JimmyN64

WNBA Concepts

The new templated designs are worse than ever before, so I took matters into my own hands.  I decided to go with the same sponsor setup that the NBA has, with the exception of Verizon which was moved to the back under the numbers.

First up - Las Vegas Aces

FbZZ1cy.png

JZ9FC3d.png

Wow that looks really good. Nailed it

I like that new alternate logo you made for them, even though it looks like it has wings; it actually might be okay without it.

I'm assuming the wings are in reference to a "flying ace" and to Nellis Air Force Base.

So I'm not sure if that logo was actually released or just from something I downloaded, SO instead of that here's Seattle!  Inspired by the 90's SuperSonics.

BoayW5o.png

xsC8bhV.png

Nice redesigns.  Seattle is really good because they bring back the feel of the Sonics (what I just said was TOTALLY original.)

Connecticut Sun

I upgraded the secondary logo to the primary and ditched the current primary.  For a new secondary, I made a cleaner version of the sun in the Mohegan Sun logo.

BC0Y4Xg.png

d6RLbeN.png

Here's my tweaked WNBA logo -

fclYyp3.png

New York Liberty, inspired by the Knicks with some Liberty Green to help them stand out --

Y4BwWx6.png

zNTAotd.png

These need to be the WNBA uniforms yesterday.

Dallas Wings - got rid of the royal blue and red, they only served to distract from the otherwise really tight color scheme.  Also made a new "Dallas" wordmark to match the "Wings" and a modified version of the Hornets number font.

fclyxlr.png

3oplZCA.png

Indiana Fever - This is the first one with a stock Nike design (Nike Breakaway) that I tweaked to make unique to the team.

YqR4VK1.png

v7j2Gwl.png

Couldn't ask the WNBA to come up with anything better than what you have right here, outstanding. Carry over that color scheme for the Mavericks from the Wings please Mark Cuban, K thx.

4 hours ago, buckeye said:

Couldn't ask the WNBA to come up with anything better than what you have right here, outstanding. Carry over that color scheme for the Mavericks from the Wings please Mark Cuban, K thx.

IIRC Mark Cuban and the Mavericks have absolutely no connections to the Wings. Remember this team moved from Tulsa and before that Detroit.

34 minutes ago, theep3 said:

IIRC Mark Cuban and the Mavericks have absolutely no connections to the Wings. Remember this team moved from Tulsa and before that Detroit.

Whether he does or not, I'd still like to see the other Dallas team wear something close to it. Green needs to be in the mix, if not the main color.

I love the Sears tower side panel for Chiraq....and the D cups that were mentioned earlier.

Nice concept, and good God is it needed for the WNBA. They just completely gave up...

Are you going to do any of the defunct teams later?