Holy s***, I actually finished the entire NFL (Hand Drawn)(Falcons posted 5/9)

jn8

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with Minnesota done, that brings the total to 8 teams, a quarter of the NFL, so at the quarter mark, I’d like to ask some questions and get some feedback from those of you who have been looking at these.

1: Has the presentation been good?

Has the way I’ve shown the uniforms worked, do you like how I’ve shown the action pictures? Starting with Cleveland I went to sort of a “poster” style with the main player in the middle and two others on the sides, does it work? If not, how should I change it?

2: What team has been your favorite?

3: Who has been your least favorite?

4: Are there any combinations I didn’t show that you’d like to see a quick sketch of? (Example: Cleveland in brown over orange)

5: Is there an alternative color scheme you’d like to see on an already completed set? (Example: Los Angeles in royal and gold, no grey)

You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to or you can answer just the ones you want, I just want to hear a little feedback to see how it’s been going. 

1. Yes. The presentation has been excellent, and I love the action pictures.

2. The Chargers. The gray and blue works so well.

3. Don't really have one. These have all been fantastic.

4. Nope.

5. Nope.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1. Best hand drawn presentation I have seen in a while, maybe ever.

2. Chargers

3. Eagles, but they look great. Just had to put a team here (no bad designs IMO yet!)

4. Nope

5. Nope, everything you have done looks good.

Great work! Love this series. Consistently clicking back to check on this every day. Its THAT good!

Everything has been fantastic!  I think my favorite is the Chargers.

My only complaint on the drawings (not at all concept-related) is that in the Vikings "poster," Stefon Diggs is carrying a very large football.  According, to Mike Zimmer, it's Case Keenum that "has big balls."

xglLy43.png38ekInb.png3T2CQrI.png

I love the presentation, and the drawings! 

I would like if some of the players were a tad smaller, because it’s kinda hard to get a feel for some of the combos, especially that Vikings with the white over purple. 

other than that, keep up the awesome work!!

This has been an amazing thread so far and can’t wait till you finish! All the designs have been fantastic. But if one has to be best and worst. Best would be Chargers and worst eagles. 

I don’t think there is much else to improve the presentation is top notch and as someone’s who hand draws aswell, you’ve been a huge inspiration and help. Copied a lot of you’re technics to improve my own stuff. So I thank you so much. I also can realize how frustrating and long these can take and salute you for all the work you’ve done here because it’s really worth a round of applause!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 hours ago, Jake3.roo said:

Eagles in Kelly, silver and white

ArF3c9y.jpg

It's rough(15 minute sketch), but it’s an idea of what it would be. As for the rest of the Eagles, all I’ll say now is stay tuned...

Okay, with it being Memorial Day weekend (technically just a few minutes into the actual day in my time zone), I just wanna start out by giving a shout out to those of you who have served/are serving in the armed forces or have friends and family who have served. What you do is greatly appreciated!

Now for the new concept. Well, new may not be the right word, tweaked would be better. I’ve worked out an update for the Philadelphia Eagles which is very similar to my original Eagles design, but with a different, and hopefully better, color scheme. 

Colors: Last time I got greedy and tried for the best of both worlds and ended up with a messy double green scheme. It was worth a shot, but I think I can admit when something I tried didn’t work. This time around, I decided to drop the kelly green, keeping midnight. Maybe it’s unpopular, but I looooooove midnight green. Sure, kelly green is unique, but so is midnight green, and Philadelphia is literally the only team to use it. Along with the midnight green, silver is used as a secondary color. 

Helmet: A midnight green helmet with a silver facemask and the current wings with midnight green replacing the black outline. 

Jerseys: For the home and away, I kept the same design as the first go around, just dropping the kelly green and swapping colors around. 

Pants: The silver and green pairs are the same design as the original, but just like the jerseys, drop kelly and swap some colors. 

Alternate: I struggled here, bouncing around ideas of a black jersey or even just a single jersey using double green, but ultimately decided against them in favor of silver. Originally, I wanted a simple color swap of the away to be used on the road like Seattle’s wolf grey, but I got a little more creative, deciding on a fauxback to these beauties. I swapped in the current color scheme and swapped the wing decals on the helmet to create what I believe to be a unique and fun alternate fauxback. 

Combinations: At home, green over silver would be the default, and the away would be a rough split of silver and green pants. The fauxback jerseys are always worn with the fauxback pants and helmet, but given that the pants are solid white, I guess they can be mixed into the rotation as well and worn with the white and green jerseys. 

Okay, so here are the Philadelphia Eagles V2.0!

4M9Gcf5.jpg

x60eMok.jpg

So is the new color scheme better? Let me know!

On 5/28/2018 at 1:25 AM, jn8 said:

Okay, with it being Memorial Day weekend (technically just a few minutes into the actual day in my time zone), I just wanna start out by giving a shout out to those of you who have served/are serving in the armed forces or have friends and family who have served. What you do is greatly appreciated!

Now for the new concept. Well, new may not be the right word, tweaked would be better. I’ve worked out an update for the Philadelphia Eagles which is very similar to my original Eagles design, but with a different, and hopefully better, color scheme. 

Colors: Last time I got greedy and tried for the best of both worlds and ended up with a messy double green scheme. It was worth a shot, but I think I can admit when something I tried didn’t work. This time around, I decided to drop the kelly green, keeping midnight. Maybe it’s unpopular, but I looooooove midnight green. Sure, kelly green is unique, but so is midnight green, and Philadelphia is literally the only team to use it. Along with the midnight green, silver is used as a secondary color. 

Helmet: A midnight green helmet with a silver facemask and the current wings with midnight green replacing the black outline. 

Jerseys: For the home and away, I kept the same design as the first go around, just dropping the kelly green and swapping colors around. 

Pants: The silver and green pairs are the same design as the original, but just like the jerseys, drop kelly and swap some colors. 

Alternate: I struggled here, bouncing around ideas of a black jersey or even just a single jersey using double green, but ultimately decided against them in favor of silver. Originally, I wanted a simple color swap of the away to be used on the road like Seattle’s wolf grey, but I got a little more creative, deciding on a fauxback to these beauties. I swapped in the current color scheme and swapped the wing decals on the helmet to create what I believe to be a unique and fun alternate fauxback. 

Combinations: At home, green over silver would be the default, and the away would be a rough split of silver and green pants. The fauxback jerseys are always worn with the fauxback pants and helmet, but given that the pants are solid white, I guess they can be mixed into the rotation as well and worn with the white and green jerseys. 

Okay, so here are the Philadelphia Eagles V2.0!

4M9Gcf5.jpg

x60eMok.jpg

So is the new color scheme better? Let me know!

The color scheme change made a good design excellent. Best team do far!

Hey guys, little update here. I recently started a new summer internship with some really sh!tty hours, but the pay is good and it helps get me experience in my major, so I can’t complain. The reason I’m telling you guys this is because it may have an impact on this series and how often I can post. Realistically, I won’t have much time to sit down and draw, and that could be an issue in terms of the pace of this series. I love doing these drawings too much to stop, so I’ll work on this whenever I can, but if there’s long breaks between teams, don’t get too worried, I’m just a little busy with other things. However, on a more positive note, I’m fairly close to completing the next team, so they should be up by Sunday night, I’m hoping. Thanks for understanding!

On 6/2/2018 at 1:07 AM, jn8 said:

I’m fairly close to completing the next team, so they should be up by Sunday night, I’m hoping.

So, uhhh... it looks like I lied. Apparently I over estimated how much I could do in 2 days and with work all week everything kept getting pushed back but, nevertheless, I have finally completed the next team: the Seattle Seahawks. 

Colors/Logos: The navy blue stays the same, but wolf grey becomes metallic silver and the neon green is replaced by a more “easy on the eyes” color in teal—err, Northwest Green?. I like the color and wnjoy it when cities share a color scheme among their sports teams like Pittsburgh does, so the Mariners colors are brought to the Seahawks. The grey of the logo is now replaced by the green, reminiscent of the original royal blue and kelly green Seahawks logo. 

Helmet: Simple tweak of the logo color and a change from a navy facemask to a silver facemask. Still has the same satin/eggshell/semigloss/whatever the current finish is, but the weird pattern down the center is dropped. 

Jerseys: The Seahawks get 3 jerseys, home navy, away white, and alternate NW green. I sort of combined my 2 favorite Seahawks jerseys into my new one. The classic logo sleeve stripe set and the current look. The sleeve cap has the old logo stripe adapted to the modern jersey, but the bottom NW green stripe extends onto the chest like the current set while the top blue stripe ends at the seam (stripes are the same colors on all jerseys) The numbers retain the same font, but just like the helmet, the pattern is removed. 

Pants: Just 2 pants, navy and silver. Almost did a NW green pair, but ended up not doing it. The stripes on the sides use the same logo-inspired stripe as the sleeves, but without the cut off of the blue stripe—I played with it and didn’t like it. 

Combinations: At home they would primarily be navy over silver, but being the first team to really popularize monochrome, I’d see a couple navy pant-games. The road look would be roughly 50/50 between the navy pants and the classic silver pants look. The alternate jersey can be worn with either, though my personal preference is navy pants—I like how it sort of creates a balance with the navy helmet. 

27mv0KZ.jpg

vt72Btg.jpg

Just to avoid the picture looking awkward—Doug Baldwin’s undershirt is sticking out and his jersey is rolled up, his arm isn’t freakishly long past his knees?

And since I took a little long than I said, I do have a little bonus. It isn’t much, but it’s a rough sketch of some stripes sock designs for some teams that might need them to avoid a leotard look: 

T5Nz4Ox.jpg

From left to right: Arizona, Philly, Seattle, Minnesota. This will likely be updated every once in a while as I go and come to more teams that need white socks to contrast pants.

So so what do you guys think? Does the new green work? Lemme know!

You kept all the good parts and upgraded the not so good ones, the green is beautiful and in general it’s a massive upgrade and awesome looking concept. Also they now match the mariners which is something kinda cool i guess. And lovin the socks btw!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived