really tried to make sure it was used properly 

8 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Oh, that's amazing. Those drawings are what I wish I was able to do in art class this year (and probably what my teacher wishes as well, but, y'know..). Regarding the actual concept, the away could use a bit more blue IMO. Maybe switch the number colors?

On the away, I had others made up:

4nfJWCa.jpg

I liked all three (including the one I used), so making the final decision was tough. I thought the black sleeves looked better than black, and the black number was chosen simply because it’s what the current set has:

O2d9bfl.jpg

I won’t lie, looking at it now, I kinda like the black sleeves-blue numbers a little more...

First off, the art is fantastic.  I love the player drawings. 

Second, lots of upgrades here.  Denver looks awesome.  

I'd take the Eagles (the recent green/grey; not the one with blue) over what they have now in a heartbeat.  

You've done a great job at capturing the theme of what the Browns and Vikings just went for while removing the worst elements.  (And, BTW, the Vikings have a lot of history of not matching templates, so I am always OK with that).

I don't think this works for the Raiders, though.  They're pretty much a national brand at this point and it doesn't matter where they play.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...

Back to my dorm and school has started, I’m so happy ?  Anyway, I got something to post for ya, but it’s not a new team, just an alternate take on a previous one.

So there’s been some news about the Jets getting a redesign and over in the sports logos forum a lot of talk has thrown around the idea of a double green scheme, so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to see what it looked like on my design:

NzWGShL.jpg

It’s rough, but it gets the idea out there. I personally don’t like the idea of a double green scheme for the Jets, but I figured I’d post it here. How do y’all feel about it?

Okay, here we go again. Time for the Baltimore Ravens! When trying to think of an idea for Baltimore, I kept coming back to one idea: the cliché Maryland flag pattern. I originally started to roll with that, but then I noticed something: LITERALLY EVERY RAVENS CONCEPT USES THAT so I took a break. Then it hit me, what’s the most unique thing about the current Ravens’ uniforms? It’s gotta be the helmet stripe, right? And that’s the theme I went with. 

Helmet:

Very minimal changes here, which is kinda expected with the helmet stripe being the base of the design. But it isn’t untouched. A thin gold stripe is added to the inside of the purple stripes, to give a touch of warmth to a cold scheme, and the helmet is given a special finish, which shows purple in the right light, like that of a real raven. 

Jerseys: 

Three jerseys, purple, white, and black. 

The helmet stripe is brought to the sleeves, always appearing on a black background to match the helmet. And I lied a bit about moving on from the Maryland flag. It’s very subtly printed on the shoulder of the black alternate in a dark purple. 

Pants:

Only black and white pairs, not a big fan of purple pants. Stripes are down the sides, matching the others. 

One minor detail that I don’t really know how it will be taken: the Nike swoosh is always red, subtlety calling to the red eye in the primary logo. Some of you may see that as “highlighting” it, but my theory is, if it’s gonna be there, why not utilize it? So I made it red, matching it on every element of the uniforms as a nod to the eye. 

Aaaaand here they are:

gsaboK4.jpg

v60rFcL.jpg

Really great use of the Jersey striping! I like that the black background on the home & away make it look like black & purple triangles.

Good idea with the red swoosh.

Personally, I'd think the best combos would be K/P/K at home, K/W/K away, K/K/P third, but what you have still looks great, so no worries.

As for the double-green Jets, the logo's kinda messed up by it but the jersey is mostly solid. IDK if this just due to the shading but the name is kinda illegible.

I like the pants stripe a lot though!

Good ideas and amazing drawings, per usual!

• 3 weeks later...

Time for another one, let's see how this goes.

Tennessee Titans

So the Titans recently got new uniforms and well, they missed. Now that's not to say parts of it weren't good, as there were parts that are salvageable. Nevermind, screw it, time to start from scratch.

Colors:

I tried to manage to use 4 colors, both blues, red, and silver. I know that's a lot, but I think if it's balanced well enough, it can work. Hopefully mine is one that works.

Helmet:

We're going crazy right off the bat. The flames from the logo are on each side of the helmet coming from the face opening. If they doesn't make sense, I've got pictures. The rest of the helmet is silver and has a Columbia Blue face mask.

Jerseys:

Home, road, and alternate jerseys in Columbia, white, and Navy, in that order. I couldn't decide if there should be a red jersey a navy jersey and spent quite a while thinking it over, but in the end I decided on navy because of the Titans history being more navy than red. As for the design, I took the yoke from the previous set and gave it a red outline. I saw it, decided I wanted a little more than that, and used the sword-yoke from the current set (WITHOUT THE BEVEL. No double silver on mine) while still using the other color to carry it all the way to the end of the sleeve, so for example, the home jersey's yoke states silver, comes to the sword point, and then is navy the rest of the way. The number font is the one that had been used on social media and was presumed to be the new font until...... yeah. They're dumb.

Pants:

Three pairs, silver and both blues. The pants have the yoke turned into a stripe down the side and thats about it. 

Combinations:

At home, stick to silver-Columbia-silver, a home uniform used but a related team in the past. On the road, either silver or Columbia pants, navy mixed in very sparingly. With the navy jersey, navy or silver pants. Socks are available in both blues, so the top of the sock should never clash with the pants.

o9IAv3z.jpg

ypx7sVA.jpg

Now that you see them, how do you feel? Are they better than what they currently have? The same? Worse? What could I have done differently? Let me know!

Sooo much better that the duds they’re wearing now. I’m really impressed that you could build a cohesive and balanced set while holding on to and even emphasizing the silver. I’ve given the Titans a couple of tries, and never been able to keep it balanced with the silver. I think the navy blue jersey w/ the silver shell looks a little too much like the pats, and the helmets are a little on the x-treme side, but still so much better than what they have now. Really great series dude.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 2:34 PM, jn8 said:

Time for another one, let's see how this goes.

Tennessee Titans

So the Titans recently got new uniforms and well, they missed. Now that's not to say parts of it weren't good, as there were parts that are salvageable. Nevermind, screw it, time to start from scratch.

Colors:

I tried to manage to use 4 colors, both blues, red, and silver. I know that's a lot, but I think if it's balanced well enough, it can work. Hopefully mine is one that works.

Helmet:

We're going crazy right off the bat. The flames from the logo are on each side of the helmet coming from the face opening. If they doesn't make sense, I've got pictures. The rest of the helmet is silver and has a Columbia Blue face mask.

Jerseys:

Home, road, and alternate jerseys in Columbia, white, and Navy, in that order. I couldn't decide if there should be a red jersey a navy jersey and spent quite a while thinking it over, but in the end I decided on navy because of the Titans history being more navy than red. As for the design, I took the yoke from the previous set and gave it a red outline. I saw it, decided I wanted a little more than that, and used the sword-yoke from the current set (WITHOUT THE BEVEL. No double silver on mine) while still using the other color to carry it all the way to the end of the sleeve, so for example, the home jersey's yoke states silver, comes to the sword point, and then is navy the rest of the way. The number font is the one that had been used on social media and was presumed to be the new font until...... yeah. They're dumb.

Pants:

Three pairs, silver and both blues. The pants have the yoke turned into a stripe down the side and thats about it. 

Combinations:

At home, stick to silver-Columbia-silver, a home uniform used but a related team in the past. On the road, either silver or Columbia pants, navy mixed in very sparingly. With the navy jersey, navy or silver pants. Socks are available in both blues, so the top of the sock should never clash with the pants.

o9IAv3z.jpg

ypx7sVA.jpg

Now that you see them, how do you feel? Are they better than what they currently have? The same? Worse? What could I have done differently? Let me know!

Love the red trim on the numbers. Anyway we could get a Patriots set that maintains the flying elvis logo?

Really great sets!  I particularly love the way the silver shoulders work on the navy uniform.

I'd be interested to see what a red Titans set would look like, but I appreciate the decision to keep it out.  Under their current identity, I don't think it would work, in the same way that yellow Vikes uniforms wouldn't work.

xglLy43.png38ekInb.png3T2CQrI.png

On 10/14/2018 at 4:57 PM, KingKongTom said:

Love the red trim on the numbers. Anyway we could get a Patriots set that maintains the flying elvis logo?

Funny you should mention....

New England Patriots 

Colors: 

No more silver. I tried it, but it didn’t seem necessary, especially when I began having difficulty incorporating it into the uniforms, so it has been dropped. 

Helmet:

Similar to the current, but different in every way. The base is now white instead of silver, the mask is now navy, rather than red, and the logo drops silver, replacing it with white. 

Jerseys:

Three colors: Navy, white, and red. Navy is the primary home, because what color did the Americans wear in the revolutionary war? Blue. We fought the British, known as the Red Coats. It bothers me soooooo much that the Patriots classic uniforms were red and that a decent size group of people want red to be the primary. That’s historically inaccurate! Okay, now that that rant is over.... I wanted to bring back the over the shoulder stripes, but with a twist. Back when the Flying Elvis logo was first introduced, the pants had an interesting stripe sort of modeling the logo. I freaking love that stripe. I modified it slightly, dropping one stripe to make it a double stripe, rather than triple, and used it over the shoulders. 

Pants:

Two pairs, white and navy. As you couyhave predicted, the pants have the same stripes as the jerseys going down the leg. 

Combinations:

At home, primarily navy over white, on the road it’s reversed. Navy over navy is a nope, though white out is an option. The alternate jerseys are limited to the white pants, as navy pants would make it look bottom heavy, in my humble opinion. Who knows though, maybe once a year they could throw the stripes on the helmet, swap in white masks, and trade out Elvis for Pat in a full-fauxback... sh!t, now I regret not drawing that... gimme a minute lol ? 

Ready for the pictures? Are you sure? Well, here they are anyway:

jHRb7Tu.jpg

vZ32qas.jpg

I regret not using Josh Gordon. It could’ve been 10 11 12 and satisfied my OCD

6 hours ago, jn8 said:

Funny you should mention....

New England Patriots 

Colors: 

No more silver. I tried it, but it didn’t seem necessary, especially when I began having difficulty incorporating it into the uniforms, so it has been dropped. 

Helmet:

Similar to the current, but different in every way. The base is now white instead of silver, the mask is now navy, rather than red, and the logo drops silver, replacing it with white. 

Jerseys:

Three colors: Navy, white, and red. Navy is the primary home, because what color did the Americans wear in the revolutionary war? Blue. We fought the British, known as the Red Coats. It bothers me soooooo much that the Patriots classic uniforms were red and that a decent size group of people want red to be the primary. That’s historically inaccurate! Okay, now that that rant is over.... I wanted to bring back the over the shoulder stripes, but with a twist. Back when the Flying Elvis logo was first introduced, the pants had an interesting stripe sort of modeling the logo. I freaking love that stripe. I modified it slightly, dropping one stripe to make it a double stripe, rather than triple, and used it over the shoulders. 

Pants:

Two pairs, white and navy. As you couyhave predicted, the pants have the same stripes as the jerseys going down the leg. 

Combinations:

At home, primarily navy over white, on the road it’s reversed. Navy over navy is a nope, though white out is an option. The alternate jerseys are limited to the white pants, as navy pants would make it look bottom heavy, in my humble opinion. Who knows though, maybe once a year they could throw the stripes on the helmet, swap in white masks, and trade out Elvis for Pat in a full-fauxback... sh!t, now I regret not drawing that... gimme a minute lol ? 

Ready for the pictures? Are you sure? Well, here they are anyway:

jHRb7Tu.jpg

vZ32qas.jpg

I regret not using Josh Gordon. It could’ve been 11 12 13 and satisfied my OCD

Man those are sweet! Very unique and clean. Big W

11 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I feel like the blue part of the stripe will get lost on the blue jersey and pants, what does it look like white? Also same goes for red on red

Hmmm, yeah. I kinda saw that when I was doing them, but I felt like putting them on a white background helped. Looking now, I think you’re right and further depictions will reflect that, including the one below:

bENiBn6.jpg

Rough sketch, but I mentioned the faux back helmet with the red jerseys and wanted to see it. Also, I’m really digging the stripes and I’m considering putting them on the helmet full time. Anyone else feel like that’s a good idea?

4 hours ago, jn8 said:

Hmmm, yeah. I kinda saw that when I was doing them, but I felt like putting them on a white background helped. Looking now, I think you’re right and further depictions will reflect that, including the one below:

bENiBn6.jpg

Rough sketch, but I mentioned the faux back helmet with the red jerseys and wanted to see it. Also, I’m really digging the stripes and I’m considering putting them on the helmet full time. Anyone else feel like that’s a good idea?

That’s better than any of the jerseys you have right now, and that helmets making me drool.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

4 hours ago, jn8 said:

bENiBn6.jpg

These are sick! Love that you let us see both Pat the Patriot and the Flying Elvis.

Archived