Classic Coral: Dolphins Tweak Colours for New Uniform

Skape7

Yeah, I just looked it up.  I'm not going to stop trying to get #14 in softball every season, but that's pathetic.

Guess those really are the most offensive numbers.  Bravo, Admiral.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/10/2018 at 10:52 PM, aawagner011 said:

Found a couple new images of the tweaked uniforms.

First, someone received their new replica jersey:

And here’s Danny Amendola in the home set:

swu9p0d.jpg

The Dolphins changes haven’t received the publicity of the Titans or Jags because they are so subtle, but man, what a world of difference they made. They truly look like the Dolphins again and feel a bit like a modern interpretation of the throwbacks with all the right colors and lack of dark blue. The simplicity does wonders here.

At least Danny will look good in that uniform while he daydreams of the golden days of yore when Tom Brady was throwing him passes as opposed to Ryan Tannehill.  

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Two different numbers, 14 and 88.  

Both are venerated by modern-day Nazis for reasons so stupid that I’m not even going to recount them here.

I'll do it! Nothing's too stupid for me!

14 is for "the 14 words," which are "we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children," a rallying cry for white supremacists. "88" is "Heil Hitler" because H is the eighth letter of the alphabet. The remaining Patrick Kane Truthers have been seen saying "AND NOW THIS ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE" in reference to his uniform number, but I don't believe Eric Lindros has been called a Nazi. Just a fatass.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

18 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The remaining Patrick Kane Truthers have been seen saying "AND NOW THIS ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE" in reference to his uniform number...

They’ve got the wrong Blackhawks great...

32 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I don't believe Eric Lindros has been called a Nazi. Just a fatass.

There’s also “unworthy of the Hall of Fame,” but I’d argue he deserves to be there. 

Back on topic, I’m still liking the new uniforms. While the number font is still a little irksome, not having that second outline makes the odd edges/curves less noticeable. It’s kind of like when the Lakers employed drop shadowed slab-serif numbers - they obscured the font’s awkward cuts and angles.

40 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

They’ve got the wrong Blackhawks great...

I know everyone is mad about Bobby Hull being at the Jets games. I don't care for it myself. But he's the founding (abusive) father of professional hockey in Winnipeg, and they can't entirely unperson him. And what are they supposed to do? Shane Doan isn't returning their calls, and no one is returning Dany Heatley's.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived