Volkswagen redesigning its logo

The new logo is said to be a more modern and more up to date as compared to the logo being used currently and might probably be the first logo in the company's history to move away from the 'V' and 'W' placement that has been a standard since inception in the late 1930s

"Might probably"... what is that mess?

Volkswagen_Logo_history.jpg

I don't think they'd move away from the VW logo. I'd expect something like the 1967 logo, but with a blue closer to the 1999 logo.

I'm calling: VW with the letter thickness roughly like the 1945 logo, one outline, in a blue somewhere between royal and indigo.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I really hope they don't move away from the V and W as that quote seems to suggest. 
Nothing wrong with a little update, as they've clearly done in the past, but no need to come up with something completely new. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1116351_volkswagen-stamps-new-logo-to-mark-electric-transformation

This one is being less vague and just stating that they're going to "update the logo again for the electric era, polishing it up in time for the introduction of its I.D. Crozz hatchback"

This could be anything but it doesn't necessarily mean the VW is going anywhere.

Also included is another timeline that doesn't include the Nazi propeller blades/swastika, but has a logo from 1939 that retains the gear motif and has an interesting gap between the V and W

vw-logos-through-the-years-source-volksw

"The change in logo for the German automaker is because the new management thinks that the automaker's appeal globally is 'too German' and unemotional. Incidentally, the 'too German' part has always been the core communication of the Volkswagen brand in the past across all forms of advertising "

I guaran-damn-tee you that their next logo will be some sort of a squiggly, scripty thing that is evocative of a signature.  It will contain a color (probably light blue) and make the viewer more likely to crave a seltzer water than buy a car.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Reading between the lines I'd say this has nothing do to with being too German and everything to do with rebranding after the diesel emissions scandal.

VmWIn6B.png

On 4/19/2018 at 1:55 PM, VDizzle12 said:

Moving away from the VW would be a ridiculous mistake. Right now it's probably one of the top 5 best car logos out there. Simple and iconic. 

I would be stunned if the ditched the VW.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 minute ago, C-Squared said:

I hope they don't overthink this one. The VW logo is one of the cleanest, most identifiable marks on earth.

And its been incorporated with their identity the whole time.  It will remain in some way shape or form i presume.

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

And its been incorporated with their identity the whole time.  It will remain in some way shape or form i presume.

Hopefully unlike your no-longer-working signature. Please delete the monstrous photo bucket message :)

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

Hopefully unlike your no-longer-working signature. Please delete the monstrous photo bucket message :)

I hid all signatures a long time ago, so I never saw my own....it has been changed.

5 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Hope it ends up they just make it flat, lose the gradients and whatever.

This is one of the few occasions where I (yes, myself) think it would make the logo many times better.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

On 4/20/2018 at 7:47 AM, CS85 said:

"The change in logo for the German automaker is because the new management thinks that the automaker's appeal globally is 'too German' and unemotional. Incidentally, the 'too German' part has always been the core communication of the Volkswagen brand in the past across all forms of advertising "

I guaran-damn-tee you that their next logo will be some sort of a squiggly, scripty thing that is evocative of a signature.  It will contain a color (probably light blue) and make the viewer more likely to crave a seltzer water than buy a car.

Like the Jazz cup design?

https://gizmodo.com/the-lost-designer-of-this-classic-1990s-pattern-has-fin-1712539542

I think they’ll pretty much just drop the circles around the VW. Insert nikespeak about how they’re breaking down barriers, defying expectations, making a more open world, a dynamic new chapter in company history, etc.

Archived