Luingus221

MLB: Future Expansion Project

Hello everyone!  It's been a while since I've done aything on these boards, and this idea has been floating around in my head for a while.

The year is 2026, specifically in December.  The MLB has become co-ed with female players in the minor and college teams also.  The MLB has announced expansion to 36 teams in coming years.  They also announce a realignment for next season.  The realignment will place Minnesota in the AL West, Milwaukee in the AL Central, and Houston in the NL Central.  They then finally announce the first two cities that will recieve expansion teams:  Montreal, QC, and Albaquerque, NM, who will both begin play in 2027.  Here is some background info for both places.

Montreal:  With 21 years since the Expos left them for Washington, DC, Montreal's hunger for baseball has grown substantially.  When the Buffalo Bisons of the Triple A moved to Montreal and became the Royale, people were overjoyed to have a team to root for again.  The Royale play in the renovated Montreal Olympic Stadium, which now has enough seating and accommodations for an MLB team.  They were the first team chosen for expansion, long before Albaquerque.  They will obviously be placed in the NL East, like the previous team, and could become rivals with the Nationals.

Albaquerque:  Albaquerque may seem like an oddball in 2018, but in the future, the city has become one of the largest cities in the Southwest.  It also has a stunning Triple A team, the Albaquerque Isotopes, who have won 3 out of the 4 Triple A championships in the past 4 years.  Because of the growth of the city and the winning team, people in Albaquerque have began building up an immense fanbase for the Isotopes.  They were recently chosen as the second expansion team due to these several factors.  They will be placed in the AL West to balance out the conferences.

The names and looks of the teams are yet to be revealed.  Stay tuned for these concepts, which I have already completed.

First off: Concepts?

Secondly: Albuquerque 

57 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

First off: Concepts?

Secondly: Albuquerque 

I need to upload the concepts to tinypic and then put the links here, so please be patient.  I don't need people who want concepts immediately.  I had totally forgot the logo for Albaquerque, so it's taking longer than it should.  And about Albaquerque, read the first post please (after the word Albaquerque.)  It explains why I chose it there.  Plus, it has been an idea of mine for a long time (2014 to be exact,) and I wanted to post the concept here.  I finally have the chance to show it to the world now.

Gonna give this 24 hrs for a concept to be posted. Otherwise. I'm locking the thread. 

55 minutes ago, Luingus221 said:

And about Albaquerque, read the first post please (after the word Albaquerque.)

Wanted to point out that it's spelled "Albuquerque." 

58 minutes ago, Luingus221 said:

I need to upload the concepts to tinypic and then put the links here, so please be patient.  I don't need people who want concepts immediately.  I had totally forgot the logo for Albaquerque, so it's taking longer than it should.  And about Albaquerque, read the first post please (after the word Albaquerque.)  It explains why I chose it there.  Plus, it has been an idea of mine for a long time (2014 to be exact,) and I wanted to post the concept here.  I finally have the chance to show it to the world now.

I believe @Dan O'Mac is referring to the spelling. It's spelled Albuquerque.

The first team to be unveiled is the Albuquerque (i don't understand why people were making such a big deal about my mistake) Amigos.  Their colors are Cactus Green and Sand Orange.

Main Logo (used on hats. i decided to use paint instead of what i would normally use, so that's why it might look bad.):

ay851c.jpg

Home Uniform (no word marks or numbers cause I don't know how to do that.):

346omzk.png

Away Uniform:

8vzriv.png

Montreal will be unveiled next.  C+C welcome.

The Montreal Team obviously goes with the Expos name. They take all Expos history form the Nationals.  They also adopt the old logo and colors, so here it is if you don't know what it looks like:

w5aqbkrk24pv86dfgh5a1bh06.png

Home Uniform:

]wiol6e.png

Away Uniform:

mcy8f8.png

At the reveal, the MLB announces that Minnesota will NOT move into a new division, due to the fact they overlooked division structure.

1.  Look at some baseball photos and study the uniforms.  You won't find a fully-colored placket in any uniform designed in the past 70 years, if not longer.  IIRC the last teams to use that style were the negro league teams.

2.  Home and road can't be the same white color just with different (inappropriate) fill in the placket area.  

3.  There's no logos anywhere on the uniforms or caps.  That wouldn't fly.

4.  Green and gold is a nice scheme, but would they really have black or gray belts?  Some teams do this, but it wouldn't look good with those colors.

5.  Just go all out and give your angry cactus feet and hands, and maybe have him holding something - like a bat.

Going off of @BringBackTheVet's ideas, I have made some edits to Albuquerque.  The Albuquerque Amigo (that's the name of the mascot, who looks just like the hat logo) now has a baseball and a bat in its hands.  I decided to not go with feet, cause I thought that would look REALLY weird.  I also found out what the placket was (thank you Merriam-Webster,) and I colored it white for the Amigos.  I kept it the same for Montreal because I thought it needed more color and what's wrong with thinking outside the box?  Just cause no one has done it in a long time doesn't mean someone can't do it again.  It is 2026, after all.  I also changed the belt color to white, since it is used as one of their colors.  Lastly, I don't want to make the cap logos super tiny just to have them on the uniforms.  That's why I put the cap logos seperate from the uniforms.  Just imagine that they're on the hats, OK?  Anyway, here's how it looks now:

New Logo:

2vudono.png

New Home Uniform:

345by13.png

New Away Uniform:

2wrp5hv.jpg

Hope you guys like the redesign!  C+C is welcome.  Special thanks to BringBackTheVet for the suggestions.

The bat doesn’t line up, also, try giving it legs and make it a batters pose 

2027 Season:

With the two new teams and the two swapped teams, the 2027 season was a weird one indeed.  Rising from the bottom, the Phillies became the #1 team in the division.  Many upsets happened this postseason, such as Cincinatti, the #1 spot in the NL, losing against Colorado, the #8 spot.  The Amigos took out the Braves in the World Series, the first time they ever won it in their first season. The standings are as follows:

NL
East

1. Philadelphia*
  2. Atlanta*
  3. Miami*
  4. Washington
  5. New York
  6. Montreal

Central

1. Cincinnati*
  2. Chicago*
  3. Pittsburgh
  4. Houston
  5. St. Louis

West

1. San Diego*
  2. Arizona*
  3. Colorado*
  4. Los Angeles
  5. San Francisco

AL

East

1. Tampa Bay*
  2. Toronto*
  3. Boston*
  4. New York
  5. Baltimore

Central

1. Kansas City*
  2. Cleveland*
  3. Milwaukee*
  4. Chicago
  5. Minnesota

West

1. Albuquerque*
  2. Texas*
  3. Oakland
  4. Los Angeles
  5. Seattle

Round 1:

NL

(8)Coloardo d. (1)Cincinnati

(2)Philadlephia d. (7)Miami

(6)Atlanta d. (3)San Diego

(4)Chicago d. (5)Arizona

AL

(8)Milwaukee d. (1)Tampa Bay

(2)Albuquerque d. (7)Boston

(6)Texas d. (3)Kansas City
(5)Toronto d. (4)Cleveland

Round 2:

NL

(2)Philadelphia d. (8)Colorado

(6)Atlanta d. (6)Chicago

AL

(2)Albuquerque d. (8)Milwaukee

(5)Toronto d. (6)Texas

Round 3:

NL

(6)Atlanta d. (2)Philadelphia

AL

(2)Albuquerque d. (5)Toronto

World Series:

Albuquerque d. Atlanta

Thank you for your support.  The next post will be about the offseason.

2 issues

1. What happened to the Detroit Tigers?
  2. How did Albuquerque win the division and the World Series with an expansion roster

It would also be nice to see how the league had progressed from today up to the expansion.

29 minutes ago, eick74 said:

2 issues

1. What happened to the Detroit Tigers?
  2. How did Albuquerque win the division and the World Series with an expansion roster

It would also be nice to see how the league had progressed from today up to the expansion.

Thank you for telling me about the Tigers.  I merely forgot, and I will make sure I include them next time.  The Amigos won because they took the Isotopes players.  I know, completely unrealistic, but it's whatever.

One way the league has progressed is that there are now female players.  The first true female star is Morgan Sutton, who plays pitcher for the Reds.  In the issue of equal pay, the U.S. president Democrat Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (he actually wants to run for president, but in this universe, he lost in 2020 against Trump, but won in 2024) has passed a law making equal pay for all, no matter what race, gender, disabilities, or sexual orientation they have.  There are also now rules on sexual harassment/ domestic violence/ anything else like that against female players.  Players who commit these crimes are suspended for a certain period of time or for the season.  Also, if a female player becomes pregnant, then they can play ball for as long as they like, however playing in the later months is not recommended.  After they give birth, they have an optional 2 month paternity leave.  They can then go and play once that leave is over.

2027 Offseason

The offseason began with the announcement that the second round of expansion would take place in 2029.  The first of the two teams anounced were the Memphis Sounds, who would play in the NL Central.  The Sounds name was chosen to bring in fans from across the state.  The second team, playing in the AL East, was up for voting.  The four bids come from Norfolk, Durham, Birmingham, and Buffalo.  Here is backgound info about each:

Norfolk:  With a newly renovated and expanded ballpark, Norfolk seems the strongest of all the bids.  The Tide, the light rail service, now connects Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Chesapeake with fast travel.  This means that more people will be able to see games.  They also have a strong fanbase, so people actually going to games isn't an issue.  However, the cities' government's has been split between sports projects, and the NBA's VB Dolphins barely got the confirmation that they were allowed to play.

Durham:  The Durham Bulls of the AAA are a stable franchise.  They have a good fanbase, an expandable stadium, and a somewhat large population, if you include neighboring Raleigh and Winston-Salem.  The only real problem is that they are somewhat remote from other places in the state, and places like Charlotte are much bigger than Raleigh/Durham/Winston-Salem.

Birmingham:  Birmingham, with the Birmingham Stripers (formerly Gwinnett Stripers,) they love baseball.  Their ballpark is quite new and state of the art, meaning it could potentially house a team.  Never the less, they are quite committed to earning their first major league sports team.

Buffalo:  Since they lost the Bisons to Montreal in 2022, Buffalo's opinion on baseball has changed.  There was a protest against the move, which resulted in nothing.  They don't have a good ballpark right now, which is part of the reason for the move.

You can create your own character to pick a place or you can just cast a vote.  Thank you for your time.

Are there going to be logos on the jerseys or hats? Also I like the idea for Albuquerque’s logo.

On 4/21/2018 at 5:04 PM, Jbadger9 said:

Are there going to be logos on the jerseys or hats? Also I like the idea for Albuquerque’s logo.

The hats don't have any logos on them in the picture because I don't feel like shrinking them.  They're there, just not on the pictures.  The jerseys are a completely different story.  I don't know how to do that, so until I learn, there probably won't be.

Thanks for liking my Amigos logo!  It's been in my head for a LONG time.

On 4/19/2018 at 4:00 PM, BellaSpurs said:

The bat doesn’t line up, also, try giving it legs and make it a batters pose 

Whoops, didn't see that.  It's paint, so I'm obviously going to mess up.  The part about the legs just looks really weird in my head, just like I said about the feet.  The batters pose kinda defeats the purpose of having a baseball in the logo.

5 hours ago, Luingus221 said:

The hats don't have any logos on them in the picture because I don't feel like shrinking them.  They're there, just not on the pictures.  The jerseys are a completely different story.  I don't know how to do that, so until I learn, there probably won't be.

I understand it’s your forum but you aren’t gonna be taken seriously until you put some more effort into this, revise your logos, and learn to do some more stuff.

We're just going to stop this right here.  The uniforms posted were just blank templates hit with a couple clips of the paint bucket.  This would be bad enough but since the OP admitted to not feeling like shrinking logos for the caps and with there being no attempt at wordmarks at all this is clearly not ready for prime time.

I would suggest that the OP spend some time working on design skills and taking the time for something presentable before jumping into an entire fan fiction series.